• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow nuclear :lol

You should go back to 'concern' about worst-case battery life.

Hey, at least I'm being even handed! (I also wanted the best case battery life)

The signs do look encouraging so far though, but it's still odd that no one has done any kind of test yet (not even the Japanese media)

LOL @ the thread title change. I deserved that one!

iceatcs

Hey, at least I'm being even handed! (I also wanted the best case battery life)

The signs do look encouraging so far though, but it's still odd that no one has done any kind of test yet (not even the Japanese media)

Maybe no one haven't flat their battery yet since the launch day. :p

I wish battery tech was that long. :( Hell my hearing aids last 300 hours.

Wazzim

Banned
So how does the 3G stuff work? I know it's temporary locked to one telecom network in Japan but can you just insert your phone's SIM and browse the web with it?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If the stores end up IP blocking when all is said and done, y'all are fucked. Muffin will go... Nuclear.

lol.gif
at thread title change

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Having the words "apocalyptic" and "nuclear" in the thread title is very fitting considering the direction Vita's headed. hint:
doooooom

patsu

Wait a fucking second. The Vita PSN game store is IP LOCKED?! FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!

Holy shit! That's a disaster! The worst possible case scenario! That means that if a game is released in Japan only, it will be COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN IMPORT IT!!! Truly locked away in Japan only forever!

Not to mention that us folk who live in Europe and have US PS1 games on their PS3/PSP won't be able to play them on the Vita.

How the hell does this not have it's own thread yet? That's an apocalyptic scenario!

I was about to call the US President after reading your post. For Christ sake, next time check with the Vatican first for apocalyptic scenarios.

Sales report postings on japanese sites [azalyn.blog22/ameblo.jp]

- Select stores report sellouts of Vita WiFi models.

- Estimated sellthroughs; Vita WiFi 85%, Vita 3G/WiFi 56%

- Top selling launch software Mogol6, Uncharted, Dynasty Vita. Ridgeracer "uncharacteristically" slow

- Memorycard stock low; 32G and 16G soldout, over 90% Vita buyer also bought memory cards

- software-Vita tie ratio 1:1

That site link doesn't work

Just got to YT Part 12 of the stream - Cross-Game Voice Chat:

sooooooogooooooood.gif

...except in shitty games like Uncharted, which disable network.

it's to avoid spoilers

How would that work? Bad boy Timmy will spoiler the stuff for Timothy over voice chat? That's crazy talk. I understand restricting the ability to make screenshots (which you can do in Uncharted, btw), I don't understand cutting off network features.

Gravijah

How would that work? Bad boy Timmy will spoiler the stuff for Timothy over voice chat? That's crazy talk. I understand restricting the ability to make screenshots (which you can do in Uncharted, btw), I don't understand cutting off network features.

yes

they want to avoid spoilers

Wazzim

Banned

It's was a jab at Yoshida's explanation of the restricted screenshot feature.

putarorex

I haven't played my vita a whole lot because of early access SWTOR, but I've been impressed with the graphics. Uncharted looks pretty sweet (at least the first hour), but the gun play is horrible. I almost wish the target reticule was sticky and snapped onto enemies. Hot Shots Golf is a purchase I am definitely happy with. I haven't played the series in a long time, and forgot how fun it can be. None of the other games looked that interesting, but I might try out little deviants.

I've got four days of one-hour one-way train commutes ahead of me, so I should get a better impression of the system by Friday.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
"Why Nuclear has to react in such irrational ways?"

"It's to avoid spoilers"

"Oooooooooh, ok"

Flunkie

Banned
Garsh, I just want one now.. All I want is Hot Shots with analog control and I'll be happy.

New technology, and the new OS has me excited. As much as I love iOS & GameCenter (
yes I went there
), Vita will be refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom