• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Vexed Dad

Neo Member
No offense, great video, but the zoom in comparisons are extremely unfair to PSVR2 since they don’t always zoom into the center. PSVR2 have eye tracking and foveated rendering deliberately making everything you’re not looking directly at less sharp.
Like here:
IlCeVur.jpg
This is BS. My PSVR2 is crystal clear where my eyes are looking. Same as real life.

Fredrik

This is BS. My PSVR2 is crystal clear where my eyes are looking. Same as real life.
Yeah that’s the problem here, through the lense videos aren’t going to work for PSVR2, it’s the same thing in the GT7 segment, everything on the sides look blurry because that’s not where your eyes are looking.

Yep. Make sure both your controllers update.

At first only my Left one did and the Right one spazzed out. Rebooted the PS5 and then the Right one updated and all is well.

Tl;dr: if you don't get updates for the headset & BOTH controllers, reboot.
Sounds like the issue I had with my day one Sense Controller. Updated (Which, oddly some people had, some didn't) and the right one went ballistic. Coudn't even complete setup.

Surfheart

Fuck me the tracking on my headset is garbage.
I’ve installed extra lights into my space and it made no difference.
I’ve cleaned the lenses.
Run and re-run tracking calibration
Recreated my play space numerous times.
Tried tracking support off/on
I have no exposed light bulbs it’s all wash/bounce light and the room is very well lit
I‘ve tried TV off/on with tracking support off/on
I have lots of stuff in the room and on the walls.

Climbing in horizon and looking up slightly the game drops to the passthru with the tracking error and then immediately flicks back to the game and it happens constantly.

My Quest 2 tracking is flawless in this same space with the same light.

consoul

I was just thinking I'd really like a folder on PS5 to have all my PSVR2 games in one place, like I had for PSVR1 on PS4. Well, turns out there's a new trick in today's firmware.

Check this out:
Go into the Game Library tile and select the sort icon on the left. There's a new option right there to filter VR games only.
186c0f93efb69-screens9einy.jpg

Bingo. All your VR games and demos in one place in just a couple of clicks.

Last edited:
I was just thinking I'd really like a folder on PS5 to have all my PSVR2 games in one place, like I had for PSVR1 on PS4. Well, turns out there's a new trick in today's firmware.

Check this out:
Go into the Game Library tile and select the sort icon on the left. There's a new option right there to filter VR games only.

Best Part of the beta (Well, that and Wireless Dualsense updates)

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Some people are claiming that psvr2 image quality has improved in some titles (gt, COTM - mainly saying the reprojection is reduced). I took a look at RE and I dunno, the areas that looked jaggy previously don’t look as jaggy but I may just be misremembering my perception of how jaggy it was.

Minsc

Gold Member
Fuck me the tracking on my headset is garbage.
I’ve installed extra lights into my space and it made no difference.
I’ve cleaned the lenses.
Run and re-run tracking calibration
Recreated my play space numerous times.
Tried tracking support off/on
I have no exposed light bulbs it’s all wash/bounce light and the room is very well lit
I‘ve tried TV off/on with tracking support off/on
I have lots of stuff in the room and on the walls.

Climbing in horizon and looking up slightly the game drops to the passthru with the tracking error and then immediately flicks back to the game and it happens constantly.

My Quest 2 tracking is flawless in this same space with the same light.

Probably a defective headset. There's way too many of those. Any way you can try a different one? I don't do anything special at all with the walls or lighting and have no tracking issues, it works great.

scydrex

If anyone here have The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners standard via plus or brought normally the upgrade will be $10 for the upgrade to the psvr2. The tourist edition will have a free upgrade to psvr2. Also you can upgrade the standard edition to the tourist for $2.99 until tomorrow 03-09 and will get the free upgrade. I have the plus version and brought the upgrade to the tourist edition it's a no brainer. I read the user score in metacritic and some comments here and it seems is one of the best games for psvr1.

6w12slH.jpg
y6Dc41u.jpg

Last edited:

scydrex

wait, so if I own saints and sinners from PS Plus and I buy the tourist edition upgrade now for £7.99 I will own the PSVR2 version?
Yeah that's what the dev said. You can get the upgrade to the tourist edition for us$2.99 until tomorrow with 70$ discount. The 3-21 the psvr2 upgrade will be available for us$10 alongside the chapter 2.

Romulus

Just pulled the trigger on psvr2. I literally can't get gt7 out of mind after using it. That alone could be hundreds of hours of gameplay and it feels next level. Ace Combat is coming too along with dozens of other exclusives

Not to mention the image quality is apparently improving through patches. I thought it was damn good before.

Crayon

Is it possible we are looking at something other than the reprojection here? I found that noticeable only occasionally in GT7. In Horizon, you can catch it all over the place and it's annoying.

If it's somehow any actual sharpness other than that, I know where to test it. There's a particular car when I started playing the game - I had a good long look at the odometer and was marveling at how the thing was sharp enough to read it buried in cluster. I remember how it looked. Fuzzy enough to not be readable at a glance, but sharp enough to identify every digit. I'll try that and see if I can spot a difference.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Check this out:

FINALLY!!!!

SilentUser

My first impressions of the PSVR2 firmware update: yes, it is sharper, even when just using the OS. It is immediately noticeable.
Proceeded to try Puzzling Places (demo). It is sharper, but just a little. I think the devs must increase the resolution, it seems to be kinda low. However, the HDR now displays more intense colors, imo. And the most relevant part: it became much easier to focus on the image, it is easier and more comfortable to see the pieces, dunno how to explain.
Also tried Demeo and found it to be sharper and easier to focus on the characters faces, for instance. And colors are a little stronger.
Will try other games now and share my impressions later. It seems to be better overall and a very welcomed update, but don't expect a massive jump in sharpness.

Crayon

My first impressions of the PSVR2 firmware update: yes, it is sharper, even when just using the OS. It is immediately noticeable.
Proceeded to try Puzzling Places (demo). It is sharper, but just a little. I think the devs must increase the resolution, it seems to be kinda low. However, the HDR now displays more intense colors, imo. And the most relevant part: it became much easier to focus on the image, it is easier and more comfortable to see the pieces, dunno how to explain.
Also tried Demeo and found it to be sharper and easier to focus on the characters faces, for instance. And colors are a little stronger.
Will try other games now and share my impressions later. It seems to be better overall and a very welcomed update, but don't expect a massive jump in sharpness.

Ah shit now I want to see it real bad.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Just pulled the trigger on psvr2. I literally can't get gt7 out of mind after using it. That alone could be hundreds of hours of gameplay and it feels next level. Ace Combat is coming too along with dozens of other exclusives

Not to mention the image quality is apparently improving through patches. I thought it was damn good before.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Crayon

Just stopping in to recommend RUNNER again. Game is great.

I have it! Bought during the first weekend but I'm still very busy with just a few games. I want to try runner but I need a chill game, which means buying more lol. I'm thinking townsmen.

consoul

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm pretty much certain there is no image quality update in the latest firmware update. Looks 100% the same to me. I think the reports of clarity boost are placebo effect or just hitting the sweet spot a bit better.

The nice thing about placebos is that they work, so if you're seeing a big improvement, I'm genuinely happy for you.

You gotta do what? I gotta believe!

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm pretty much certain there is no image quality update in the latest firmware update. Looks 100% the same to me. I think the reports of clarity boost are placebo effect or just hitting the sweet spot a bit better.

The nice thing about placebos is that they work, so if you're seeing a big improvement, I'm genuinely happy for you.

What to think, what to think. Everyone is suffering placebo effect, mass hysteria, or your eyes just don’t see it? Genuinely confused what to believe here 😅

gunstarhero

Is it difficult? I was reading it's pretty fucking hard on quest 2
It’s not easy, it throws a lot at you at the start. With maybe 2-3 runs though, it gets easier.

Pro tip: use your bike gun often, and save the pistols for air enemies. It’s something you might overlook because the pistols are so fun to use, but your bike gun is much more powerful (and gets upgrades like spread shot, etc.)

The sword and grenades seem like a waste to me, but i’m only on stage 3.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Were you using the 7.00 firmware beta?

BuddyLaDouche

Neo Member
Probably a defective headset. There's way too many of those. Any way you can try a different one? I don't do anything special at all with the walls or lighting and have no tracking issues, it works great.
Last ditch effort I've read is to buy an infrared light for your play area. It helps the cameras see better. If it's this bad though I'd bet Minsc is right and it's likely defective.

Mahavastu

Yeah that's what the dev said. You can get the upgrade to the tourist edition for us$2.99 until tomorrow with 70$ discount. The 3-21 the psvr2 upgrade will be available for us$10 alongside the chapter 2.
hmm, looks like they forgot Germany with that deal... here it is 10bucks, just like upgrade to psvr2, and we still have over an hour until midnight, if that is important...

Top Bottom