• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Romulus

yeah ill probably start today but finish tomorrow morning.... i actually went straight to looking up videos about set up and calibration after i posted that

in fatc, i may just do research today and get it started tomorrow

thanks!

Nice. What games do you have?

Last edited:

Romulus

vr worlds, re7, skyrim, everybodys golf vr, astrobot and demo disc 3 which has like 9 different demos including astro bot rescue mission, thumper, battlezone, headmaster, moss, the persistence, superhot vr, kitchen and job simulator

only thing the bundle didnt come with is move controllers

Got it. I'm thinking Astrobot is a great starting game. I don't even like platformers and that game is magical, but more importantly easier on motion sickness and a good way to ease yourself into it.

Kev Kev

Got it. I'm thinking Astrobot is a great starting game. I don't even like platformers and that game is magical, but more importantly easier on motion sickness and a good way to ease yourself into it.
ok perfect, thanks again! ill let you know how it goes

Grinchy

Banned
vr worlds, re7, skyrim, everybodys golf vr, astrobot and demo disc 3 which has like 9 different demos including astro bot rescue mission, thumper, battlezone, headmaster, moss, the persistence, superhot vr, kitchen and job simulator

only thing the bundle didnt come with is move controllers
If you're planning on getting Move controllers later, maybe hold off on Skyrim until you get them. Archery with Moves is a whole different world from playing on controller. Superhot requires them as well (and is fucking awesome).

Most of those games will be just fine with controller. And don't be afraid to always check the game's settings and turn off some comfort stuff to see if it's ok for you. I personally can't stand the comfort settings and they make me feel less comfortable, but we're all different. Playing RE7 with normal controls is IMO way better than snap turning or teleporting everywhere.

RavageX

So i rethought about the Walking dead game. I want VR... especially PSVR to continue with success, and the game looks good. I think i will go ahead and get it, along with Pixel Ripped next week. I want them to go all in with VR on the PS5, and if sales help, then i will do what i can. 😅

D.Final

Banned
So i rethought about the Walking dead game. I want VR... especially PSVR to continue with success, and the game looks good. I think i will go ahead and get it, along with Pixel Ripped next week. I want them to go all in with VR on the PS5, and if sales help, then i will do what i can. 😅

Nice start

Hostile_18

Banned
I can't wait to jump back into PSVR but I'm waiting on the next headset. The difference in quality should be staggering. Between the headset itself and also what's powering it (the PS5).. well the experience should be magnitudes of order better 🔥🔥🔥.

Plus having one controller with no compromises. Talk about generational leaps from PSVR 1 with move controllers. 🤯

Last edited:

Kev Kev

so, i had my first VR experience ever with the PSVR last night.

oh. my. sweet. baby. bajesus. it was in-fucking-credible!

nothing could have prepared me for how mind blowing that was going to be. nothing.

so, i will try to put into words what my experience was like, although it's utterly impossible for someone to "explain" vr to you (i totally get why people say that now lol), i will just run through my thoughts and feelings as they happened last night... im pretty care free with spelling, grammar and punctuation if you havent noticed, sorry 🤷‍♂️ not easy on the eyes but its easier to type like this on desktop...

TL;DR at bottom...

so, i had set everything up and i planned to just take a quick spin after dinner with the fam last night. so I came home, did the last bit of setup, and finally got to the point where they want you to put the head set on and adjust it and all that. so, immediately, you see the screen floating in front of you. and i was like, ok thats pretty cool, nothing too crazy impressive, but hey there it is i'm in vr :messenger_beaming:.... uhhhh no no no sir, i was not in vr yet, lol, not even close.

so after i got everything adjusted on my head, which took time and patience, and i have a big head so the head set was tight, but i did everything exactly like the setup told me to and got to a semi-comfortable position. then i put some head phones on and started to really feel comfortable. i have a decent pair of audio tech's fully over the ear, not ear buds. the combination of the vr headset and the phones being snug over my head like that made me feel like i was wearing a vr helmet. not sure how to explain it, but it sort of primed me for the experience and i felt like i was "finally" ready to experience vr. i dunno how to explain it, maybe its cause i was high? lol i dunno, but it was like i was in the cockpit of the space ship and something really cool was about to happen.

so i press x, it says congrats you're ready to go, and this huge theatre size flat screen appears before me and i am blown the fuck away. it was huge, it looked great (little bit blurry but not nearly as bad as i heard some people complain), and i could fucking look around at it and... mind blown is all i can say. i let out a genuine, authentic "oh my god" for the first time since i don't even know, since i was a little kid? it was fucking magical.... and that was only the home screen :messenger_grinning_sweat:

so already, before i even touched an actual game, i was having one of the best video game experiences of my life, and i knew it... no fuck that, just one of the best entertainment experiences of my life. period. and it was only the home screen lmao.

so, i do some more messing around in the menus, calibrating vr setting, took the head set off and put it back on a couple more times. i really tried to remember all the advice those ITT gave me (thanks y'all) and what i saw on youtube videos and read on the internet. and i got the thing pretty dialed in, i think i could get it even better, but i got it to a point where i was comfortably sit near the end of my bed, pillows at my back, and i giant theatre sized screen in front of my face. now, i was ready to head into a game.

there was a vr worlds demo game or something that came with my bundle (or maybe it comes with all vr, i dunno, but i was eager to jump in so i clciked it), loaded it up (which was surprisingly fast, kudos to sony and friends), and started the game...

what came next... i legit am having trouble finding the words, but it was like that moment when you're a little kid and you experience something so new and so amazing that you're kind of just stunned, mouth agape, just like taken aback and you don't even know what to do with yourself. it was utterly overwhelming and i mean that in the best way possible.

whatever that opening screen is for vr worlds, the way it just opened up and transported me into a whole fucking virtual space (not just flat home screen!) was sheer insanity. i couldnt believe it. the level of "oh my god" i experienced just from seeing the flat home screen was nothing compared to this. there was a little robot flying all around me, i could look anywhere, i felt like i was really in that space, it was just, ugh, it was marvelous. simply incredible.

and i wasnt even at the games menu screen yet lol, this was just the first few seconds as things started to appear and unfold. i cant even remember how everything happened because i was so shocked. so i wont try to explain that initial feeling of being in a vr space bc you just have to experience it for yourself to really get it. just... overwhelming is the best word, but not overwhelming in a bad way, like overwhelming in the most positive way you can imagine. it was fuckin beautiful.

so i get to the menu screen, my mind is blowing fucking doors lol, im still just looking around at everything, literally saying out loud "oh my fucking god" over an over, my mouth was going back and forth from jaw on the floor to giant, open-mouth, retard smile every few seconds and i was honestly just still in shock, i couldn't shake that feeling and it was awesome!

at this point, i almost don't know what to do with myself. i'm like ricky bobby in talladega nights when he doenst know what to do with his hands lmao. but i move on and finally get to the screen where all of the world are floating in front of you, which looks insane of course. and i randomly pick one.

it was some kind of crane game machine that wasn't particularly fun, and kind of confusing, but im glad i picked it bc there wasnt any movement and it helped me get my feet wet. the first orb i picked up was a green dino, and it opened up and seemingly did nothing. and i thought to msyelf "hm, well that was underwhelming but whatever, moving on!". so i start picking up more orbs and out come these little guys and they are being placed around this little room i'm in, doing fun/cute little things and running amuck. it was so much fun just watching them do shit. then i hear something gong on behind me and i'm like "no fucking way!" so i turn around (!!!) and holy shit there is an army of little robots behind me, and then they start waving at me (!!!) and i literally screamed "holy fuckin shit thats so cool!"... and then i got a trophy! this vr experience just kept delivering every second. i legit was not expecting this level of amazingness and mind blowingness... and then i think to myself, "wait a minute..... if there's shit behind me... then what's above me!?". so i look up and towering above me, larger and more massive than i ever could have imagined was THE GREEN DINO FROM EARLIER!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

it was fucking... just.... ugh, i have no words, i have no fucking words. it was so good.

so i finish that and move onto what i believe was an astrobot demo? im not sure, like i said i was still in such shock at how amazing the experience was that it was almost a blur. but it was a platformer where you controlled a little robot dude and tried to save other little robot dudes. and it was definitely just a demo.

so, remember how i said earlier that seeing the flat home screen was mind blowing, then vr worlds opening took it to the next level.... welp, buckle your seat belts ladies and gentlemen, bc video games as you know them is about the change forever.

playing this fucking game... it just opened up sooooo many possibilities for what video games can be. and im not just talking about "playing" games. no no no it could be so much more than that. i just dont get how people can say that vr doesnt have a future (i can understand that its not for everyone, and therefore isnt necessarily the future, but it absolutely is an evolution that is here to stay). i also remember looking down into a chasm for the first time and feeling that "oh shit im gonna fall" feeling, which was fun. i did get a teeny, tiny, almost unnoticeable bit of motion sickness, but it was passing and i didnt really feel it too much more after that. which was a huge relief for me. i had a blast with this game and im really looking forward to playing more of it (i believe my bundle came with the full game).

i checked out all of the other worlds and had a blast with those too. i shot a massive gun at these block monsters, drove around in a hover car and blew up shit, zipped across a giant big slide in some kind of colorful and super trippy rhythm game, i dont even know, i was just having the time of my life. i legit remember thinking and feeling that i havent had that much fun with video games since i was a little kid. it was really like that though, i was like a kid in in toys r us who was at the store for the first time ever. thats the best way i can describe how i felt.

i moved on to a demo disc that had a ton of other fun shit on it. one of them was "kitchen" which i guess is like a re7 demo, and noped right tf outta that lol. ill be playing re7 soon enough, but i wasnt ready for that at midnight in my apartment by myself last night.

i then came on to a demo called "moss" (i think) and oh my god it was so charming and fun. and then i started thinking about what adventure games and rpg could be like and my brain was just exploding with ideas and possibilities they can do with vr. i was solving puzzles not just by moving my mouse guy around the world, but by being in the world with him, doing shit along side him. many times i actaully had to sit up, stick my head further into the play space, and peak around some corners or tree and find secret hidden shit. it was fucking awesome.

fucking. awesome.

ugh, sorry for the text book guys... i was so excited i wanted to crank this out last night but i decided to get some sleep lol.

after that i checked out a few other things, watched some netflix in vr and then called it a night. in all i probably spent two hours (with a couple breaks, bc the head set was so tight it gave me a bit of a head ache).

i keep bringing up feeling like a little kid again, bc i dont know how else to describe the level of shock and awe i was feeling. not sure how else i can describe all of this... maybe with more playtime ill find something to complain about lol. for now, im just enjoying the shit out of this.

TL;DR - it was the one of the best, if not THE best video game experience of my life. i havent felt that level of excitement since i was a child. it was refreshing to feel like that again. im all in on VR and cant wait to see what the years to come have in store.

thanks to Shmunter Shmunter , INC INC , Impotaku Impotaku , Bankai Bankai , Romulus Romulus (<especially helpful, thanks dood!), PaddyOCanager PaddyOCanager and Grinchy Grinchy for all the help, guidance and tips

loading up skyrim today! gonna take it real slow as others have suggested and see how it goes. might even dive into re7 if im still feeling comfortable with everything.

i'm still open for tips, suggestions and what not. a couple things im trying to address is the tightness of the head set, and sometimes i feels like i have to look down when i have the vr headset on (maybe i need to adjust the camera angle?), and other minor playspace issues like the screen seemed tilted to the left or right, or my controller orientation got off while playing game that reuired you to use the controller as a tool. but these things were only minor issues, i didnt have any real major problems. but still, any help there would still be much appreciated.

thanks again!

INC

for the best shooter experience, get firewall and the aim controller, really shows you how bland 2d shooters can be lol
(farpoint is also decent with the aim controller)

Highly recommend wipeout VR

blood and truth is a fun on rails shooter, but is too dialogue heavy sometimes, but the mini games and time attacks are great fun too

if you think psvr is amazing, wait til you try PC VR

upgraded to a rift s, and even tho its the budget VR headset, the difference is night and day

but ill be honest, the PSVR is a great stepping stone into VR

heres some tips videos for you, to helpy ou get th emost out of the PSVR

Resenge

nothing could have prepared me for how mind blowing that was going to be. nothing.

so, i will try to put into words what my experience was like, although it's utterly impossible for someone to "explain" vr to you (i totally get why people say that now lol), i will just run through my thoughts and feelings as they happened last night... im pretty care free with spelling, grammar and punctuation if you havent noticed, sorry 🤷‍♂️ not easy on the eyes but its easier to type like this on desktop...

TL;DR at bottom...

so, i had set everything up and i planned to just take a quick spin after dinner with the fam last night. so I came home, did the last bit of setup, and finally got to the point where they want you to put the head set on and adjust it and all that. so, immediately, you see the screen floating in front of you. and i was like, ok thats pretty cool, nothing too crazy impressive, but hey there it is i'm in vr :messenger_beaming:.... uhhhh no no no sir, i was not in vr yet, lol, not even close.

so after i got everything adjusted on my head, which took time and patience, and i have a big head so the head set was tight, but i did everything exactly like the setup told me to and got to a semi-comfortable position. then i put some head phones on and started to really feel comfortable. i have a decent pair of audio tech's fully over the ear, not ear buds. the combination of the vr headset and the phones being snug over my head like that made me feel like i was wearing a vr helmet. not sure how to explain it, but it sort of primed me for the experience and i felt like i was "finally" ready to experience vr. i dunno how to explain it, maybe its cause i was high? lol i dunno, but it was like i was in the cockpit of the space ship and something really cool was about to happen.

so i press x, it says congrats you're ready to go, and this huge theatre size flat screen appears before me and i am blown the fuck away. it was huge, it looked great (little bit blurry but not nearly as bad as i heard some people complain), and i could fucking look around at it and... mind blown is all i can say. i let out a genuine, authentic "oh my god" for the first time since i don't even know, since i was a little kid? it was fucking magical.... and that was only the home screen :messenger_grinning_sweat:

so already, before i even touched an actual game, i was having one of the best video game experiences of my life, and i knew it... no fuck that, just one of the best entertainment experiences of my life. period. and it was only the home screen lmao.

so, i do some more messing around in the menus, calibrating vr setting, took the head set off and put it back on a couple more times. i really tried to remember all the advice those ITT gave me (thanks y'all) and what i saw on youtube videos and read on the internet. and i got the thing pretty dialed in, i think i could get it even better, but i got it to a point where i was comfortably sit near the end of my bed, pillows at my back, and i giant theatre sized screen in front of my face. now, i was ready to head into a game.

there was a vr worlds demo game or something that came with my bundle (or maybe it comes with all vr, i dunno, but i was eager to jump in so i clciked it), loaded it up (which was surprisingly fast, kudos to sony and friends), and started the game...

what came next... i legit am having trouble finding the words, but it was like that moment when you're a little kid and you experience something so new and so amazing that you're kind of just stunned, mouth agape, just like taken aback and you don't even know what to do with yourself. it was utterly overwhelming and i mean that in the best way possible.

whatever that opening screen is for vr worlds, the way it just opened up and transported me into a whole fucking virtual space (not just flat home screen!) was sheer insanity. i couldnt believe it. the level of "oh my god" i experienced just from seeing the flat home screen was nothing compared to this. there was a little robot flying all around me, i could look anywhere, i felt like i was really in that space, it was just, ugh, it was marvelous. simply incredible.

and i wasnt even at the games menu screen yet lol, this was just the first few seconds as things started to appear and unfold. i cant even remember how everything happened because i was so shocked. so i wont try to explain that initial feeling of being in a vr space bc you just have to experience it for yourself to really get it. just... overwhelming is the best word, but not overwhelming in a bad way, like overwhelming in the most positive way you can imagine. it was fuckin beautiful.

so i get to the menu screen, my mind is blowing fucking doors lol, im still just looking around at everything, literally saying out loud "oh my fucking god" over an over, my mouth was going back and forth from jaw on the floor to giant, open-mouth, retard smile every few seconds and i was honestly just still in shock, i couldn't shake that feeling and it was awesome!

at this point, i almost don't know what to do with myself. i'm like ricky bobby in talladega nights when he doenst know what to do with his hands lmao. but i move on and finally get to the screen where all of the world are floating in front of you, which looks insane of course. and i randomly pick one.

it was some kind of crane game machine that wasn't particularly fun, and kind of confusing, but im glad i picked it bc there wasnt any movement and it helped me get my feet wet. the first orb i picked up was a green dino, and it opened up and seemingly did nothing. and i thought to msyelf "hm, well that was underwhelming but whatever, moving on!". so i start picking up more orbs and out come these little guys and they are being placed around this little room i'm in, doing fun/cute little things and running amuck. it was so much fun just watching them do shit. then i hear something gong on behind me and i'm like "no fucking way!" so i turn around (!!!) and holy shit there is an army of little robots behind me, and then they start waving at me (!!!) and i literally screamed "holy fuckin shit thats so cool!"... and then i got a trophy! this vr experience just kept delivering every second. i legit was not expecting this level of amazingness and mind blowingness... and then i think to myself, "wait a minute..... if there's shit behind me... then what's above me!?". so i look up and towering above me, larger and more massive than i ever could have imagined was THE GREEN DINO FROM EARLIER!!!

it was fucking... just.... ugh, i have no words, i have no fucking words. it was so good.

so i finish that and move onto what i believe was an astrobot demo? im not sure, like i said i was still in such shock at how amazing the experience was that it was almost a blur. but it was a platformer where you controlled a little robot dude and tried to save other little robot dudes. and it was definitely just a demo.

so, remember how i said earlier that seeing the flat home screen was mind blowing, then vr worlds opening took it to the next level.... welp, buckle your seat belts ladies and gentlemen, bc video games as you know them is about the change forever.

playing this fucking game... it just opened up sooooo many possibilities for what video games can be. and im not just talking about "playing" games. no no no it could be so much more than that. i just dont get how people can say that vr doesnt have a future (i can understand that its not for everyone, and therefore isnt necessarily the future, but it absolutely is an evolution that is here to stay). i also remember looking down into a chasm for the first time and feeling that "oh shit im gonna fall" feeling, which was fun. i did get a teeny, tiny, almost unnoticeable bit of motion sickness, but it was passing and i didnt really feel it too much more after that. which was a huge relief for me. i had a blast with this game and im really looking forward to playing more of it (i believe my bundle came with the full game).

i checked out all of the other worlds and had a blast with those too. i shot a massive gun at these block monsters, drove around in a hover car and blew up shit, zipped across a giant big slide in some kind of colorful and super trippy rhythm game, i dont even know, i was just having the time of my life. i legit remember thinking and feeling that i havent had that much fun with video games since i was a little kid. it was really like that though, i was like a kid in in toys r us who was at the store for the first time ever. thats the best way i can describe how i felt.

i moved on to a demo disc that had a ton of other fun shit on it. one of them was "kitchen" which i guess is like a re7 demo, and noped right tf outta that lol. ill be playing re7 soon enough, but i wasnt ready for that at midnight in my apartment by myself last night.

i then came on to a demo called "moss" (i think) and oh my god it was so charming and fun. and then i started thinking about what adventure games and rpg could be like and my brain was just exploding with ideas and possibilities they can do with vr. i was solving puzzles not just by moving my mouse guy around the world, but by being in the world with him, doing shit along side him. many times i actaully had to sit up, stick my head further into the play space, and peak around some corners or tree and find secret hidden shit. it was fucking awesome.

fucking. awesome.

ugh, sorry for the text book guys... i was so excited i wanted to crank this out last night but i decided to get some sleep lol.

after that i checked out a few other things, watched some netflix in vr and then called it a night. in all i probably spent two hours (with a couple breaks, bc the head set was so tight it gave me a bit of a head ache).

i keep bringing up feeling like a little kid again, bc i dont know how else to describe the level of shock and awe i was feeling. not sure how else i can describe all of this... maybe with more playtime ill find something to complain about lol. for now, im just enjoying the shit out of this.

TL;DR - it was the one of the best, if not THE best video game experience of my life. i havent felt that level of excitement since i was a child. it was refreshing to feel like that again. im all in on VR and cant wait to see what the years to come have in store.

thanks to Shmunter Shmunter , INC INC , Impotaku Impotaku , Bankai Bankai , Romulus Romulus (<especially helpful, thanks dood!), PaddyOCanager PaddyOCanager and Grinchy Grinchy for all the help, guidance and tips

loading up skyrim today! gonna take it real slow as others have suggested and see how it goes. might even dive into re7 if im still feeling comfortable with everything.

i'm still open for tips, suggestions and what not. a couple things im trying to address is the tightness of the head set, and sometimes i feels like i have to look down when i have the vr headset on (maybe i need to adjust the camera angle?), and other minor playspace issues like the screen seemed tilted to the left or right, or my controller orientation got off while playing game that reuired you to use the controller as a tool. but these things were only minor issues, i didnt have any real major problems. but still, any help there would still be much appreciated.

thanks again!
I love showing VR to new players because of this reaction.

Kev Kev

I love showing VR to new players because of this reaction.
i know right! i understand the feeling of seeing someone else enjoy something for the first time, that's why i went all out writing that "essay" lol, i knew some people would appreciate it.

Last edited:

INC

i know right! i understand the feeling of seeing someone else enjoy something for the first time, that's why i went all out writing that "essay" lol, i knew some people would appreciate it.

youre re-discovering game genres, and simple games are more fun in VR, its like being a kids again and gaming tbh, its what as a kid we wanted in the 80's lol, but now its almost a reality.

this is still the beta stage of VR as well, in another 5-10 years i cant imagine where we'll be

make sure youy check out rec-room, its free and has loads of custom games built in, a great coop game, and MP game, with things like paintball, lazer tag and battle royale.

beat sabre is also a great game to give to non gamers and new VR players, pricey tho unfortunately

Kev Kev

youre re-discovering game genres, and simple games are more fun in VR, its like being a kids again and gaming tbh, its what as a kid we wanted in the 80's lol, but now its almost a reality.

exactly! i totally was not expecting that. i was born in 87 so im more of a 90's kid but i know exactly what you mean. and yes it is like rediscovering games. before "moss" would have been a fun puzzler/platformer but now it's this entiryely new, incredible thing that i didn't even consider possible until i saw it with my own eyes.

this is still the beta stage of VR as well, in another 5-10 years i cant imagine where we'll be

dude..... duuuuuuuude..... i just can't even with that shit. its going to be crazy. i need to make sure and stay healthy and alive so i can be there for it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

make sure youy check out rec-room, its free and has loads of custom games built in, a great coop game, and MP game, with things like paintball, lazer tag and battle royale.

beat sabre is also a great game to give to non gamers and new VR players, pricey tho unfortunately

ok will do. thanks!

Romulus

TL;DR at bottom...

fucking. awesome.

thanks again!

That's pretty much the standard reaction lol

I did the same, and around 300 people I've demoed it to. Now you see why it's so hard to understand people that say they tried VR and it was "meh." I actually listened to that opinion and it kept me away from VR for awhile until I finally did. It really makes you wonder if people are being honest on forums. On the whole, probably not.

Last edited:

INC

Imagine when people have their first VR experience with psvr2.
I am jealous already.

or Alyx, thats pretty mind blowing, even to an experienced VR player.
cant wait to see what sony are doing if PSVR 2, i hear sony and oculus are teaming up, that is a great outcome if true, oculus is by far the best bang for buck in pc VR atm. nice controllers too, i hope sony copy some features, the lack of thumb sticks, really lets it down.

Wonko_C

TL;DR at bottom...

fucking. awesome.

thanks again!
Hearing new players' impressions never gets old, it's like an addiction in itself.

40w11a.jpg

I haven't played in two weeks due to a stupid cold. (I hope it's not covid19) I wanna play dammit. :p

Grinchy

Banned
:messenger_tears_of_joy: yeah first time VR experiences are the best

There's a really good library on the PSVR and I really can't wait to see what PSVR2 brings. Hell, I'm even excited just by the idea of PS5 playing regular PSVR1 games. Can we hit 120fps native with supersampling? It'd be a pretty massive upgrade already while waiting for the new headset.

Kev Kev

for the best shooter experience, get firewall and the aim controller, really shows you how bland 2d shooters can be lol

blood and truth is a fun on rails shooter, but is too dialogue heavy sometimes, but the mini games and time attacks are great fun too

upgraded to a rift s, and even tho its the budget VR headset, the difference is night and day

thanks! yeah i want to get into pc gaming, especially for vr, but this is the best i got until then. if it wasnt for ffvii remake, i probably would have bought a pc and oculus just for half life alyx. but since i bought ps4 pro for ffviir, and psvr was only $500 more, i went with that for now

im going to check out those videos too, appreciate it!

Kev Kev

anyone got suggestions on finding inexpensive move controllers?

the ps4 move controller 2 pack on amazon is like $250. i think the cheapest i saw was 1 for about $100 used, and it was only one, lol. i heard ps3 move controllers work too? fuck man, thats alatta dough.... am i missing something here?

i hear "they are worth it", and thats great and all, but if thats the case im going to need time to save some money. and a lot of the games i have i can play with a controller soooo...... maybe ill pass?

Last edited:

Shmunter

the ps4 move controller 2 pack on amazon is like $250. i think the cheapest i saw was 1 for about $100 used, and it was only one, lol. i heard ps3 move controllers work too? fuck man, thats alatta dough.... am i missing something here?

i hear "they are worth it", and thats great and all, but if thats the case im going to need time to save some money. and a lot of the games i have i can play with a controller soooo...... maybe ill pass?
They are essential and open up a whole new chapter in vr. Those prices are insane tho, Bat soup tax no doubt.

Resenge

I can't help you with buying move controllers unfortunately. My best advice is just keep looking for used on ebay or craigslist if you want to go cheaper. They are definatly worth having though, a good portion of the VR experience and some of the best games use them.

Last edited:

INC

Unfortunately move controllers are rare, and have a back list of people ordering

Best vet os sign up to local facebook pages for buy/sell and hope some mug puts them up

I was luck and found 2 for £90 last year.

Try second hand shops and stuff

And yes move controllers make a big difference in VR, even with the iffy tracking. I cant imagine using my psvr or rift s with a pad, just wouldnt be right at all

INC

Walking dead is the closes you're gonna get to AAA SP game on psvr this I think.

It's an ok game, will work well with psvr I reckon, played on rift, it's ok, bit slow for my tastes tho, it's called the walking dead, and yeh, theres a lot of walking lol

D.Final

Banned

Cool video

Romulus

Walking dead is the closes you're gonna get to AAA SP game on psvr this I think.

It's an ok game, will work well with psvr I reckon, played on rift, it's ok, bit slow for my tastes tho, it's called the walking dead, and yeh, theres a lot of walking lol

Another opinion. I've played all the top tier PCVR games and the Walking Dead is a top 3 VR game. One of my favorite all time games actually. Not sure how the psvr holds up but I keep hearing really great things.

INC

Another opinion. I've played all the top tier PCVR games and the Walking Dead is a top 3 VR game. One of my favorite all time games actually. Not sure how the psvr holds up but I keep hearing really great things.

It has the same issue as alyx, walking and movement (I dont wanna teleport), is to slow, limited sprinting is annoying, and the weight physics on stuff like shotguns, is just too much imo

Melee combat is fun.

Didnt help I found a glitch and got then to end place (you know what I mean if you've played it) in 2 hours of gameplay lol

Not a bad game, just aspects of it, just arent for me, axing people in the head never gets old either, or a shiv up through the mouth lol

Kev Kev

A friend got a pair of used PS3 moves for like $3 each at a pawn shop.
Two of the greatest titles are PS Move only: Beat Saber and Super Hot.

so PS3 move controllers do work? thought they had to be ps4

is there any difference in quality compared to ps4 move controllers?

the ps3 ones are usually cheaper so thatd be great

also i should mention, dont get blood and truth, until you have 2 move controllers @ Kev Kev Kev Kev

ok 👍

yeah i keep hearing a lot about it and its def gonna be my next vr game. i got a lot to chew on until then though. had a blast with london heist in vr worlds last, and just using the pad to pick things up and shoot a gun made me totally see why move controllers would be so much better.

Resenge

The PS4 moves are the exact same tech as the PS3 moves except slight differences like a Micro USB port instead of Mini USB. I don't even think the PS4 moves came out at launch of PSVR and people had to buy PS3 moves. My PSVR is still using PS3 moves I bought when PSVR was announced to have Move support before launch.

Just ignore the move controller with the joystick on because that isnt supported. Only the move controller with the coloured light ball is supported.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned

Oh definitely buy some PS3 ones if you can. There is literally zero difference. The newer Moves that have micro usb didn't even come out until relatively recently. Sony was selling PSVR bundles with the "old PS3" Move controllers (mini USB) for years.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

anyone got tips/suggestions on how to deal with tight headset?

i hear it loosens up the more you use it... but man right now its legit giving me a head ache. ive watched some videos of people making physical modifications to their sets but id prefer to not do that.

does it really loosen up enough in time? how long? i got a big head 🤯

Last edited:

Resenge

i hear it loosens up the more you use it... but man right now its legit giving me a head ache. ive watched some videos of people making physical modifications to their sets but id prefer to not do that.

I don't mean to sound patronising but have you held the button on the back and pulled the headset apart to loosen? I don't have a problem with my head in fact I have to tighten a little to make it snug.

Looking at your profile pic (if that is you?) I am surprised you have a problem with that tbh, although I dont have any hair so maybe thats to my advantage.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Edit
Maybe you could adjust the back, try pulling the back of the headset lower down the back of your head near the Occipital bone so it sits just below that bump? Some people just dump the headset on thier head without trying different positions.

Last edited:

Romulus

Yeah your head looks normal in the pic, but pics can obviously be deceiving

Grinchy

Banned
I don't mean to sound patronising but have you held the button on the back and pulled the headset apart to loosen? I don't have a problem with my head in fact I have to tighten a little to make it snug.
lol I was going to ask that exact question

I personally have a giant head too, but the PSVR headset stretches enough to accommodate it. I'm no Chuck Conners, but it's a big head.

Kev Kev

Looking at your profile pic (if that is you?) I am surprised you have a problem with that tbh, although I dont have any hair so maybe thats to my advantage.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Edit
Maybe you could adjust the back, try pulling the back of the headset lower down the back of your head near the Occipital bone so it sits just below that bump? Some people just dump the headset on thier head without trying different positions.

yeah, done all that. what i need is for that button to loosen it up even more, thats how fat my damn head is lol

i played around with it a lot too. moved that back part to different areas and all that, adjusted everything to its most comfortable position, even tried other experimental positioning jsut to see if it wouldnt feel so tight, but after 45 minutes i start to feel it. which actaully forces me to take a 15 minute break so it's not all that bad i suppose 🤷‍♂️

looked up some video of people removing the bands and replacing them with other parts, and others who added something to keep the sides from pushing down on the temples but i dont want to mod the set.

oh well, jsut curious if anyone had anyone else had problems and found something that helped. a lot are saying it'll loosen up after a while so hopefully that happens for me.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow I finally found someone with a bigger head than me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I once needed a helmet so I could ride ATVs with my brother in law and needed such a big size that he has forever since called me Charlie Brown.

i got one used with ps move for around 200 us.

Shit is crazy! i played before (PC and PS) it wasnt that good.

Astrobot is soooo good and BeatSaber is so much fun.

Issues i have, VR videos from youtube look like they are 240p.

i download some mp4 videos but playstation cant read them

Kev Kev

download Littlstar (that is the correct spelling, there is no 'e') i believe you can get a month trial for free, but it'll read all the mp4 you want.

in other words, yes your vr porn will work with it. happy jackin 👍

Grinchy

Banned

Yeah, the youtube "VR" videos are not good. None of the 360 degree video stuff is any good IMO.

The real VR videos are the high quality side-by-side stuff used in porn like Kev Kev Kev Kev is suggesting. If you can get a good source of those videos, it looks surprisingly good. I just wish it wasn't such a pain in the ass and that LittlStar didn't start charging. I don't use that functionality anymore at all.

Get Saints & Sinners!

Top Bottom