• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Everybody please get Infinite Minigolf. VR or not, just get it. The multiplayer is pure fun. I played 1v1 with some random guy a few matches and it was crazy fun.

We need to get 4~8 players, ball collision + random golf shapes going on ASAP. Please!

I'll get it when I get paid soon, I really want us to play a single game together and at least with that game, it doesn't matter if you are up for PSVR at the moment or not. It's a good game.

FingerBang

Ah cool, good stuff there.

Also anyone have any redeeming qualities to mention for Theseus? I'm so bummed it didn't get any praise, I love the setting. Anyone take the plunge?

The atmosphere and the graphics are okay, but it's pretty disappointing. It's short (less than 90 minutes), it's repetitive and it's probably the most linear game I played in the last few years.

I wouldn't say it's horrible, but it's really hard to recommend it unless you just love to use the PSVR and want to feel like you are in a giant labyrinth (which doesn't even look like one).

MattAces

I'll get it when I get paid soon, I really want us to play a single game together and at least with that game, it doesn't matter if you are up for PSVR at the moment or not. It's a good game.

argh, I'm still extremely worried that they will refuse on repairing/replacing it. I don't mind paying for a repair but I can't afford a new one for sure. I read through a lot of terms and condition for warranty policies and in some countries, they will require certain amount of dead pixel for the warranty to work. But that was only stated in the Australia Sony T&C. I checked through the entire PlayStation Asia PSVR T&C and Sony Asia T&C couldn't find anything suggesting that, so that's kind of a relief. Contacted the support through facebook, phone, and my local service center, none of them have any clue about the policies stuff. All they've said is: bring the device here and a receipt, we'll send it to the main service center. Since it was sent in yesterday, hopefully that means they're indeed going to fix/replace it.

argh, I'm still extremely worried that they will refuse on repairing/replacing it. I don't mind paying for a repair but I can't afford a new one for sure. I read through a lot of terms and condition for warranty policies and in some countries, they will require certain amount of dead pixel for the warranty to work. But that was only stated in the Australia Sony T&C. I checked through the entire PlayStation Asia PSVR T&C and Sony Asia T&C couldn't find anything suggesting that, so that's kind of a relief. Contacted the support through facebook, phone, and my local service center, none of them have any clue about the policies stuff. All they've said is: bring the device here and a receipt, we'll send it to the main service center. Since it was sent in yesterday, hopefully that means they're indeed going to fix/replace it.

I would hope that as a new product Sony replace it, I have to say that I've had a good experience recently with them. I purchased a 4K TV from them and it had a single stuck pixel on it, when speaking with Currys who I bought from they refused to do anything about it stating it required at least 5 dead pixels in a certain location for them to replace. I tweeted images to Sony of the single pixel and they arranged a replacement with zero fuss at all.

https://twitter.com/DaveP2611/status/841798054256771072

Nah, Sony PSVR support is really good when it comes to replacements, my breakout box died 2 months ago and they sent me a brand new PSVR and breakout box in less than two weeks. I wouldn't be too worry.

ChouGoku

Fuck superhot is so fun, even just to fuck around in for a few mins. You feel so dope when you have bullets surrounding you, you Matrix dodge them, snatch someones gun, then shoot every attacker.

MattAces

I would hope that as a new product Sony replace it, I have to say that I've had a good experience recently with them. I purchased a 4K TV from them and it had a single stuck pixel on it, when speaking with Currys who I bought from they refused to do anything about it stating it required at least 5 dead pixels in a certain location for them to replace. I tweeted images to Sony of the single pixel and they arranged a replacement with zero fuss at all.

https://twitter.com/DaveP2611/status/841798054256771072

Nah, Sony PSVR support is really good when it comes to replacements, my breakout box died 2 months ago and they sent me a brand new PSVR and breakout box in less than two weeks. I wouldn't be too worry.

That's kind of a relief to hear, and I've heard nothing but great things on hardware warranties by Sony, but here's the tricky part, you guys are either from US/EU, where companies take customer support seriously with actual technical people to provide help.
Hopefully that's the case for Asia too, but customer support tends to be terrible around here. Although, I got my PS4 Pro repaired in a week for its disc drive failure and they told me there was a previous case for PSVR warranty where they replace the whole thing.

Champloo4

Thanks to whoever said the trick to throwing in Superhot VR is to do it like a "force push" -
- instead of a frisbee.

I was throwing knives and wine bottles like a champ last night. Game is so gooooood.

bumpkin

Did not expect this out of Ark Park (Watch until the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-tI4g_zPs

Slightly excited :D
Every time I ask about ARK Park on Twitter, some troll is there to talk about how its performance is not-so hot on PC, so expecting it to be good on PSVR is a pipe dream. I hope they're wrong and the devs pull it together. Jurassic Park will never be real, but having something like it in VR makes my inner child giggle.

MattAces

Every time I ask about ARK Park on Twitter, some troll is there to talk about how its performance is not-so hot on PC, so expecting it to be good on PSVR is a pipe dream. I hope they're wrong and the devs pull it together. Jurassic Park will never be real, but having something like it in VR makes my inner child giggle.

Ark Park is built from ground up by a completely different dev team. It has nothing to do with the main Ark game except for the brand name.

bumpkin

Ark Park is built from ground up by a completely different dev team. It has nothing to do with the main Ark game except for the brand name.
Hopefully it comes out decent.

So it looks like Theseus is up on PSN, $19.99. Interestingly it has four reviews so far resulting in a 3-out-of-5 rating. I remember a few posters saying it was on the ho-hum side and pretty short. The trailers make it look awesome, I guess that's what trailers are for though.

Gitaroo

surprised how jaggy and rough superhot looks on my PS4 pro, even after the patch. Can't imagine what it looks like on standard PS4.

majik13

Is it enjoyable while sitting?

Don't think its fully possible, its probably the game that require the most space to play.

I mean you could definitely try, but youd likely be falling out of your seat to complete anything.

Did not expect this out of Ark Park (Watch until the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-tI4g_zPs

Slightly excited :D

yeah was not expecting that, could be very cool. Was it always planned to be like this?(as its always been billed as just a more or less experience, as far as I know), or did they just add this along the way to make it more interesting?

ffvorax

GT Sport PSVR gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKdQ_H6iVL4

That looks very close to Dirt Rally/Drive Club...
They couldn't achieve full match race with that graphic? Come on. I was expecting a super beautiful VR game since it's 1v1.

I think it looks decent, but I also think these kind of games are still not ready for VR.
We need more power to have a nice graphic for today standards.

Physic, details, etc... it's still too early. Nice to have them though to taste what we can expect in the future.

FingerBang

I think it looks decent, but I also think these kind of games are still not ready for VR.

Physic, details, etc... it's still too early. Nice to have them though to taste what we can expect in the future.

This is so true. We need better HMDs, but before that, we need more power.

I think we should have AT LEAST 4K resolution to really appreciate a modern game with good draw distance, and probably not even a 1080ti would be able to keep a high enough frame rate at the moment.

You can have good graphics (Infinite Minigolf, Bound, Rigs and so on), but you need compromises.

Yep these machines simply aren't powerful enough at the moment. That's not to say I don't love what we are getting, but you're not going to get a fully fledged Gran Turismo running in VR on the consoles we have available, I'm not even sure something like the One X would have the grunt required either.

MattAces

Chromagun
Hey everybody,
thank you all so much for the tons of really kind mails you sent to us, following of this post last week: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6ongjh/chromagun_dev_wants_to_be_spammed_for_psvr/
After some talks with Sony, we've decided to give the PSVR port a go!
*We can't 100% guarantee it will make it to the store. As a small indie studio, we have to be economical, unfortunately – so if the port turns out to be too expensive, we might have to cancel it. However, I'd say we have a pretty good idea of how much work it's going to be, and right now it's looking good. :)
Now to the important part – as PSVR players, do you have any tips for us? Is there anything you'd like to see? What awesome things did other games do right, that you'd like to see in more games? Do you perhaps know any VR-developers that did a really good job, we should talk to? :)
Thanks again for your support, you all!
Take care, Ben
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6q2p5e/you_asked_for_it_chromagun_is_coming_to_psvr_any/

Regarding graphics. Do you think guys that VR will take a huge boost with foveated rendering?

If it is 10% of the screen in the full resolution I suppose that they could produce far better graphics. On par with flat screen or better(?). And even better frame rate.

Am I very optimistic?

Regarding graphics. Do you think guys that VR will take a huge boost with foveated rendering?

If it is 10% of the screen in the full resolution I suppose that they could produce far better graphics. On par with flat screen or better(?). And even better frame rate.

Am I very optimistic?

Fixed foveated rendering has already been used in some games. I seem to remember it being in Driveclub VR and Batman Arkham VR on base PS4, but was removed for the Pro versions.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't like fixed foveated. My eyeballs don't just stare forward while in the headset. It was really noticeable in Rigs on a regular PS4.

Skittles

No point in that rendering style unless yuou have very good eye tracking. Which i dont see happening until gen 3 headsets with huge resolutions

jsnepo

I am still having wobbly movements whenever I turn left or right. This started happening a few months ago. Lighting never changed. Already did everything I can do with the adjustments but still no improvement. Should I bring this to Sony or is there something else I am missing?

Totally disagree. Playing Dirt Rally in VR with a wheel and pedals has been a revelation, by far the best thing i have played in VR to date.

I was disappointed in Driveclub but rally works so much better with everything being so much closer to you with the winding tracks, drifting around the hairpin turns in a wooded forest is fantastic and being in VR really heightens how good the physics engine is.

panda-zebra

This is so true. We need better HMDs, but before that, we need more power.

I think we should have AT LEAST 4K resolution to really appreciate a modern game with good draw distance, and probably not even a 1080ti would be able to keep a high enough frame rate at the moment.

You can have good graphics (Infinite Minigolf, Bound, Rigs and so on), but you need compromises.

Nah to the 4k thing - driveclub doesn't suffer because of the 1080P screen, it's the res the game is rendered at that doesn't live up to the headset's capabilities. If the ps4 could generate a huge framebuffer and sub-sample it'd look georeous. An equivalent to a 1080ti bolted on to a ps4 would only go so far - it's the CPU that's appallingly archaic in this setup.

Experien

Is RE7 playable sitting down?

I played Farpoint perfectly sitting down. I am tall and playing SUPERHOT while standing worked but whenever I reached up it sometimes out-of-bounds-ed. My camera can't go up much higher and don't feel like buying a stand for it.

Is RE7 playable sitting down?

Absolutely, played it from start to finish sitting down, no problems whatsoever. It's only playable with Dual Shock 4 so the camera won't lose track of it anyway. I hear it's even more immersive when standing up, gonna have to try that for my next playthrough.

Top Bottom