• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Well don't let your lack of useless pop-culture knowledge keep you from playing it. Great puzzie game! A similarly oddly titled game is "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes". Really fun party game, and on PSVR too.

i know its just the name, im not judging the whole game :p i will check it out at some point.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Picking first game to experience/showcase is the HARDEST thing ever.

Harmonix VR Easel mode, still my go to choice for an amazing first experience that immediately shows why this is a new medium.

MattAces

Harmonix VR Easel mode, still my go to choice for an amazing first experience that immediately shows why this is a new medium.

Hopefully CoolPaintr VR is here to replace that. Please be good. They can take their time to make it as long as it's a high quality full feature app.
tumblr_osy0ayMdYm1qav3uso3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_osy0ayMdYm1qav3uso2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_osy0ayMdYm1qav3uso4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_osy0ayMdYm1qav3uso1_540.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
RIP PSVR user wallet.

Smashbox Arena PSVR confirmed July 25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19kvU8SbGFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfMkiWNHfDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNNWFDZ7TSg

Online pvp arena shooter.

They have tournaments and stuff on the PC version, seems like the PC version is pretty famous. Users with hundreds of hours on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/530350/Smashbox_Arena/

Also has an offline story mode (however extensive that might be).

ISee

What is the best free demo (PSVR demo disc or PSN) to demonstrate VR to someone for the first time?
Nothing crazy fast, maybe something with move controllers.

MattAces

What is the best free demo (PSVR demo disc or PSN) to demonstrate VR to someone for the first time?

London Heist and Job Simulator (although this is a mixed bag, some got it working properly while some are saying it's broken, it works perfect for me though)
I have a pretty lengthy post above. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243416842&postcount=4501

I actually wrote more and then I got disconnected, nothing was saved when I click post :(

Just preordered Superhot VR after watching some gameplay videos. This looks like a must play in VR. Hopefully they nailed it, because it's got serious potential.

Ocean decent then Rush of Blood. If you have PSVR Worlds switch out ocean decent with shark attack as the pacing is great for a first time user, then always show something with interaction afterwards. Some people can be a bit meh about ocean decent but never had that reaction to shark attack. Oh yeah on either the ocean decent demo or PSVR worlds let them go into the menu and tell them to just mess about with the different orbs. For some reason a lot of people get really into hitting the orb in the menu for danger ball.

Kyolux

Damn, need more time and more money for all those games.

Superhit is a buy for sure. Smashbox looks fun too, but it's coming out right after Splatoon 2.

MattAces

Totally disagree. It's a solid demo and I've had friends come round and play it on a DS4 and not want to get off it.

Of course it varies between user. But visually it is no where near the top in PSVR. Motion sickness is also a major problem for most newer users. There's a bunch of better demo that can be showcased. I'm not saying it's a bad game or something.

Ocean decent then Rush of Blood. If you have PSVR Worlds switch out ocean decent with shark attack as the pacing is great for a first time user, then always show something with interaction afterwards. Some people can be a bit meh about ocean decent but never had that reaction to shark attack. Oh yeah on either the ocean decent demo or PSVR worlds let them go into the menu and tell them to just mess about with the different orbs. For some reason a lot of people get really into hitting the orb in the menu for danger ball.

yeah the VR Worlds menu is one of my GOTYs lol. i was spellbound by it for a good 20-30mins.

i'm thinking i might be ready for RE7, if not today then tomorrow. what kind of control settings should i have? i get a bit dizzy playing Battlefront VR and others with lots of movement.. still getting used to the medium. i have maybe 15—20 hours of vr playtime under my belt.

MattAces

yeah the VR Worlds menu is one of my GOTYs lol. i was spellbound by it for a good 20-30mins.

i'm thinking i might be ready for RE7, if not today then tomorrow. what kind of control settings should i have? i get a bit dizzy playing Battlefront VR and others with lots of movement.. still getting used to the medium. i have maybe 15—20 hours of vr playtime under my belt.

You might love SPARC then.

Totally disagree. It's a solid demo and I've had friends come round and play it on a DS4 and not want to get off it.

The demo isn't the best showcase of the game though. If you have the full game and most cars unlocked a Canada track at midday with a Super class car on a legendary race is a great way to introduce people.

Just take your time and find what works well for you. Do it in the special test area though rather than the actual game just to get a feel fr it without being thrown into anything.

dose

Dirt Rally would be even better.
I'm not arguing there :)

Of course it varies between user. But visually it is no where near the top in PSVR. Motion sickness is also a major problem for most newer users. There's a bunch of better demo that can be showcased. I'm not saying it's a bad game or something.

I know you didn't say that, but you did say it was "the worst demo you could ever showcase/start with." which I totally disagree with.

If you have space, definitely Job Simulator. It's time limited, but you can pretty much do anything in your cubicle during the demo. I ignored my boss and put the disc in and played Flappy Bot. Also printed out some photo frames, threw a paper airplane across the office, and found some old food in the trash can (my kids loved the reaction to that).

I'm waiting for a sale on it, but might eventually pick it up even at full price. My kids love it.

Also, London Heist sold me on VR Worlds. And the demo was just a basic shooting gallery. The Battlezone demo was cool as well.

But the most impressive "free" thing I played was the Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing experience. Wow! You have to own the full game (which I already did), though it's really cheap now. The best part might just be checking out the cockpit--it's so detailed! And looking back and saying hi to the R2 unit behind me. The flying part was awesome at first, but gave me motion sickness by the end. Still totally worth it, and it's even replayable.

MattAces

Here's some interesting info on Seeking Dawn. I messaged them asking some question and got a reply.
We are working on plans for PSVR and are working alongside Sony with these plans so its something we are definitely trying to make happen! They dont want us jumping the gun on the announcement too quickly or else it will end up like another "No Mans Sky" incident.

The good news is that they reached out to us about the port first, so its something they really want, and is something we really want. So we are just waiting for something more solid before we make an official announcement 😀

Planet

Best free demonstration is definitely The Playroom VR, several entertaining mini games to demonstrate VR and have fun playing together at the same time.

MattAces

SPARC AMA, I will update important information here whenever I see one.

There can be up to 4 players courtside. 2 players can play at a time while the other 2 players can queue up for the next match while also being able to watch the current match from outside the court. So while in VR you will be able to watch the match that is currently being played from the point of view of a spectator outside of the court (and scaled up to make sure you can see what's going on).
B5qBUb3.jpg

For the PS4 Pro at launch, Sparc runs at a higher resolution for crisper visuals and improved post process effects.
We have 3 modes for launch, Rookie, Pro, and Experimental. Right now, the difference between Rookie and Pro is how hard towards sport you want to go. Both of them are driven by how good you are at throwing, blocking and dodging, but Pro turns down the assist and makes defense harder.
This is a very cool one.
Experimental is a mode for us I play with new ideas and get quick feedback from people. We've seen how successful that can be for other games, and wanted to get people involved with the ”hey what if" aspect of developing game modes.
We will have single player challenges for players to hone their skills.
Right now the single player has what we've been calling Challenges. It basically timed trials focusing on one of the aspects of the game.
Will I be able to listen to my own music while playing?

This is something we really wanted to get in for day 1 release but it just didn't quite make it!
However, we've intentionally kept the gameplay free from music and the mix reasonably minimal - to amplify the sense that this is a sport; similar to a tennis match, the actions of the players are the focus. So if you play music in the background or on your hifi, it's still going to sound good.
We know this is a feature that people want, and we're looking at getting it on the schedule for an update sometime post-launch.
We will be announcing our launch date and price very soon!
At this point in time, we will not have any more beta tests for Sparc before the PSVR launch.
We will be talking about other platforms and possible cross platform play at a later date.

^^ I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Is this SPARC? Just wanted to make sure. That ability to spectate while waiting is super cool. Always liked that about NBA2K.

Ogni-XR21

I borrowed the thing from work again; is there any known reason/fix for a feeling that, for example in RIGS, the NPC people feel just.. too small? Also the ground while in the mech feels like you're just standing there normal hight, no feel of being elevated at all.

I think this might have been an issue with eye distance, but I calibrated that as well, at least as good as I could. Should I manually change stuff?

I did, but it didn't help really. If I want things bigger, would I have to 'cheat' by putting the crosses further inwards or outwards?

I had the same problem, it was most apparent in Driveclub and Dirt Rally where you immediately see that the scale isn't right when sitting in the cockpit. Everything was too small. You actually do have to cheat the system. Reducing the distance of the crosses for the eye distance will make the world turn bigger.

A great way to check if everything is the correct size is Farpoint with the aim controller as you get to see the controller when starting the game and you can check if it is indeed the correct size.

I've just bought Eve Valkyrie and Polybius.

Wife is out for the evening, so once I get the kids to bed I'm going to get a massive mixed grill kebab delivered and get some serious game time in.

Not sure which one to try first. Think maybe a bit of Eve then some 120fps VR Minter?

MattAces

SpOOkyO

Neo Member
How is Eve Valkyre?
After trying the Call of Duty Demo I need a Space Sim
Does it have a Sp Campaign?
Oh and thanks for all the tips so far ;)
Also got me a move set now
Good bye reality, hello virtual reality :)

How is Eve Valkyre?
After trying the Call of Duty Demo I need a Space Sim
Does it have a Sp Campaign?
Oh and thanks for all the tips so far ;)
Also got me a move set now
Good bye reality, hello virtual reality :)
Its pretty cool. No real campaign but there are a handful of missions against the AI. Also you can play online co op against bots.

Just got my headset, any tips on cleaning it? The manual says not to use wipes on the lenses but they used them in BestBuy when I was demoing it months ago.

Just got my headset, any tips on cleaning it? The manual says not to use wipes on the lenses but they used them in BestBuy when I was demoing it months ago.

A lot of people like the lens pens, but I just use the blue cloth it came with.

In other news: Polybius is pretty intense, think I had a big goofy grin on while I was playing it. Crazy stuff. I think this Minter guy might have a future in video games.

Gitaroo

Just read that superhot is actually two games for normal play and vr for pc. Is that the same case for ps4? Do I get both if I preorder on psn?

Top Bottom