• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XIII: UK trailer up -> starter evolutions, Mega Garchomp and more

Tusk

Seems like it. The French name for its evo seems like a combination of croak and corporal.

Omg.. Makes me think about Sergeant frog even more. Lance Corporal Dororo.

250px-Dororo.i.svg.png

Elfteiroh

Why is everyone being taken over by Team Flare?!

It uses a wand, silly.

To twitter, pronto!

As a native french speaker, I would give MY version, but I don't know how to write it as it would be written in english. :/

Team Chespin in denial mode.

Team Flare looks great, and the customization is far more than I imagined. Still pretty iffy on the balance changes, though I welcome any buffs to grass

Even if I'm team Froakie, I still think he is quite cute. No Denial here, just your personal opinion. ;)

Forkball

Team Chespin in denial mode.

Team Flare looks great, and the customization is far more than I imagined. Still pretty iffy on the balance changes, though I welcome any buffs to grass

Anyone else starting to think Fennekin's evolve might be Fire/Fairy instead of Fire/Psychic? The whole concept seems more Fairy to me, plus that PokeBeach rumour hasn't been 100% accurate, e.g Psychic doesn't resist Fairy and where is Espurr?

Caladrius

I'm assuming Braixen is pronounced like Brazen. At least that seems like a good double-pun.

I'm pretty sure I have my full team figured out now. Pity the game is nearly a month away. Black-out would be extremely difficult for me.

Dr. Buni

I would approve of Braixen evolving into Fire/Fairy

And Quilladin into Grass/Steel

And I don't really care about Frogadier

btw

aHyhcAG.png

A clear reference to Lyra's outfit. I hope there are clothes similar to those of the older protagonists as well. I also hope we can dress the characters as Team Flare admins.

Toxi

Banned
I really disagree with this point and find it damn near baseless. Scizor and Ferrothorn are great, so that means the entire type has to suffer? Same goes for Fighting. It was already perfectly balanced with 3 types resisting (2 of which SE it) and another that was completely immune.

IMO this is a really botched balancing job, and GF will be forced to nuke Fairy in the future. All because they didn't want to gimp dragons too badly.
Steel is an incredibly powerful type. In the OU tier, in addition to Scizor and Ferrothorn, you have Forretress, Heatran, Jirachi, Lucario, Magnezone, Metagross, and Skarmory. Heatran was especially popular, at one point with usage higher than Scizor. While these Pokemon have good stats already, their Steel typing gives them all an extra bulk that makes them far harder to kill. When X and Y comes around, Heatran will have five quadruple resistances and only two weakness, one of which can be solved by Air Balloon.

With X and Y, Steel types will lose two resistances, sure, but they'll also gain a new one and that same type will be weak to Steel attacks, giving Steel types more reason to justify STAB moves. They're going to continue being a strong type that resists a ton of shit.

Elfteiroh

woah woah woah, how did so many people let this post slide? the 3DS is a HUGE jump from the DS.

Because it's irrelevant. It doesn't even deserve the attention. ;)

Hey, out of topic a bit, but Am I the only one to see the unusual amount of juniors in these threads!? Has there been a fresh batch recently?
I have been a Junior for a LOOONG time now, but it's the first time I actually converse with more than one at the same time in a thread!

Im really scared of spoiling their 3rd evolution, no more vids for me. But I'm going going Fennekin. I want that fire psychic combo and she/he is a great looking starter.

Shimesaba

Anyone else starting to think Fennekin's evolve might be Fire/Fairy instead of Fire/Psychic? The whole concept seems more Fairy to me, plus that PokeBeach rumour hasn't been 100% accurate, e.g Psychic doesn't resist Fairy and where is Espurr?

Given Quilladin's 'shell' implying maybe a Grass/Steel 3rd evo, and the name Frogadier implying a Water/Fighting 3rd evo, this would make the type effectiveness go in both directions:

Grass > Water > Fire (> Grass)
Steel < Fighting < Fairy (< Steel)

( a > b means 'a is super-effective against b' )

Makes a lot of sense.

Elfteiroh

Sadly that would be only for a short time, like in the Johto games. I'd like to dress as Team Flare admin (not grunt :p) all the time.

They could use the same system to customize your character to make you infiltrate... hell, that could be like a mini tutorial to get you to try the feature. :p

Just like the ugly lion where so sure it was going to turn into a badass Manticore instead of the derpiest Lion in history. I wouldn't hold my breath.

You know, I never understood the ones saying it would become a manticore. I always said it would only be an awesome lion. I was the one that was right! :p

OK, I really need to get some sleep, as I'm really starting to want to eat all of your souls. Hum... Delicious souls... ... ... Eh. Good nig~~ day...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Given Quilladin's 'shell' implying maybe a Grass/Steel 3rd evo, and the name Frogadier implying a Water/Fighting 3rd evo, this would make the type effectiveness go in both directions:

Makes a lot of sense.

Huh, that does seem pretty plausible.

Just like the ugly lion where so sure it was going to turn into a badass Manticore instead of the derpiest Lion in history. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I don't have to hold my breath on an already good design. :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
obvious troll is obvious... (not you, him)

Well... uh... They are female, DUH! Everything female is always 100 times better!
(Not joking here, really how I think)
Haha my comment was horrible, I meant how come the female pokemon designs are so much better.
Because it's irrelevant. It doesn't even deserve the attention. ;)

Hey, out of topic a bit, but Am I the only one to see the unusual amount of juniors in these threads!? Has there been a fresh batch recently?
I have been a Junior for a LOOONG time now, but it's the first time I actually converse with more than one at the same time in a thread!

lol true

Dr. Buni

Makes a lot of sense.

Quilladin would be unable to hit Braixen with SE attacks though, since Braixen's Fire-type nullifies the Steel SE against Fairy. Still, Steel/Fairy/Fighting is much better than that Dark/Psychic/Fighting crap.

Nah, she is the Champion. They aren't even subtle about it, honestly.
I can see she being the champion. She is like the polar opposite of Cynthia in terms of design, btw.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That new ability that turns normal attacks into ice type ones is damn good. Ice-type Return? Giga Impact? Hyper Beam? I said goddamn!

Elfteiroh

That is so sexist :/
and also the absolute truth

Eh, I'm a guy, and even me I can see the superiority of our female overlords!
No, really I am for equality, but female designs are usually much more imaginative (except the GenV bird... Goddamn the female was plain)

Top Bottom