• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Wow, look at these new Pokemon plushies! Dunno what species they are but they sure look cool.
hAB3J5K.jpg

I've always felt that Pokémon designs in general are more appealing to me. Naturally cute. And tends to stay that way for the most part when it comes to not-fully-evolved Pokémon, and even then, there are some fully-evolved Pokémon that are absolute cuties. Hehe.

So from the new movie trailer:

Goodra is nowhere to be seen so people are thinking it might be leaving the team? :[

A Torchic, Noibat and a Snorlax appear. So two new captures and one return?

Jessie's Pumpakboo might be evolving?!?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well it's not like the doc was interested in her. Poor Wobbuffett though. Bros before hoes I guess.

JoeM86

Getting a haircut isn't really on the same level as dropping one of the main characters from the show.

Is Ash changing his clothes at the start of the saga a change in the status quo?

True, and yes :p

To be fair, if we hadn't had known about it being in the movie short, there would have been a logical reason to think at least Wobbuffet was leaving.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Finally watched the 17th movie in subs.

Honestly, while nothing spectacular, I say it's not really a bad film. At worst it's a mediocre film. At best it's a comfy film. It's really just fun to see Pokemon and humans interacting in the background, especially inside malls or stuff. The film is very magical girl-ish though.

With that said it could have really been a better film if Yveltal wasn't involved. It felt like tacked on.

Busaiku

Alright, finally starting the serious undertaking to complete my Pokedex.
Gonna start off with getting everything in Alpha Sapphire before I start transferring and trading, but I'm already mostly done, just a few more legendaries and Porygon left.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can we please get themes for different Gens Nintendo? I would love to rock a Gen II Lugia/Ho-oh theme.

So the next Pokémon game will likely be announced in the next 3 months, so I thought it'd be fun if we tried to guess when it will be announced, when it will release and what it will be. Follow this format and I'll keep track, then when the game is announced we can see how we all fared.

GAME
ANNOUNCE
RELEASE

So I'll go first

GAME
Pokemon Yellow "pseudo" remake (based on Yellow, but with massive changes beyond any remake)
ANNOUNCE
Announced at E3 2015
RELEASE
Releases February 2016

GAME
Z/XY2 (with elements from ORAS(Emerald?))
ANNOUNCE
January 2016
RELEASE
Spring 2016

Joe's theory hasn't seemed to have been broken yet, especially since Hoopa Unbound is in ORAS' code and seems like it's being saved for closer to the movie's release instead of being a pre-order bonus. There's also the issue of Zygarde being weaker than Yveltal and Xerneas is similar to Kyurem's situation. Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves also need to be released so I don't think Kalos is done yet.

The Battle Frontier being developed in ORAS was strange seeing as they could've just left it out. I know Masuda said something along the lines that people found it too hard but I don't really buy it, but this part is just random speculation.

GAMES
Inferno Red and Verdant Green
ANNOUNCED
E3 2015
RELEASED
February 2016

Kanto and the Sevii Islands, all spruced up in full 3D for the twentieth anniversary of the series. New Megas, plot and areas.

Then I see us getting X2Y2 at the end of next year, as a last hurrah for the 3DS and to tie up Gen VI.

GAME
Pokémon Black 3 and White 3
ANNOUNCE
Towards the end of 2015
RELEASE
Spring 2016

Just thinking of silliness (and the fun things) that could happen, if, say, Black and White got turned into a trilogy!

Also, first to get 60 FPS battles, in the spirit of Gen 5. Too bad you'll need to get a new game!

GAMES
Inferno Red and Verdant Green
ANNOUNCED
E3 2015
RELEASED
February 2016

Kanto and the Sevii Islands, all spruced up in full 3D for the twentieth anniversary of the series. New Megas, plot and areas.

Then I see us getting X2Y2 at the end of next year, as a last hurrah for the 3DS and to tie up Gen VI.
Pretty much what I think for a Yellow remake, also I mostly agree with you on X2Y2/Z, but I think that will come around February 2017 to give it a year gap from the previous game.

Nightbird

I think they are going to do something entirely different.
I don't recall where i read it, but i think there was an Interview with someone from Game Freak where they said that they want to suprise the Fans with the next Game.

I don't think that a Remake/Remaster or a third Version is going to be a big Suprise. And to keep it in Line with Joe's Theory, i suppose it's going to be announced at E3 (i'm absolut sure we are going to at least have an announcement this year) with release in January-March 2016

harmonize

GAMES
Red/Green/Blue/Yellow remakes
ANNOUNCED
Between May 2015 and early June 2015 (E3)
RELEASED
Between November 2015 - February 2016

Updated Kanto to include all the mega evolutions and plot changes that comes with them, as well as changing and expanding on the region in some way. As obvious as it would be to release them on their twentieth anniversary, I could see it dropping at the end of this year to avoid missing the holiday season.

Cheebo

Banned
It's going to be Red/Green remakes. No question. FR/LG is now technically the oldest game in the franchise not remade. It's the only entry in the franchise not playable on 3DS.

tauroxd

It's going to be Red/Green remakes. No question. FR/LG is now technically the oldest game in the franchise not remade. It's the only entry in the franchise not playable on 3DS.

But why should they do that? Wouldn't the better course of action be to have a game like Black 2 and White 2 but for X and Y or a third version, like Z?

I keep people saying that Red and Green will have another remake and I relly don't see the signs... The next remake should be Diamond and Pearl one on the next Nintendo handheld.

And reading this thread it made me remember that I'm on my way to the 3rd Gym on Omega Ruby... I bought it on day 1 but some others game kept me from playing it. It makes me very sad to read that its endgame is as barren as X and Y :( is it?

Caladrius

But why should they do that? Wouldn't the better course of action be to have a game like Black 2 and White 2 but for X and Y or a third version, like Z?

I keep people saying that Red and Green will have another remake and I relly don't see the signs... The next remake should be Diamond and Pearl one on the next Nintendo handheld.

20th anniversary of the franchise in Japan is this year, and if they have any excuse to squeeze more out of Gen 1's udders, they'll do it. As someone else said, Red and Green also aren't playable in any form on the 3DS.

DP remakes (unfortunately) probably aren't going to come until 2017 or later, unless they really want to release remakes 3 years in a row (DP came out in 2006, so 2016 would be 10th anniversary for those games)

20th anniversary of the franchise in Japan is this year, and if they have any excuse to squeeze more out of Gen 1's udders, they'll do it. As someone else said, Red and Green also aren't playable in any form on the 3DS.

DP remakes (unfortunately) probably aren't going to come until 2017 or later, unless they really want to release remakes 3 years in a row (DP came out in 2006, so 2016 would be 10th anniversary for those games)

February 2016.

And reading this thread it made me remember that I'm on my way to the 3rd Gym on Omega Ruby... I bought it on day 1 but some others game kept me from playing it. It makes me very sad to read that its endgame is as barren as X and Y :( is it?

The only thing that puts ORAS above XY in terms of endgame to me is the sheer amount of legendaries you can get, but yes ORAS has next to no post-game to speak of. Delta Episode is pure "meh" but it's not nearly as bad as that Looker bullshit in XY.

The only thing that puts ORAS above XY in terms of endgame to me is the sheer amount of legendaries you can get, but yes ORAS has next to no post-game to speak of. Delta Episode is pure "meh" but it's not nearly as bad as that Looker bullshit in XY.

Yous be crazy, the Looker Quest and Delta Episode are both great.

Top Bottom