• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

NeOak

Ok so it's connecting to the primary account not the one that's the closes. That makes perfect sense.

If you are trying to connect to a PS4 where your account is not the primary, you need to fulfill the following conditions:

1. They must be in the same LAN. No internet at all.
2. You must register the PS Vita/TV manually from the PS4.
3. You need to leave the PS4 on stand-by.

Otherwise it will go to where the primary account is.

jorgejjvr

So I just got one

Can I have bo3 on my room, and share that to my living room TV as well and be able to have 2 players playing together? One on the living room TV and another in my room?

So I just got one

Can I have bo3 on my room, and share that to my living room TV as well and be able to have 2 players playing together? One on the living room TV and another in my room?

I've never tested it myself, but I believe so; it's the basis for the whole "Remote Play with a PS4 controller" trick on an actual Vita.

Etzer

Can anyone help me out? Before selling my old Vita 1000, I backed it up to my PC using the Content Manager. Now, I'm trying to restore the backup to a PSTV but it can't find any backup files. Not only that, it can't find any of the saves I backed up either. The "PS Vita" folder in Documents that the Content Manager uses is just over 12GB in size, so I know the files I backed up are there. Any ideas?

Can anyone help me out? Before selling my old Vita 1000, I backed it up to my PC using the Content Manager. Now, I'm trying to restore the backup to a PSTV but it can't find any backup files. Not only that, it can't find any of the saves I backed up either. The "PS Vita" folder in Documents that the Content Manager uses is just over 12GB in size, so I know the files I backed up are there. Any ideas?

Are you using the same account on both the 1000 and the PSTV? If you've started a new account they simply won't show up to sync.

8bit

Knows the Score
So I just got one

I don't think that'll work, I think it casts the screen to the PSTV but inhibits the PS4 display. Anyway, the remote play is not great.

I don't think that'll work, I think it casts the screen to the PSTV but inhibits the PS4 display. Anyway, the remote play is not great.

Remote play works fine when set up properly in a compatible environment (read: not in the middle of 100 wifi signals). As for it inhibiting the PS4's screen, don't know where you got that but it's wrong - I've run the connected systems side by side to see how much delay there is.

Can anyone recommend a decent (and cheap) Bluetooth headset for the PSTV? I need something comfortable that I can use for both game audio and party chat during extended gaming sessions.

shmoglish

I love my Pstv. Playing Fallout or Kings Quest (=30fps Games) Works absolutely perfect. Finally I don't have to take my ps4 with me when I visit my girlfriend.

Gaf, I need help.

I bought a PSTV and I can't access the store, everytime I try to open the application it says that the store is not available in my region, but it is available in my country (Chile) and I'm a plus subscriber, is there anything I can do about it?, I mean, I can't download any of the vita games I have :(

IbukiLordSA

Hopefully someone can help me out here, does anyone know what format wallpapers need to be on the PSTV?

I have my PSTV set to 720p have set the pictures to 1280x720 and they look fine when I view them however when I try to set them as a wallpaper the quality drops really really badly where they look quite terrible. Something I am missing?

NeOak

Hopefully someone can help me out here, does anyone know what format wallpapers need to be on the PSTV?

I have my PSTV set to 720p have set the pictures to 1280x720 and they look fine when I view them however when I try to set them as a wallpaper the quality drops really really badly where they look quite terrible. Something I am missing?

I think they are saved with the Vita native res. The PSTV upscales it.

dickroach

so I've got a PS3 in my room, my roommates got a PS4 in his room, and we got a big TV with no PS plugged into it in the living room.

if I get a PSTV, will I be able to plug that in there and be able to steam the PS3 / PS4 over the wifi on the big TV?

PSTV+DualShock3 for $66 on Amazon aint bad (even though I know it was totally down to like $20 a couple of months ago)

they're too high in file size for wallpapers. the vita compresses them to 200kb or so in the end iirc. they'll look fantastic as always if you find wallpapers that filesize

NeOak

so I've got a PS3 in my room, my roommates got a PS4 in his room, and we got a big TV with no PS plugged into it in the living room.

if I get a PSTV, will I be able to plug that in there and be able to steam the PS3 / PS4 over the wifi on the big TV?

PSTV+DualShock3 for $66 on Amazon aint bad (even though I know it was totally down to like $20 a couple of months ago)

Not recommended over Wi-Fi. If you can wire it, it will be fine.

PS3 depends on the game, so it's just a few. PS4 will be the one you will stream the most.

eastx

Is the PS TV's Wi-Fi or Remote Play support worse than the actual Vita's? Because I use Remote Play with my Vita all the time (the PS4 is connected by wire to the switch and router), and seldom experience latency issues. I guess I'd see a lot more visual artifacts at a larger screen size, though.

960 x 544, JPEG or PNG work best.

PS3 streams so few games you might as well exclude it and say "no", but streaming PS4 should work fine.

Is the PS TV's Wi-Fi or Remote Play support worse than the actual Vita's? Because I use Remote Play with my Vita all the time (the PS4 is connected by wire to the switch and router), and seldom experience latency issues. I guess I'd see a lot more visual artifacts at a larger screen size, though.

No, it's not worse - and if you plug it in (ethernet) it's even better.

Piccoro

Gaf, I need help.

I bought a PSTV and I can't access the store, everytime I try to open the application it says that the store is not available in my region, but it is available in my country (Chile) and I'm a plus subscriber, is there anything I can do about it?, I mean, I can't download any of the vita games I have :(

Try logging in the webstore (through a PC): store.playstation.com
Navigate to a Vita/Vita TV game that you own and click on download and add it to the queue.
Then turn on your Vita and connect it to the internet, login and see if the game starts downloading automatically.

Mrcapcom

Any word on prices of memory cards? I see Vita games ramping up to where I'll play more but everytime I think about the memory card I cringe smh I might just bite the bullet and grab a 32/64gb

Any word on prices of memory cards? I see Vita games ramping up to where I'll play more but everytime I think about the memory card I cringe smh I might just bite the bullet and grab a 32/64gb

I doubt prices will be dropping, and if so it won't be by much. They simply haven't sold enough to justify another price drop on them (since they're proprietary technology and have associated R&D costs they need to recoup).

-

In other news, I just wrote an article on eight ways to improve the PlayStation TV if anyone's interested. ^_^

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/12/22...e-playstation-tv-a-better-choice-for-players/

Mrcapcom

I doubt prices will be dropping, and if so it won't be by much. They simply haven't sold enough to justify another price drop on them (since they're proprietary technology and have associated R&D costs they need to recoup).

-

In other news, I just wrote an article on eight ways to improve the PlayStation TV if anyone's interested. ^_^

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/12/22...e-playstation-tv-a-better-choice-for-players/

Nice Article!

I guess ill bite the bullet. It just seems like going Digital for my Vita is a better option than buying physical and to do that I'll need at least a 32 or 64gb card. I have a 16gb now so ill make due until i grab one of the other ones.

Nice Article!

I guess ill bite the bullet. It just seems like going Digital for my Vita is a better option than buying physical and to do that I'll need at least a 32 or 64gb card. I have a 16gb now so ill make due until i grab one of the other ones.
Thanks!

If you're going for a 64GB, I suggest SuperUFO. Had never used them before getting my 64 last year, but they had the cheapest price and their shipping time for the cheapest option was still only a week.

http://www.superufo.com/products/psvita/PS_VITA_PSVITA___Memory_Card_64GB_Japan_Version.html

---

Also, PSA: If you're buying Trails of Cold Steel today, make sure to install the day one patch (11MB) to enable PlayStation TV support!

Try logging in the webstore (through a PC): store.playstation.com
Navigate to a Vita/Vita TV game that you own and click on download and add it to the queue.
Then turn on your Vita and connect it to the internet, login and see if the game starts downloading automatically.

Thank you, but it didn't work. I'll have to use my USA account and say goodbye to the other one, because I don't have a vita anymore :(

Asd202

I'm thinking about buying PS TV and connecting it to a monitor the problem is my monitor doesn't have any audio support, I also don't have any speakers. So I was thinking if I can connect my wired headphones through USB port in PS TV using something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MSS6CS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I don't know if this will work because from everything I've read headphones need to have bluetooth for it to work with PS TV.

eastx

I'm thinking about buying PS TV and connecting it to a monitor the problem is my monitor doesn't have any audio support, I also don't have any speakers. So I was thinking if I can connect my wired headphones through USB port in PS TV using something like this:

I don't know if this will work because from everything I've read headphones need to have bluetooth for it to work with PS TV.

No, that wouldn't work since the PS TV only uses USB for controller charging, not audio.

eastx

Though as much. What about something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBUTHLE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think this could work I have a VGA cable and slot in the monitor so it would take care of video and use that audio jack to plug in headphones, or it that won't work I can connect it to some audio amplifier.

The problem is:

All Ugreen HDMI to VGA adapters are fully HDCP compliant, so it does not support HDCP protected content or devices

It might work if you first connect the PS TV to an HDCP stripper and then output that to the HDMI-to-VGA adapter.

Buuuut I would still recommend getting a new monitor with speakers/audio output.

If you have a bluetooth headset you could use that for sound.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/pstv/settings/bluetooth.html

edit: I'm a dope and missed your last sentence completely. I'll leave my shame in public.

I joined the party, keep my Vita 1000 with 3.18 and bought a Vita TV to get ready for Darius Burst Chronicles, which deserves a big screen :)

i just got a vita 2000 for xmas. thing is i already bought a PSTV bundle when it was on sale (although its still unopened). should i keep the console or return it and stick with the pstv as originally planned?

PSTV has limitations of what games can be played, so I suppose it depends on what you care to play.

Also, question - I have the email whitelist thingy, what's the best way to get games onto my storage unit? Of what I now own, I have pretty much all the games I want presently, but I may get more games in the future that I think would be best on PSTV (Danganronpa 3 for instance, in the event that I do not buy a PS4 by then).

PSTV has limitations of what games can be played, so I suppose it depends on what you care to play.

Also, question - I have the email whitelist thingy, what's the best way to get games onto my storage unit? Of what I now own, I have pretty much all the games I want presently, but I may get more games in the future that I think would be best on PSTV (Danganronpa 3 for instance, in the event that I do not buy a PS4 by then).

Content Manager Assistant, or memory card swap into a currently updated device.

Why not keep both?

This.

Why not keep both?

well for everyone who does have both a vita and pstv, what do you use both for? If i do keep the vita I can't think of many practical uses for the pstv (especially since hearing it doesn't have netflix)

Also, thanks for the help guys, this is pretty much the first time i've ever posted on gaf!

bomblord1

Banned
well for everyone who does have both a vita and pstv, what do you use both for? If i do keep the vita I can't think of many practical uses for the pstv (especially since hearing it doesn't have netflix)

Also, thanks for the help guys, this is pretty much the first time i've ever posted on gaf!

I don't have both but if I did I would use the vita on the go and then come home and pop my memory card into the PSTV for couch gaming on the big screen.

Tohsaka

I have both, and I use my PSTV for every game that supports it (which has been everything I've bought since it came out aside from Moero Chronicle). I like playing with my DS4 and having a bigger screen.

Reasons to keep the PSTV when you have a Vita;
  • If you have PS+ you can easily swap between the two systems and continue your game
  • TV remote play (if you have a PS4)
  • You can hardwire it for quicker downloads and better connections in online games
  • The PSTV is cheap, so why not?

doomquake

20e at the local electronics dorkstore...got it like a happy idiot.

but i forgot what Sony is like..sony..they never change.

Theres a fucking whitelist of the games that work on this system..arghhhhhh..
im so mad i want to snap this thing in 2. Just wanted to play MGS HD.

20e at the local electronics dorkstore...got it like a happy idiot.

but i forgot what Sony is like..sony..they never change.

Theres a fucking whitelist of the games that work on this system..arghhhhhh..
im so mad i want to snap this thing in 2. Just wanted to play MGS HD.

...the good news is that you can play all the games with a "Yes" in the PSTV column here;

http://thevitalounge.net/released-playstation-vita-games/

Reasons to keep the PSTV when you have a Vita;
  • If you have PS+ you can easily swap between the two systems and continue your game
  • TV remote play (if you have a PS4)
  • You can hardwire it for quicker downloads and better connections in online games
  • The PSTV is cheap, so why not?

it seems like everyone is saying that the PSTV is better overall for everything except
1. the (obvious) lack of portability
2. some games that aren't pstv compatible
However it seems like most of the games coming out now for the vita are pstv compatible as opposed to before, and the games i'm most interested in (p4g, disgaea 3+4, ys, tales of hearts r, danganronpas) are all pstv compatible as well.

if it was an issue of already owning the vita and then getting the pstv later, it would seem like a pretty easy choice to keep the pstv. But i have the opposite issue of having the pstv first and then getting the vita, and deciding if i should keep the vita or not.

Agent X

That was a very good article! I agreed with much of what you said.

Aside from the reasons teflontactics stated earlier, there are certain games that I prefer to play on a portable, and others that I'd rather play on the big TV with a controller in hand. For many games, it really doesn't matter, and where I choose to play just depends on my mood and/or a matter of convenience. Having both the Vita and PSTV gives me both options.

Great! I hope you enjoy it here.

it seems like everyone is saying that the PSTV is better overall for everything except
1. the (obvious) lack of portability
2. some games that aren't pstv compatible
However it seems like most of the games coming out now for the vita are pstv compatible as opposed to before, and the games i'm most interested in (p4g, disgaea 3+4, ys, tales of hearts r, danganronpas) are all pstv compatible as well.

if it was an issue of already owning the vita and then getting the pstv later, it would seem like a pretty easy choice to keep the pstv. But i have the opposite issue of having the pstv first and then getting the vita, and deciding if i should keep the vita or not.

The thing is, some of the best games aren't PSTV compatible. It'd be different if the only ones not available were crap mobile titles or something - but that's not the case. Only ~2/3 of all Vita native titles are PSTV compatible in the West. That sounds like a lot, but it's not all the good stuff by far.

Also, portability is a big factor with getting a game finished IMO. Having it to take with you (or play when the TV is in use) means you play more, which means you end up finishing more great games. Hard to pass up.

Well both factors depend on people. Portability is not useful to everyone(I have no use for it for example as I don't play games anywhere but at home) and wether or not the compatibility list matters depends on the games you want to play. Every game released since the PSTV seems compatible, it's mostly the older catalogue that isn't, but to me none of the games not available was really a big deal.

Then when you add the price difference, to me it wasn't even a contest, the PSTV is both better and cheaper. But if you do want some of the games without having to resort to the white listing trick and what not or if you want to be able to play somewhere else, obviously a Vita becomes useful.

Go on. I'm assuming we're referring to the U.S. region.

Every region. There are simply games that do not work which were put out since the PSTV dropped (and I'm not talking the day after). Pumped BMX+, Tetris Ultimate, Xeodrifter, and Organ Trail all come to mind as incompatible IIRC - and that's just off the top of my head.

Top Bottom