• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

PanzerCute

It really does! It might be a VR sleeper hit
It is extremely well reviewed on Quest and according to the devs it will be a much upgraded version with Foveated rendering, 120 fps native and full haptics usage (they will patch the headset rumble after launch tho).

Another topic I already spent 10 hours in Legendary Tales and damn that game is amazing! The first contact was terrible, as the UX and controls are stupid AF (It took me ages to understand how to equip/unequip, loot and many other simple actions like that), but damn once you know how to deal with that the game really shines.

I am completely addicted, the game is basically a mix bewteen King'd Field/Dark Souls and Diablo 1. You can still feel its indie with its jank and lack of variety, but its so immersive and interesting to play that its not really a problem.

fart town usa

Gold Member
It is extremely well reviewed on Quest and according to the devs it will be a much upgraded version with Foveated rendering, 120 fps native and full haptics usage (they will patch the headset rumble after launch tho).

Another topic I already spent 10 hours in Legendary Tales and damn that game is amazing! The first contact was terrible, as the UX and controls are stupid AF (It took me ages to understand how to equip/unequip, loot and many other simple actions like that), but damn once you know how to deal with that the game really shines.

I am completely addicted, the game is basically a mix bewteen King'd Field/Dark Souls and Diablo 1. You can still feel its indie with its jank and lack of variety, but its so immersive and interesting to play that its not really a problem.
It's such a fun game. Coop is a riot too, basically turns it into a VR Gauntlet-style game.

XXL

Yeah, if this isn't a VR game. I'll still buy it, but I'm not going to be thrilled about it.

The PS5 game is great, but the the VR Astro is phenomenal and comparable to the best platformers of all time (like Mario 64, etc.)

People have no idea what they're missing out on.

Last edited:

PanzerCute

Had to share this! IT IS A RUMOUR, hopefully a wrong one.
Edit: Also, it could simply be their conclusion/speculation about it.

The guy (bilibilikun) basically extrapolates and is not an insider (he just happens to have a website tracking all the deals on digital stores and saw an unfinished Ad)

He even says that he "thinks" its PS5 only.

I would not read too much into that tbh.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Devs confirmed foveated rendering:
"It also features eye-tracking and dynamic foveated rendering, so the image quality is very good".

Too bad it won't have the headset rumble, but it should be coming at a later date:
"There are controller haptics in the game. It's just missing headset vibrations and adaptive triggers until the next update"

And finally, when asked about their inspiration, the coolest part:
"Midnight dinner was a big inspiration though". 😍 Love that series!

Edellus

I decided to fire up my PSVR2 to check out the latest No Man's Sky update, and I find that there's a lot of shimmering going on mid to far distances. As if the antialiasing just stops working entirely on stuff not close to you.
Was that always the case (because I don't remember noticing it before) or did the update mess something up?

SilentUser

I decided to fire up my PSVR2 to check out the latest No Man's Sky update, and I find that there's a lot of shimmering going on mid to far distances. As if the antialiasing just stops working entirely on stuff not close to you.
Was that always the case (because I don't remember noticing it before) or did the update mess something up?
It has been a while since the last time I played NMS, but I remember having that problem in certain scenarios. Some planets were fine, others had a lot of shimmering (as that central hub).

PanzerCute

any news regarding PC support? im throwing money at the screen and nothing happens. come now!
Not yet. It's Sony man, they dont announce anything now. Best we will have is a blog post and a 7 minute States of Play with paid slots for publishers.

I bought Sushi Ben yesterday and the port indeed seems amazing: native 120fps and crisp AF image. Technically its a Quest game (and not one of the best at all) but the art style combined with DFV makes it really beautiful.

I only played for like 15 minutes so I cant say anything else for now, but at least the port is great!

SilentUser

Not yet. It's Sony man, they dont announce anything now. Best we will have is a blog post and a 7 minute States of Play with paid slots for publishers.

I bought Sushi Ben yesterday and the port indeed seems amazing: native 120fps and crisp AF image. Technically its a Quest game (and not one of the best at all) but the art style combined with DFV makes it really beautiful.

I only played for like 15 minutes so I cant say anything else for now, but at least the port is great!
Just bought Sushi Ben, the price is cheap and it seems like a nice title to enjoy casually. Also, being native 120fps and vahing a crispy IQ is a huge plus, so I decided to support the devs!

SilentUser

Bonus titles for Game Catalog, Classic Catalog, PS VR2 and a Game Trial​

Here are the bonus titles we are releasing during the Days of Play celebration ahead of our normal release schedule, which include additions to the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog*, Classics Catalog*, PS VR2 bonus games and a Game Trial*. Don’t forget to check back later this month for our regular Game Catalog announcement to see the full June lineup. Enjoy!

0c015d2d140d0368dea30261b2558696902d20ed.jpg

PS VR2 games​

(Available on June 6 for Premium members)

• Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
  • Walkabout Mini Golf
  • Synth Riders
  • Before Your Eyes
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapters 1 & 2
+
  • $100 off PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain Bundle

PanzerCute

Finally beat Legendary Tales. The last boss destroyed me so I had to summon someone to kill it (still took us an hour or so). I think the game is pretty "easy" but these two last bosses feel a bit broken imo. But apart from that, I absolutely loved my 33h with the game and I will play more in the future.

Count me in! Hybrid would be fine, though. Specially if they add some VR-only specific levels.
Definitely. I woud understand Sony wanting to push the IP by making it PS5, but at least make it hybrid. If that is not the case that would really feel like Sony spitting on our faces.
I have always thought the game would be hybrid, lets hope I am not wrong!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Still holding out for a hybrid Astrobot.
I'm a big supporter of hybrid... but Astrobot is one case where I want it natively designed for VR. That was why the original was so transformative / compared to Mario 64. The PS5 Astro was cute and they did a good job developing around the triggers and haptics, but SO MUCH would be lost by not allowing them to design specifically for PSVR2. It would be a huge loss.

sncvsrtoip

I'm a big supporter of hybrid... but Astrobot is one case where I want it natively designed for VR. That was why the original was so transformative / compared to Mario 64. The PS5 Astro was cute and they did a good job developing around the triggers and haptics, but SO MUCH would be lost by not allowing them to design specifically for PSVR2. It would be a huge loss.
True but taking into account market size I would be happy with hybrid version

SilentUser

So, what do you think they will show tomorrow regarding PSVR2 titles? I think we are going to see 2 or, if where are lucky enough, 3 titles:
1. Behemoth: devs were demoing this game to youtubers.
2. Metro: probably with a release date.
and... 3. Astro Bot: please, Sony! Make it at least hybrid, plus some special VR-only levels would be awesome.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So, what do you think they will show tomorrow regarding PSVR2 titles? I think we are going to see 2 or, if where are lucky enough, 3 titles:
1. Behemoth: devs were demoing this game to youtubers.
2. Metro: probably with a release date.
and... 3. Astro Bot: please, Sony! Make it at least hybrid, plus some special VR-only levels would be awesome.
Low expectations for me. I really want to see Astrobot and at least one other bigger title from Sony.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i don't think they're so tone-deaf that they'd show a flat astrobot during a presentation they're also promoting VR. that would honestly be a dick move. imo, it's gonna be a psvr2 game. if it's there.

sncvsrtoip

Completely forgot about Wanderer. Seems like a cool game, but I don't really need a new trailer for it (which means they are going to show one, right?! 🤣)
There is also Behemoth from The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners devs + and Alien Rogue Incursion from Survios (Creed)

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

So from leaked games at the show vr titles: New Five nights at Freddy, new unknown title, Alien Rogue Incursion and potentialy Astrobot. if Astrobot is hybrid Im more than happy, if flat only then Im concerned.

Last edited:

SilentUser

So from leaked games at the show vr titles: New Five nights at Freddy, new unknown title, Alien Rogue Incursion and potentialy Astrobot. if Astrobot is hybrid Im more than happy, if flat only then Im concerned.
I was pretty sure we were going to see Behemoth 😭 hopefully the leaks are wrong, I'm curious about that game.

Minsc

Gold Member
Behemoth and Alien look amazing.

But damn I hate Sony so much for not making Astro 2 PSVR2 compatible. Like ffs!

Behemoth looked ok, definitely not the same texture work or detail you get from a regular console AAA game.

Alien look like it was 10fps, what was up with that.

Resenge

well I was big supporter and didnt understand hate in first year when we got 3 aaa titles but I think time to face truth, sony doesnt care and they wasted big potential:messenger_sad_relieved:
I own a few headsets but bought into PSVR2 eco system again due to Sony bringing out some of the best VR games during the PSVR era, Astrobot being top of that list. Super deflated that it does not even have Hybrid VR mode. I will still play it of course but I guess that is why it's flat and not VR only.

I enjoyed the flat screen Astrobot but it just was not as good without a VR mode, I am expecting to feel the same way with this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom