• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Will Not Host an E3 Conference or Appear at E3 2019

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Last year was ok, this year was a disaster as far as a conference. It would have been better as something like a Nintendo Direct video.

Oh well no I meant this year's E3 was just average for me. I didn't think it was anywhere near as terrible as some make it out to be. The beginning was stupid and then having the media walk from one place to another was extra dumb, but what they showed was really good. Some of the execution was bad though.

partime

Oh well no I meant this year's E3 was just average for me. I didn't think it was anywhere near as terrible as some make it out to be. The beginning was stupid and then having the media walk from one place to another was extra dumb, but what they showed was really good. Some of the execution was bad though.

You guys are confusing E3 with their respective conferences. Did they mention there would be no conference next year, or just no booth at E3?

Dunki

You guys are confusing E3 with their respective conferences. Did they mention there would be no conference next year, or just no booth at E3?
Right now it seems boths. There wont be a conference for sure. About the Booth I do not know since they would lose their spot if they would not have one.

Yagami_Sama

That is unexpected. Maybe they saw that, they will not have much to show and decide to cancel the event in order to focus on the PS5, in which many believe will be announced next year. And instead of showing the same games, for this year E3, they decide to skip. And this make me wonder if Death Stranding , ant the Last of Us 2, are really a cross system game, first on pS4 and them on PS5, or released simultaneously for both platforms.

autoduelist

That's fine but let's not pretend past conferences were not largely made up of third party presentations. Sony decided to try something different this year and it was weird. That should have been like a Nintendo Direct instead, but every other conference of theirs mostly had third party content. Nintendo is the only one who has mainly used its time to show 1st party.

Well, sure, but who cares? I mean thats sort of the point. I watch the Sony one knowing I'm seeing mostly multiplats in the hopes i get a surprise exclusive from a Sony studio. I yawn through Destiny in hopes i see tokyo jungle 2 or a new Socom. That hope drives me to watch an hour+ presentation. I don't have any drive to watch, say, an MS or EA presentation. That doesnt mean i dont care at all about destiny, it just means I didnt decide to watch a conference for it-Any important multiplats will get enough attention I will check out their trailers. Thats what people who rail against exclusives don't understand - they drive interest, whether we like it or not.

Well, sure, but who cares? I mean thats sort of the point. I watch the Sony one knowing I'm seeing mostly multiplats in the hopes i get a surprise exclusive from a Sony studio. I yawn through Destiny in hopes i see tokyo jungle 2 or a new Socom. That hope drives me to watch an hour+ presentation. I don't have any drive to watch, say, an MS or EA presentation. That doesnt mean i dont care at all about destiny, it just means I didnt decide to watch a conference for it-Any important multiplats will get enough attention I will check out their trailers. Thats what people who rail against exclusives don't understand - they drive interest, whether we like it or not.

A new Socom would be awesome. I was one of the few who went all out with the last one. Even got Move controllers, hard to get used to.

I enjoyed watching all of the shows even though they all kind of underwhelmed because of the pre-hype and leaks.

Top Bottom