• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita = TWO HUNDRED FORTY NINE US DOLLARS ($249)

Status
Not open for further replies.
StuBurns said:
Honestly do people care that much about playing PSP games on there? There's literally one PSP game I hope will work, the rest I'm happy to leave behind.
yes. because i started buying the psp games that's on psn just for vita.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StuBurns said:
Honestly do people care that much about playing PSP games on there? There's literally one PSP game I hope will work, the rest I'm happy to leave behind.

Yes, it's nice to have b/c.

Plus, Final Fantasy Type-0.

Eusis

StuBurns said:
I have a small pile of PSP games I'd like to get through, both physical AND digital releases, and my PSP-2000 screen's messed up, so yeah. It's something I'd care about.

Plus, I'm kinda hoping the HD remasters of the GoW games get "down"ported to the Vita so I can have the best of both, higher quality visuals and the portability of the original releases.

StuBurns said:

I think it's great Sony have picked a resolution that means people get per pixel mapping, and they're going to do stuff for stick camera control etc, but it seems pretty pointless.

There are some of us who are very happy with the PSP library, still haven't explored all of it, and don't intend to forget about it all once getting a Vita. There are a couple games I'm particularly looking forward to playing with the Vita's sticks instead of the PSP's terrible nub.

StuBurns said:

I think it's great Sony have picked a resolution that means people get per pixel mapping, and they're going to do stuff for stick camera control etc, but it seems pretty pointless.

I do, I actually have 15 PSP games stored on my PS3 waiting to be played on my Vita and after seeing Ys IV vid, I'm thinking of buying what is on the store to actually get into that series.

orioto

Good Art™
Just a lil question. Is someoene else concerned by the fact that.. everyone says the vita is a AA king, yet every games so far with native screens have zero AA ?? I know the ppi of the console is good, but i don't think it's that good that it hides every jaggies.

StuBurns

Banned
DMPrince said:
yes. because i started buying the psp games that's on psn just for vita.
Out of interest, which games? I'm not saying there's nothing worth keeping from the PSP library, but to double dip for PSV seems like it'd take real admiration for a title.

orioto said:
Just a lil question. Is someoene else concerned by the fact that.. everyone says the vita is a AA king, yet every games so far with native screens have zero AA ?? I know the ppi of the console is good, but i don't think it's that good that it hides every jaggies.

Have you seen the wipeout vid and the latest Golden Abyss vid or even the gravity daze developer walkthrough ?

It seems a lot of the Japanese developed games seem to be missing the AA for some reason though.

DiscoJer

StuBurns said:

Because, gasp, some people actually liked PSP games? Crazy, huh? I have a 16 gig stick full of PSP games I've bought off of PSN (more actually than I can download) and probably the main reason I'll get a vita is just to play PSP games (since not many Vita games appeal to me, basically Disgaea 3 and Persona 4)

It's amazing how on here some of the biggest Vita people apparently hated the PSP....then again, as I said, the Vita's game lineup doesn't do much for me and I loved the PSP.

orioto

Good Art™
madmaxx350 said:
Have you seen the wipeout vid and the latest Golden Abyss vid or even the gravity daze developer walkthrough ?

It seems a lot of the Japanese developed games seem to be missing the AA for some reason though.

Not sure i saw the last one, but vids aren't direct feed and the size and details of it completely hide the Aliasing i guess.

StuBurns

Banned
DiscoJer said:
Because, gasp, some people actually liked PSP games? Crazy, huh? I have a 16 gig stick full of PSP games I've bought off of PSN (more actually than I can download) and probably the main reason I'll get a vita is just to play PSP games (since not many Vita games appeal to me, basically Disgaea 3 and Persona 4)

It's amazing how on here some of the biggest Vita people apparently hated the PSP....then again, as I said, the Vita's game lineup doesn't do much for me and I loved the PSP.
It's nothing to do with what I think of the library, more what I think about wanting to replay games on a different device.

Paracelsus

madmaxx350 said:

How about that some of those games were intended for PSP so they just up-ported them?

StuBurns said:
It's nothing to do with what I think of the library, more what I think about wanting to replay games on a different device.

In my case, most of those games I haven't touched yet, I started buying them because I had planned to buy a new PSP earlier this year but then Vita was announced so I'm just waiting no to play them.

Paracelsus said:
How about that some of those games were intended for PSP so they just up-ported them?

Hey i'm not complaining, they probably would look better if we had more direct feed screens, still it doesn't really excuse the fact that with Vita's GPU MSAA is basically free.

yencid

man we need a thread for all of the TGS Vita media. The Trailers, screens and stuff. each game having its own thread makes it hard to find out what was show.

GQman2121

Banned
StuBurns said:
Out of interest, which games? I'm not saying there's nothing worth keeping from the PSP library, but to double dip for PSV seems like it'd take real admiration for a title.

I'm looking forward to continuing to play GT Mobile. I picked it up for my Go when it launched that fall, and then lost my Go on a drunken New Years Eve a few weeks later. I can certainly see myself redownloading that game and playing it, along with all of the PSX game I've bought or received for free through PS+ membership.

teiresias

StuBurns said:
I haven't owned a PSP long, and it's a PSPgo, so there's plenty in the library I'll be playing for the first time on the Vita. Hopefully there's a good trade in deal, but if not, the trade in value of the Go on Amazon is still more than I paid for it (new).

Eusis

StuBurns said:
In the case of games I already have on UMD? I'd have to either really like them or have barely touched them AND had a good sale to justify rebuying. War of the Lions may be worth considering for example, given it's $10, but I don't think I'd bother with something like The 3rd Birthday when it took reaching $10 PERIOD to make me get it.

So wait, Vita is not gonna have complete PSP PSN b/c support? Is it gonna be like the 360?

I really hope not. The b/c was the reason why I started buying PSP games on PSN.

Paracelsus

madmaxx350 said:
Hey i'm not complaining, they probably would look better if we had more direct feed screens, still it doesn't really excuse the fact that with Vita's GPU MSAA is basically free.

Don't tell me, I'd like Sony to make it mandatory.

So wait, Vita is not gonna have complete PSP PSN b/c support? Is it gonna be like the 360?

Games you purchased on PSN will work on PSV.

darkwing said:
i'm 99% sure for the Japan Vita to have English, the game on the other hand hmmm its only 4GB

rou ouh, this could be a deal breaker for me, i need english voice overs cause sadly i don't know Japanese :( , hmmmmm

Lesiroth said:
Woah, that's pretty awesome.

It is but still need work, there is a few frame skip at the end of the vid.

Kyon said:
if i bought infamous 2 from the store would it work?

lol.

orioto said:
Not sure i saw the last one, but vids aren't direct feed and the size and details of it completely hide the Aliasing i guess.

Here's the vid, there is definitely anti-aliasing going in that vid, watch in 720p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=caERlyLm6Sw

GQman2121 said:
I'm looking forward to continuing to play GT Mobile. I picked it up for my Go when it launched that fall, and then lost my Go on a drunken New Years Eve a few weeks later. I can certainly see myself redownloading that game and playing it, along with all of the PSX game I've bought or received for free through PS+ membership.
The worst kind of regret. I hate losing stuff when I am drinking.

orioto

Good Art™
madmaxx350 said:
Here's the vid, there is definitely anti-aliasing going in that vid, watch in 720p:

Hm maybe there is some AA in big games yeah, but honestly i don't see how you see that in that vid :p Even in 720p, the screen is just to small for the rez of the vid.

dr_rus

pharmboy044 said:
Vita is 100% b/c with PSP because it has PSP's MIPS4000 CPU in it doing sound and stuff but from I was able to gather it's still using some degree of emulation on the GPU side of things.
That means that SCE may well pick some key titles from the PSP library and do something better for them with this emulation than just rendering them at PSP's resolution.

thuway said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNn12SHiTQ Was this posted? Killzone 3 Remote Play. Can anyone notice any lag in the gameplay?

Looks pretty impressive, not too much lag, though there are a few moments where the connection craps out completely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RHNn12SHiTQ#t=96s - 1:40)

At least we know it's not fake though! (of course, it still remains to be seen how it performs in less optimal conditions though)

I wonder if they're cheating by sending a lower resolution video and having the Vita just upscaling it?

StuBurns

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Looks pretty impressive, though there are a few moments where the connection craps out completely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RHNn12SHiTQ#t=96s - 1:40)

At least we know it's not fake though! (of course, it still remains to be seen how it performs in less optimal conditions though)
I don't know if it's different tech wise, but PSP remote play never even compared to this for me. I'm not saying they're faking it, but in real world conditions I won't be surprised if it takes a serious hit.

StuBurns said:
I don't know if it's different tech wise, but PSP remote play never even compared to this for me. I'm not saying they're faking it, but in real world conditions I won't be surprised if it takes a serious hit.

Yeah same here. Remote Play was never this good for me either (downright unplayable for any kind of action game)

Mind you though, that was also very dependant on your signal strength and wireless interference as well (The further you moved from the PS3, the more laggy the stream would get). I would imagine that this demo was done under the best possible conditions.

Also, it might not be using full Vita res video either. They could be sending out lower res video that is being upscaled. That would surely help (and that may even be adjustable, like the PSP Remote Play was)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nuclear Muffin said:
I wonder if they're cheating by sending a lower resolution video and having the Vita just upscaling it?
How is that cheating? The point is, it works, and looks good.

Mind you though, that was also very dependant on your signal strength and wireless interference as well (The further you moved from the PS3, the more laggy the stream would get). I would imagine that this demo was done under the best possible conditions.
Yep, I kind of agree with this.

StuBurns said:

I have about 6 PS1 classics and 4 PSP games I still haven't finished, so I do.

DiscoJer

Kerrby said:
Has anyone said the PS3 I mean 3DS ugh... Vita has no gaemz on this page yet?

I think we have a new record!

We do still have people saying the PSP has no games though. (I mean, PSP back comparability on the Vita, only a crazy person cares about that. Shrug, people don't know what they are missing)

Still, unfortunately, it's not about good games, otherwise the Saturn & Dreamcast would have had better fates.

hmmmmmmmm I was just on the play asia site and i don't see any official pre orders, just being placed on a list, is that it?
Would i be guaranteed to get it ?

haha i'm so bad at importing but since its my first time its cool B^)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
also - just been thinking about this - i assume you can log in and out of your , um, various PSN accounts if you have 3G

if that's the case then that would mean effective region unlocking for PSN downloaded games. Fiddly but as the "auth" changes you could switch which games you can play

Kerrby

Banned
Did we get any footage of LBP from TGS?

Lets play a game, lets rank our top anticipated games for the Vita while I wait for the LBP footage :D.

1. Uncharted
2. Gravity Daze
3. LittleBigPlanet
4. Monster Hunter Ragnorak Odyssey maybe? Maybe not actually.
5. Street Fighter x Tekken

If those games came out at launch (all bar the last, that won't happen) then it would quite possibly be the greatest launch ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom