• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation UK doing a 4-day game test for a soulsborne game

AmuroChan

You wouldn't do a game test unless the game is close to being done. I highly doubt this is an unannounced title. This could be something like Rise of the Ronin.

bitbydeath

You wouldn't do a game test unless the game is close to being done. I highly doubt this is an unannounced title. This could be something like Rise of the Ronin.
Most of Sony’s gaming divisions should be close to done/in alpha.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

RoR is not a soulsborne game though, if they call it like that then they are idiots

Well, we don't know what Sony's actually calling it internally. This is just what some 3rd party research firm is calling it.

Most of Sony’s gaming divisions should be close to done/in alpha.

Right. So it's probably not some rumored, unannounced title like BB 2 or DS 2. Sony typically announces titles 2 years out (or longer).

Unknown?

Well, we don't know what Sony's actually calling it internally. This is just what some 3rd party research firm is calling it.

Right. So it's probably not some rumored, unannounced title like BB 2 or DS 2. Sony typically announces titles 2 years out (or longer).
No they don't, that was PS3 era. Sony usually does it one year in advance now. That's why everyone complains about a lack of news and gaming conferences.

AmuroChan

We know that changed as they haven’t announced anything in a long time, outside of Wolverine.

Well, there's Factions, Concord, and Fairgames too. Look, I love the optimism. I would go crazy for a BB2, but the fact that Sony hasn't even bothered to release a 60fps patch for BB gives me little confidence that they give a shit about BB. I hope I'm wrong though!

No they don't, that was PS3 era. Sony usually does it one year in advance now. That's why everyone complains about a lack of news and gaming conferences.

PS3? Most of the PS4 and PS5 1st party titles were announced more than 1 year in advance. The exceptions are the launch titles which are usually announced at the time the console is revealed.

God of War (2018) - announced 2016
God of War Ragnarok (2022) - announced 2020
Ghost of Tsushima (2020) - announced 2017
Days Gone (2019) - announced 2017
Spider-Man (2018) - announced 2016
Spider-Man 2 (2023) - announced 2021
Uncharted 4 (2016) - announced 2013
Dreams (2020) - announced 2013
Wolverine (2024?) - announced 2021

Last edited:

skit_data

Do we know what exactly London Studio is up to? We've only seen some concept art and we know it some kind of online co-op combat based fantasy game. Maybe it's pulling some inspiration from From Software in terms of combat mechanics or something

Insomniac will release Soulslike at the end of rhe fiscal year. After that they'll release new Arkham game with Resistance style fps

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If FROM themselves doing Bloodborne 2 then bring it one if not I’m not interested.

I don’t care about “Souls-like” games, I only care about actual Souls games made by FROM.

Last edited:

FingerBang

If FROM themselves doing Bloodborne 2 then bring it one if not I’m not interested.

I don’t cate about “Souls-like” games, I only care about actual Souls games made by FROM.
They're not. There might be an exclusive FROM game coming out for PS5 (the rumor was floating around a few years ago), but I don't think it will be Bloodborne 2.

In all honesty, all we need is a Bloodborne remastered in 4K and at 60 fps to run on our current gen machines. The game doesn't need a sequel and it's perfect the way it is.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They're not. There might be an exclusive FROM game coming out for PS5 (the rumor was floating around a few years ago), but I don't think it will be Bloodborne 2.

In all honesty, all we need is a Bloodborne remastered in 4K and at 60 fps to run on our current gen machines. The game doesn't need a sequel and it's perfect the way it is.
I don’t trust any developer other than FROM to make Bloodborne 2, if they not interested making one then I don’t need sequel……we don’t need another tragedy like Silent Hills here.

Top Bottom