• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

Neiteio

On the first page, some people were getting hyped by the fact Ampharos can no longer be paralyzed. Uh, was this a problem for him in the competitive meta-game before?

Not really. Psychic typing allows Starmie to wall Infernape and other fighting types. Fairy would do the same, but Psychic is far from useless.

Well Starmie doesn't really take any known advantage of it's psychic type. And it's a Star like Clefable, knows Moon Moves and stuff, maybe it would work better as Fairy.

I mean it could at least switch into Dragons and hitting them with Ice Beam.

We also have these ;)

Yveltal can open it's mouth, cool.

DaBoss

The villain motif fits France well lol

So hyped for this game, I am expecting it to be the best Pokémon game ever (until the next one hopefully.

JoeM86

In a lot of asian cultures dinosaurs and dragons are the same thing. Dinosaur in Japanese is "Kyouryu", which means "terrible dragon".

It's the same with moles which is why Iris has an Excadrill in the anime. In Japan, moles are called 土龍 or Dirt Dragon

Styles

iKXFZVO2Bm4Uj.png
iKkVagHfYYLEy.png

Get on my team already.
smoochum.gif

backlot

On the first page, some people were getting hyped by the fact Ampharos can no longer be paralyzed. Uh, was this a problem for him in the competitive meta-game before?
No his problem before was that he just wasn't very good. But now with a Mega Evolution and paralysis immunity things are looking up.

Elfteiroh

Did the thing other other page say that flying types cannot be affected by like spikes and stuff, does that include stealth rock.

No, just spikes.

So, has this been posted/can I post it? :p

Outfit_Art-X-and-Y.jpg

It's from the official site.

OMG? COOL! That almost looks like some fan art! (I say this in a VERY good way!)

Those names are a bit... Frogadier, Furfrou, Meowstic, Pyroar, all of them have the related English word right then and there in full. I don't know. I don't know guys, those names are a bit silly.

Meowstic design is pretty great (it's also pretty great). I don't like the fur on Pyroar's female form either, it should've just not have one.

Eh, French people always make up silly names. I think it's just fitting. :p

fates

Blue hair: No need to take your clothes off, I've already seen enough.
Green hair: I'm sorry, but your dick just isn't big enough.
Brown hair: On closer inspection, you seem to have a dick that I may or may not be willing to suck.
Purple hair: TAKE ME, JUST TAKE ME

reactionimage_zps903665a8.jpg

Now that that is out of the way...

Lion pokemon is badass. Will use.
Character designs are... different, but I kinda like them.
Character customization? Awesome, been a long time coming.

Quilladin is so ugly. Guess my streak of never picking a grass starter continues.

Still dislike both of Mewtwo's mega forms.

Tyrunt is an awesome name for a awesome pokemon.

Team Flare looks cool.

And I might actually end up playing as a female.

Ricky 7

Did the thing other other page say that flying types cannot be affected by like spikes and stuff, does that include stealth rock.

I hope so, I mean it would be common sense to make it immune but since it mentions the 2 other spike attacks and not stealth rocks I'm not going to get my hopes up.

RomanceDawn

I am so excited for Grass's powder immunity! This is great news for them and at the same time powder spammers get a slight nerf. I guess grass gets buffed and nerfed at the same time.

Really happy with Steel losing it's dark and ghost resistance as well.

Elfteiroh

It's the same with moles which is why Iris has an Excadrill in the anime. In Japan, moles are called 土龍 or Dirt Dragon

OMG! Moles are my favorite animal EVER! Even more reasons to love them. :D
That's actually a big lie, Turtles are my favorite animal ever, but they are a VERY CLOSE second.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback

Well that's just mental.

Them Japanese sticking dragons in all our animals. They'll make dragons out of anything! Everyone, lock up your goldfish.

Top Bottom