• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

cucuchu

I've been so busy with other non-VR titles this year that I have not touched my PSVR since my full RE7 playthrough with it (which was worth the price of the VR headset alone). I just browsed the releases since then and there is actually quite a bit that looks good that I have missed.

SkyrimVR will be the end of me though... THAT is the kind of VR I have been wanting in my life! I hope we get some VR RPGs built from the ground up for VR in the future too.

MattAces

I'll do it

We are going to need a FAQ copy and paste soon. Prepare for the "there's no games, what games should I buy".

I've been so busy with other non-VR titles this year that I have not touched my PSVR since my full RE7 playthrough with it (which was worth the price of the VR headset alone). I just browsed the releases since then and there is actually quite a bit that looks good that I have missed.

SkyrimVR will be the end of me though... THAT is the kind of VR I have been wanting in my life! I hope we get some VR RPGs built from the ground up for VR in the future too.

I will just advise you to go through everything that has been released up to this point, Farpoint, Statik and more. As for the near future, Arizona Sunshine, Super Hot, Theseus, Giant Cop, Raw Data and I can go on forever.

MattAces

Funny to see how the VR community is part of the marketing team for Sony. Except we don't get salary, in return, we will get more support and games, so that we can pay them even more.

article is pretty sparse, I went on NewEgg and couldn't find it at that price, or is it for later or something?
Listing is on ebay.

majik13

It says on eBay.

Listing is on ebay.

Well they need to make that clearer...Or at least have a link to whatever sale they are talking about.

"Over on eBay, NEWEGG is selling the $400 PSVR for only $300. Discounts on the headset have not been commonplace, and this might well be the cheapest that a new version of the headset has been sold for since its launch last October.

Shipping on this deal is free, and NEWEGG is a reputable seller, but the offer is only available to those in the United States."

edit:
Also not seeing a new listings for PSVR on ebay at that price either.

Edit2: was just reading the article wrong, read it as on over at ebay , (and) newegg. Doesnt come up while manually searching ebay. I guess it is linked in the article, thought the "EBAY" link just went to the site, like most articles just automatically make generic links.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS4-PlayStation-VR-Standalone-/302296776223?rmvSB=true

Funny to see how the VR community is part of the marketing team for Sony. Except we don't get salary, in return, we will get more support and games, so that we can pay them even more.

Listing is on ebay.

Nah, we just don't want to be alone when the inevitable and monumental VR crash happens, because after all, it's just a fad ;(

;)

MattAces

Nah, we just don't want to be alone when the inevitable and monumental VR crash happens, because after all, it's just a fad ;(

;)

Die together. You, down here in the hole with us.

Edit : I will say though, I'm surprised by the amount of people on the fence to buy it, with Sony E3 2017 push and some promos, more and more people are jumping in.

Die together. You, down here in the hole with us.

Edit : I will say though, I'm surprised by the amount of people on the fence to buy it, with Sony E3 2017 push and some promos, more and more people are jumping in.

I'm prepared to die for this thread. These PSVR OT's have been my life on NeoGaf.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So as there is no update yet for Fantastic contraption and the dev said that it went up too early in other regions, we might not get it this week. right?

Glix

I might be LTTP to the party on this but PSVR finally seems fully stocked in NY.

I was looking all around for a PS Aim bundle the last few days and while they don't exist, I think every single store I went to had at least one VR headset, and one VR bundle.

TheMan

Lots of VR games on sale including mortal blitz and tethered, which was a PSVR darling for a while; move support was also added.

As for Brookhaven, the developer's Twitter mentions that the aim update hasn't even been approved yet, looks like the odds are against it coming out today.

MattAces

Quick question: What's the player base on Rigs like at the moment? Still decently active?

Unfortunately no. Multiplayer will be filled with bots if there's no players. However the single player/league is pretty meaty with rigs to buy, things to unlock and events. Most importantly, they are extremely challenging, not some cheap training mode. If you can get it on sale, it's a very decent game.

Not even Starblood Arena can escape the wrath of dead MP VR game. EVE Valkyrie is the only one active because of the cross platform between Vive, Rift and PSVR.

Quonny

So, tried Tethered...and it's acting like I don't have PSVR?

It's just showing up like a normal game and not letting me enable VR on the main screen.

Planet

Tethered was patched to support regular TV play, but I found that extremely lackluster. It combined the old clunky control method before the Move patch (those are not supported on TV!) with having a tiny window to the world's instead of being inside it. I consider Tethered a VR only title still effectively.

Jimmy_liv

This!
I'm a touch worried about the mele combat as it was always sluggish so maybe have to go with mage.
I'm a bit gutted that Sony still do t support the navigation controller in VR too but apparently the devs are going to somehow support locomotive movement with just the move controllers.
Fingers crossrd

MattAces

Ul7Bu7Wl.png

Damn

Whatever it takes to cut down on posts like PSVR is a gimmick like Kinect that has no real games beyond 5 minutes tech demos. ; )

So I picked up that $300 standalone since I already have the camera and Move controllers. I was going to use that for a Switch, but I don't think I'll be able to find one of those for a long while. I already have a Vive but there are enough lifetime exclusives out that I want to justify it for me personally.

Unfortunately no. Multiplayer will be filled with bots if there's no players. However the single player/league is pretty meaty with rigs to buy, things to unlock and events. Most importantly, they are extremely challenging, not some cheap training mode. If you can get it on sale, it's a very decent game.

Not even Starblood Arena can escape the wrath of dead MP VR game. EVE Valkyrie is the only one active because of the cross platform between Vive, Rift and PSVR.
Reportedly dead as a doornail, although I haven't played it myself for months.

That's too bad. If there's enough single player content to make it worth it, I'll still pick it up though.

MattAces

So I picked up that $300 standalone since I already have the camera and Move controllers. I was going to use that for a Switch, but I don't think I'll be able to find one of those for a long while. I already have a Vive but there are enough lifetime exclusives out that I want to justify it for me personally.

That's too bad. If there's enough single player content to make it worth it, I'll still pick it up though.

If you can manage to secure an Aim controller bundle, you can also experience some Vive game differently on PSVR, like Arizona Sunshine, Brookhaven, Rom Extraction and a lot other stuff. There has been a lot of articles on how different Arizona Sunshine feels on PSVR with Aim controller. Since PSVR tracking is not on par with Vive, you might want to temper your expectation but at least Aim controller is the shining beacon of PSVR right now.
https://uploadvr.com/arizona-sunshine-gleams-psvrs-aim-controller/

Also Sony Santa Monica, Manchester Studio alongside with some other first party/second party are working on bigger VR projects, hopefully will be revealed soon.

Wow, just connected everything and played a bit of the VR World Stuff. Really liked the london heist highway shooting.

But now I have another question, now I've turned off my headset, but how do I get a picture on my tv set. It seem unlogical to unplug everything.

Thanks for your help.

MattAces

Wow, just connected everything and played a bit of the VR World Stuff. Really liked the london heist highway shooting.

But now I have another question, now I've turned off my headset, but how do I get a picture on my tv set. It seem unlogical to unplug everything.

Thanks for your help.

The Processor Unit (baby PS4) will be the main hub, you can unplug your headset (the 2 cable) when you are not using it, your PU will be redirecting the HDMI signal and handles everything.

Thanks for your help.
Theoretically once you turn off the headset, and you're not in a VR game, you should have the full image back on your TV.

The Processor Unit (baby PS4) will be the main hub, you can unplug your headset (the 2 cable) when you are not using it, your PU will be redirecting the HDMI signal and handles everything.

Theoretically once you turn off the headset, and you're not in a VR game, you should have the full image back on your TV.

Thanks for your super fast answers.

I have turned off my VR Headset and the Game. I also unplugged the HS, but I still don't get a picture on my TV.

Ah, I'm an idiot. Plugged the PU into the wrong hdmi port on my receiver.

Now everything works just fine.

Thanks again.

majik13

Nice! :)

1-2 players
Network Players 2-6
3MB minimum save size
Navigation Controller Compatible
Online Play (Optional)
PlayStation®VR Compatible
PlayStation®Camera Compatible
Enhanced play with 2 PS Move controllers

Hmmm. Is this the first PS4 game with Nav controller support?

Is this the first game to support the Nav on PS4?
Always wondered if it could actually connect to the ps4 or not and be recognized. Wonder if we will now see more support. Probabsly wont change much since I doubt many people own one.

MattAces

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6igdrw/new_content_likely_coming_soon_for_i_expect_you/
Just received an email from Schell Games (makers of IEYTD). The subject was "Your Next Mission Awaits- Code name Revealed!"...
"Greetings Agents! The time has come for your next assignment. Your next mission is operation First Class. Due to the sensitivity of the material and your clearance level, we are unable to tell more at this time. However, keep your minds sharp! You'll need them.
Can you guess what it is? Facebook and Tweet us your guesses! (Will we tell you if you're close? Who knows!)"

Shoeless

Is this the first game to support the Nav on PS4?
Always wondered if it could actually connect to the ps4 or not and be recognized. Wonder if we will now see more support. Probabsly wont change much since I doubt many people own one.

I wonder if that's just a typo. It's for a chess game, after all, why would you even need a navigation controller? Wouldn't the regular motion controller do the job?

bumpkin

Its janky but very fun. Especially if you have a big play area and can fully duck behind cover and blind fire and stuff.
Right on. I decided to bite, hopefully will be able to give it a try tonight. I would love for Namco to do an HD remaster of Time Crisis 1 in VR, but I'm not holding my breath. lol.

Top Bottom