• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
523499.jpg

i've been using this

So I've looked and I have no idea if I missed one or whatever but I see people doing stuff from other games that aren't on the system so... is there any chance there would be a Fire Emblem wallpaper and/or lock screen? Or, if somebody could try to make me one I already found a few that were neat but were jaggy and all when I tried to use them.

Also, everything in here is gold. I hope there isn't a limit to pages cause you guys have made about a hundred wallpapers I want to use.

Just testing to see if this'll work...

killatopak

So I've looked and I have no idea if I missed one or whatever but I see people doing stuff from other games that aren't on the system so... is there any chance there would be a Fire Emblem wallpaper and/or lock screen? Or, if somebody could try to make me one I already found a few that were neat but were jaggy and all when I tried to use them.

Also, everything in here is gold. I hope there isn't a limit to pages cause you guys have made about a hundred wallpapers I want to use.

Just testing to see if this'll work...

Very nice. I preferred it to be with transparent backgrounds.

Tizoc

WOAH! Thanks to this thread I now have more background images than my Vita will ever need XD.
Thanks to everyone who posted the images, they're gonna be great to customize my Vita now that it has a 64 GB X3

If I may make a request for:
Crash Bandicoot background iamges
Y. Amano artwork backgrounds
Doctor Who background images

jetsetrez

I think the Vita automatically compresses any image you use as a background. It's very frustrating.
Is this actually a known issue, and is there no way around it? I had a Vita a long time ago and for some reason don't remember it doing this. I'm having a wonderful time with my new one, but would like to have my wallpapers be crisp.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is this actually a known issue, and is there no way around it? I had a Vita a long time ago and for some reason don't remember it doing this. I'm having a wonderful time with my new one, but would like to have my wallpapers be crisp.
Yes, it's been this way since launch with no fix in sight.

co1onel

Very nice. I preferred it to be with transparent backgrounds.
like this? (forgive me for the purple around the letters)

Y. Amano artwork backgrounds

Have you seen these posts yet? They may be what you're looking for. 1478 and 1443
Crash Bandicoot background iamges
Here's a nice one I found. I didn't make this.

Doctor Who background images
I'm not entirely sure if these are what you want but here's a few.

co1onel

Can someone make me wallpapers based on these images:

^a wallpaper without the background image of Ryu would be appreciated
Some of your pics were lower res than the vita, so I had to upscale and they might look a little blurry.

I already got the Y. Amano backgrounds in this thread, was hoping for more ^^;
Are these something like what you were looking for?

More Tearaway wallpapers, please?

Lime

Made some Persona 3 Portable ones:

persona4ojuev.png

persona2iulg.png

persona2dtug9.png

persona3puuyd.png

I still can't believe the Vita doesn't scale high resolution images properly, so you have to resize everything to its native resolution to not have a compressed low-res image from an otherwise HQ source file.

Just discovered this thread. Had a Vita for a few weeks and this is the single best resource for wallpapers I've found.

Would some more retro themed ones, or maybe a Neo Geo and TG-16 one since I have a few of those from PSN.

How is there no Tearaway themed lock screen with that shiny/fingerprint surface that you touch and pull in the upper right corner? I'd love for someone to do that. Most of the Tearway wallpapers I've seen have the title of the game on it, though, and I don't care for that.

Sethesh

Neo Member
Hey guys, first post on GAF.

Since I'm playing Muramasa Rebirth right now and there is a massive lack of wallpapers for that gem of a game I'll post some that I resized today.. They look SO good on dat OLED!

XNhjJNs.png

CgjDbzl.png

BJqbupL.png

6sqheP9.jpg

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have these with the text editable?
I'm trying to make one with vertical text that says 'final fantasy games'

I have the same questions, but I would like to change the background wallpaper. So if anyone has a template for these then please share them. Thanks.

Valkyria

Banned
This thread has given me so much, so thank you for all you. Now it is time to give something in return. Nothing really original but a few things from here and there that I mixed up for me:

And here are the wallpapers I believe that are not already in the thread:

FadedMFC

Neo Member
I have the same questions, but I would like to change the background wallpaper. So if anyone has a template for these then please share them. Thanks.

Those templates in my post will allow you to change the background.....I just need a way to be able to change the text. :(

Top Bottom