• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

olimpia84

Thanks for the replies, will definitely try the other games that came in the bundle and hopefully my experience gets better.

I only have one PS Move controller, will that be enough to play games like Batman, Until Dawn, Job Simulator etc. or do they require two moves at all times?

MattAces

http://onepiecevr.bn-ent.net/

VR game is an 8 player co-op play.
main2.jpg
aeecc2ea.jpg

226a2c92.jpg

kinggroin

Banned
Im getting a sort of warped fish bowl effect on the edges of my vision. Yes i did eye measuring. Any ideas?

Some games don't account for that it seems, and you get a weird warp or fisheye effect as you rotate your head.

Notice it in Batman, but not Rez.

BTails

My PSVR breakout box doesn’t seem to be sending 4K signal to my TV, I know HDR is not supported but I thought 4K was?

Have you done all the updates? I seem to recall my PSVR box was only sending a 1080p only from the Ps4 Pro until the updates were applied.

border

Are there any 3D BluRays that look particularly good in PSVR? I've never watched 3D in my house and was thinking about giving it a try. I was thinking about How to Train Your Dragon, since that's probably one of the few times I was impressed by 3D in the theatres.

MattAces

http://pureplaystation.com/review-superhot-vr-ps4psvr/2017/07/
9.5/10

SUPERHOT VR is the epitome of cool. You're thrown into your very own action movie that'll have you slaying fools over and over again as you spawn, shoot, die, repeat. If you're a PSVR owner, you owe it to yourself to at least try this out.

The tracking is perhaps some of the best I've come across in PSVR, though it's not without a couple of hiccups. For one, there's still the usual wonkyness that comes when you move the PS Move wands across the front of the PSVR headset, though that's more a hardware flaw more than anything else. Secondly is that some actions aren't quite spot-on. For instance, throwing objects can be a little tricky, so much so that I still struggle to aim true with the ninja throwing darts. These things aside, I can't say a bad word against how the game works. It's as smooth as you could wish for, and it looks pretty good, too. Even though the game employs a very limited white/gray colour palette, the levels still look great with plenty of detail to turn it from a white canvas into a digital muder zone.

You've heard enough, now go buy.

Anyway I really wonder how Arizona Sunshine did it. It is really THE only game that allows you to put Move infront of your face. Maybe after 5 seconds it will start wobble but once you put down the Move and hold up again it's fine. There must be some sort of stabilizing going on there. Others just instantly wobble.

So I cracked and bought Fantastic Contraption tonight, had about an hour with it this far. My first impressions are.... It's great, a little weird to get used to, but its fun as hell to just build stuff in there. Had a few tracking hiccups but I am going to attribute that to playing with the aim controller and then switching to the moves, probably need to reset in between or something.

My PSVR breakout box doesn’t seem to be sending 4K signal to my TV, I know HDR is not supported but I thought 4K was?

I was using two different inputs on my TV, one for direct connection for HDR, etc and one for the breakout box. Breakout box was sending 1080p because I had to specifically enable 4k input in the TV options.

Have you used the same TV input for 4k successfully?

MattAces

Prana VR coming to PSVR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnxzUyudh_4

https://bigbrightmonsterprana.tumblr.com/

That image is too depressing, edit.
b.jpg

Prana will be priced at $9.99
Here's a brief background: Prana is set in a ‘fantastical world' that's populated by ailing animals. What you are going to do here is to (literally) breath life to restore the vitality of them, therefore bringing them back to life. Your breath is tracked via the microphone of your VR headset, and visible in-game as well. All you have to do is to look at the dying animal, and breath for a couple of times, and this will magically revive them.
https://arthands-vr.com/2017/07/15/preview-prana-vr-for-htc-viveoculus-riftpsvr-screenshots-trailer/

ckohler

Here's what I get using Google Translate (with a few minor guesses by me):

"ONE PIECE"'s First PlayStation®VR project in history has finally begun. Experience powerful 360° immersive action!

The Pirates' voyage is pleasant but also dangerous! Take a trip to the ocean with the straw hat crew! Players become apprentices of the straw-hat pirates, and go out on the Sunny's "One Day Voyage"!

Includes a Navy Shooting Battle & a great approach to the straw-hat flavor of communication, adventure and events unique to VR will be expanded!

From Saturday, Saturday, July 22, Prior Play of "PlayStation® 4 (PlayStation® VR dedicated software)" ONE PIECE GRAND CRUISE will be playable at Tokyo One Piece Tower.

In addition to being able to play early, you can enjoy a special version with eight player simultaneous cooperative gameplay. Please enjoy the 360° immersive pirate experience by all means on this occasion.

※ Although the trial of "ONE PIECE GRAND CRUISE" is free, purchasing "LIVE & PARK PASS" or "PARK PASS" is required for admission to "Tokyo One Piece Tower".
※ The subject age of PS VR will be 12 years old and over. Those under the age of 12 can not experience it, so please be forewarned.
※ A Voucher Ticket is required for VR experience. For details, please check the "Tokyo One Piece Tower" official website.

I don't see any mention of release date or price for purchasing. Just that it'll be available to play early on July 22 at Tokyo Tower. Anyone fluent in Japanese wanna translate more accurately?

MattAces

Here's what I get using Google Translate (with a few minor guesses by me):

I don't see any mention of release date or price for purchasing. Just that it'll be available to play early on July 22 at Tokyo Tower. Anyone fluent in Japanese wanna translate more accurately?

※ Although the trial of "ONE PIECE GRAND CRUISE" is free, purchasing "LIVE & PARK PASS" or "PARK PASS" is required for admission to "Tokyo One Piece Tower".

Oh sweet. At least I can try it. I don't know anything about One Piece, wish that I'm now seeing the game is coming.

ckohler

Oh sweet. At least I can try it. I don't know anything about One Piece, wish that I'm now seeing the game is coming.

Just to clarify, I think what they mean is that the game on display at Tokyo One Piece Tower will be free to play. Not that the game will be free to PS4 users.

MattAces

Anyone else struggling to keep up with all the news in this thread?!

Yep. I honestly feel bad about it sometimes, with me spamming in this thread with nonsense + news.

Just to clarify, I think what they mean is that the game on display at Tokyo One Piece Tower will be free to play. Not that the game will be free to PS4 users.

Oh I see, hopefully this is not just another experience thing and it's an actual game. So far Japan keeps delivering on the experience stuff but not much on actual games.

Im getting a sort of warped fish bowl effect on the edges of my vision. Yes i did eye measuring. Any ideas?

Are you on Base PS4? Some games render at a lower resolution on the edges of the image than they do in the centre to conserve processing power. I've seen this in Batman and Driveclub. It's usually gone after a Pro patch.

Could that be what you're seeing?

http://pureplaystation.com/review-superhot-vr-ps4psvr/2017/07/
9.5/10

You've heard enough, now go buy.

Anyway I really wonder how Arizona Sunshine did it. It is really THE only game that allows you to put Move infront of your face. Maybe after 5 seconds it will start wobble but once you put down the Move and hold up again it's fine. There must be some sort of stabilizing going on there. Others just instantly wobble.

Great to hear the tracking is on point, that's all I needed to know about the PSVR version.

It's crazy that there's so much content for an expensive niche add-on.

I've had a backlog since launch day.

But PSVR is just a VITA 2 that Sony put out to die!! /s

I love how the games just keep on coming; I love my PSVR and have had some amazing experiences already! Hopefully Superhot is as good as the review above says it is...

...can't wait!

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
It's really difficult to get a PSVR in Japan. Many stores just have a lottery system where you have a chance to buy it. Unlucky so far.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
But PSVR is just a VITA 2 that Sony put out to die!! /s

I love how the games just keep on coming; I love my PSVR and have had some amazing experiences already! Hopefully Superhot is as good as the review above says it is...

...can't wait!

It's crazy that there's so much content for an expensive niche add-on.

I've had a backlog since launch day.

I wish like hell I just had more time. There really is a console-quality lineup coming out just for this thing. It's like a totally different system, almost.

MattAces

It's really difficult to get a PSVR in Japan. Many stores just have a lottery system where you have a chance to buy it. Unlucky so far.

This is the stupidest system ever. Just have a backlog list, the usual first come first serve. People who are dedicated enough to reserve early deserve it early too.

ranmafan

Keep up hope. Just two weeks ago I finally saw a store that actually had them in stock without need for a lottery. So they are getting out there more and more. Just will take a little more time. But i understand. I had to go through all that annoyingness when I got mine back in January. Still amazing they still need lotteries for it in July.

ranmafan

This is the stupidest system ever. Just have a backlog list, the usual first come first serve. People who are dedicated enough to reserve early deserve it early too.

The worst thing about it is some prefectures only have like a handful of stores that sale it. Mine for the longest time only had 2 that did. Sony recently added a bunch of store to the sales list but my prefecture only got one more. Now some stores are getting better stock but yeah it's still amazing how crazy the lottery system is and how it's still necessary to get. But yeah they need a better way to handle it, along with the switch too. I'm just glad I was able to get mine here, but it took a lot of work.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
SPARC hands on by PSVR frank.
If you can't stand his shtick, probably avoid this. His daily videos are definitely worse, this is okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJoVIh7fZE
It's funny, I was watching his old review for Sports bar VR and he was so sedate and relaxed, with no discernible accent. Dude is also apparently from North Carolina, which really shocked me. Looks and sounds like he's from the heart of Manhatten to me.

Seems like a good dude. I appreciate his dedication to the cause.

MattAces

It's funny, I was watching his old review for Sports bar VR and he was so sedate and relaxed, with no discernible accent. Dude is also apparently from North Carolina, which really shocked me. Looks and sounds like he's from the heart of Manhatten to me.

Seems like a good dude. I appreciate his dedication to the cause.

I'm sure he's a great guy. Usually when he's shooting videos outside, he's fine. When he's doing those reviews and daily news stuff, I can't stand him.

Planet

It's not so much the way he talks, which surely is a bit annoying, but much more so his attitude. His acting like a wannabe superstar is what really makes me cringe and wanting to stop playback.

Marcoos

Are there any 3D BluRays that look particularly good in PSVR? I've never watched 3D in my house and was thinking about giving it a try. I was thinking about How to Train Your Dragon, since that's probably one of the few times I was impressed by 3D in the theatres.

The Force Awakens looks pretty decent and worth a watch with it

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.

Keep up hope. Just two weeks ago I finally saw a store that actually had them in stock without need for a lottery. So they are getting out there more and more. Just will take a little more time. But i understand. I had to go through all that annoyingness when I got mine back in January. Still amazing they still need lotteries for it in July.

Yeah, it's stupid. Usually I am a bit busy so I forget PSVR and when I do remember, I can't just impulse buy it from stores. Maybe I should just order online from another country and eat the import taxes.

I live in Yokohama now so plenty of stores but also plenty of other customers. Impössiiiibleh

Yeah, for Switch it sucks too. But for that purchase I'll wait for more games I like so hopefully by then the stock is not an issue.

Civil War looked allright, but i didn't want to watch the whole film as the general resolution takes a hit, much prefer the 2D Bluray still for clarity.

PSVR 3D is better for me than theater 3D, probably due to each eye having a screen so there is no annoying problems with my eyes trying to lose focus.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Played some more Fantastic Contraption. First of all, the puzzle levels become stupidly amazing. I was grinning like an idiot to my solutions of the last few levels. I have now played for about 3 hours and I am done with about 33% of the content.
I can only highly recommend the game. The only downside is that there definitely are some weird tracking issues. It works fine most of the time, but sometimes it does funk out a little bit. It's a bit distracting, but honestly only puts the game down a small notch. Good stuff!

ranmafan

Yeah, it's stupid. Usually I am a bit busy so I forget PSVR and when I do remember, I can't just impulse buy it from stores. Maybe I should just order online from another country and eat the import taxes.

I live in Yokohama now so plenty of stores but also plenty of other customers. Impössiiiibleh

Yeah, for Switch it sucks too. But for that purchase I'll wait for more games I like so hopefully by then the stock is not an issue.

Yeah Yokohama will probably be a problem due to the larger population. The good news is more stores have it for sale so stock must be easier to make. But supply still hasn't met demand. And the scalpers haven't let up either. Still I was shocked when they had the demo day a few weeks back and the store in my prefecture had a sign that said "we have playstation vr for sale now, just ask the counter for one." I seriously couldn't believe it. Hoping they solve the situation soon. Sony has a winner here with it and they have to do a better job and actually get the product into gamers hands in Japan rather than constantly apologizing and saying they will do better. Shouldn't be like this nine months after launch.

sasliquid

Headset arrived but I can't get the motion controls till next week. What's the best intro experiences that don't need them? I'm going to sit on RE7 and the cheaper the better

MattAces

Briarios

I thought Zootopia was great in 3D. It's not that it pops, but that you feel more a part of the world. Seemed to lend more emotion to the story, like it was more real.

Not sure if anyone here watches Dark Matter but in the latest episode, they show the PSVR headset as a futuristic headset that some guy is using to read minds. I laughed.

MattAces

Not sure if anyone here watches Dark Matter but in the latest episode, they show the PSVR headset as a futuristic headset that some guy is using to read minds. I laughed.

PSVR does look futuristic with its tron lights glowing, especially in a dim room. No goofy head straps, instead they use a slick diagonal head ring.

Top Bottom