• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

A few months ago I saw this really nice looking PS lock screen made by someone on GAF. I can't seem to find it though. I think was the original PS logo made out the PS buttons (square, circle, triangle square) I browsed the whole thread, pretty much.

Just figured I'd see if anyone here has it :)

Allforce

Does anyone else have issues with the Vita browser in this thread? I just get stuck in an infinite loop of the thread loading and then "PLEASE WAIT....", loading, "PLEASE WAIT...", etc etc.

I want some of these wallpapers but I can't even access the thread through the Vita.

Number45

Does anyone else have issues with the Vita browser in this thread? I just get stuck in an infinite loop of the thread loading and then "PLEASE WAIT....", loading, "PLEASE WAIT...", etc etc.

I want some of these wallpapers but I can't even access the thread through the Vita.
I managed it OK the other day. Probably easier to transfer via CMA if you're having problems though.

First time for all of this, so be gentle.

===
I'm sure several people have seen the GiantBomb / Persona art project.

I really liked the transparent Persona backgrounds from a few pages back and I decided to try my hand at building a set of GB character Vita Backgrounds as well, and thought I'd share the results.

I want to stress again the original art is from the link above, I just did a bit off resizing/copy/pasting.

Thanks for the fantastic thread!

cafemomo

Here is some Purse Owner wallpapers.

NQszp3G.png

bsGbvJS.png

ZiNeFhj.png

Jomjom

Banned
I'm a complete Photoshop newbie so hopefully someone can help me out. I downloaded caemgen's template, but when I open the psd file it seems like I only get 1 layer per theme. How do I separate it so that I can get the sidebar layer only? I'm using PS Elements 10.

Jomjom

Banned
First of all full credit to magicaltrevor's awesome work. I loved the templates and without them I wouldn't have any idea where to begin.

After finally figuring out how to get all the layers to show up, I just made some small alterations to personalize it. I basically just chose wallpapers for my favorite games in each category (e.g. Journey for PSN, MGS for PS1 classics, etc.).

BTW is there any way to shrink these images in this post?

kaiyo

I made a SAO wallpaper/theme a couple months back.

I tried to match the background with the specific section, here it is in action:

2013-02-08-191221-610x345.jpg

Single player games (Kirito = solo)

2013-02-08-191229-610x345.jpg

Multiplayer games (Asuna wants a friendly duel)

2013-02-08-191234-610x345.jpg

PSN/PS1/PSmini/PSmobile games

2013-02-08-191237-610x345.jpg

Messages (Kirito and Asuna are chattings)

2013-02-08-191248-610x345.jpg

Media (swords away and enjoying the sunset)

2013-02-08-191253-610x345.jpg

Apps (Why aren’t you playing games?!? *stares*)

2013-02-08-191258-610x345.jpg

Settings and what not..

SAVE/DOWNLOAD

Download as zip or one with NO background image: here

First time for all of this, so be gentle.

===
I'm sure several people have seen the GiantBomb / Persona art project.

I really liked the transparent Persona backgrounds from a few pages back and I decided to try my hand at building a set of GB character Vita Backgrounds as well, and thought I'd share the results.

I want to stress again the original art is from the link above, I just did a bit off resizing/copy/pasting.

Thanks for the fantastic thread!

OMG I have the persona wallpaper for the preorder skin. Some please photoshop the giantbomb Persona's in the background.

kaiyo

Thanks flashbandit it removing)

Also thanks to kaiyo for his work, can't wait to try them out! :)

Good that it works, I use peazip to zip them up, maybe I changed one of the settings which made it not work with winrar.

Your welcome =]… too bad the PSV only has on or off for transparency.

If you guys want some changes made like rearranging/removing the icons I can do it.

kaiyo

Hey kaiyo,

I noticed the icons get all jaggy when I apply them to the PS Vita, but look smooth in your screenshots. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong?

Here's a screenshot:

If you are going to use solid background colour, it's best to add the coloured background behind the files with no background. Because the transparency for backgrounds on PSV is only either on or off, so there's no anti-alias. i.e. if the transparency is 49% it will be 100% transparent. If you don't know how to edit the pics just let me know and I will do it for you.

Edit: let me make one with no transparency so it will have anti-alias

Edit2: ^ now that i think about it, it probably won't work if I don't have a background. So give me a colour/picture for the background

Edit3:
Vf0BdlK.jpg

Could someone remove the part that says "classics"? Just leave the OG logo and font on the background.
Not sure if you still need it.
here:

SiDCrAzY

Thanks kaiyo... I dont know what bacground I want yet, but thanks for the offer, maybe I'll PM you when I find some backgrounds.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Download as zip or one with NO background image: here
Could you do me a favor and make those round thingies you use for both the Vita symbol and the PSP symbol. (Source here:
http://psvitalounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/psn.png)

I'm not good enough with image editing software to re-create what you did. I can add my own backgrounds and rescale stuff, but the transparency stuff you're doing is above my abilities.

Would be very cool.

(I need more screens than you use and would scale the rest.)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Could you do me a favor and make those round thingies you use for both the Vita symbol and the PSP symbol.
Don't worry! I'll figured it out myself The results are good enough for now.

I don't know if I like every background. A few too many guns but of some of my anticipated games there isn't that much art out yet. (And I had to switch it up, had some of my backgrounds for a year.)

kaiyo

I don't know if I like every background. A few too many guns but of some of my anticipated games there isn't that much art out yet. (And I had to switch it up, had some of my backgrounds for a year.)

ah, I didn't check this thread yesterday. Great that you did it yourself. =]

MicH

This thread is a gold mine! I just used glorious the Xenoblade start screen (night) as my lockscreen. Beautiful!

Oshimai

Do you have a clean version of the inFAMOUS Second Son wallpaper?

jwk94

Can somebody make me a Vita wallpaper (for my lockscreen) out of the senran kagura shinovi versus boxart please? I just want the girls clashing please. Here's a picture for reference

images

Tomodachi

Can somebody make me a Vita wallpaper (for my lockscreen) out of the senran kagura shinovi versus boxart please? I just want the girls clashing please. Here's a picture for reference

This was the best I could find, then I adapted it to the Vita screen format (see below). All of the other images were too low-res, this was the only one usable (not the best picture quality either, it was already this compressed in the original file), there are kanjis all over and it's very narrow :(

Top Bottom