• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Firestorm

That is very erroneous. You can do battles between the two, but players with ORAS cannot use Mega Evolutions/Primal Reversions introduced in it against those players.
Right. So let's just tell everyone at the tournament they can't use the new Mega Evolutions.

Kazzy

Can anyone link me to a comprehensive list of all the Pokemon TCG sets? Started collecting them again recently, and would like something to keep tabs on them with.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Can anyone link me to a comprehensive list of all the Pokemon TCG sets? Started collecting them again recently, and would like something to keep tabs on them with.

Bulbapedia is probably a decent start, though another website might have a better formatted list. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game

Sections 4 and 5 list and link to all the English sets from Wizards of the Coast and Nintendo, and Section 6 has the Japanese sets.

Caladrius

Serebii.net or Bulbapedia both have them. Serebii's is faster, while Bulbapedia has higher-res card art and a Japanese card list that goes much further back (I assume you're collecting more current JP sets, so it makes little practical difference).

Edit: Greninja'd

Kazzy

Bulbapedia is probably a decent start, though another website might have a better formatted list. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Trading_Card_Game

Sections 4 and 5 list and link to all the English sets from Wizards of the Coast and Nintendo, and Section 6 has the Japanese sets.

Cool, I'm collecting the Japanese sets, so will take a look!

The latest shiny that I got today!

3LyqkeL.jpg

Isn't PokeBeach a more comprehensive card site?

They have the most simplest way of looking through sets (even if they do have some broken images for some of the older sites). Some stuff like promos might be buried in the news articles though.

But I would say Bulbapedia and Serebii has them in lists instead of images (for at least the newer sets) but all three work well.

So I came across a video of a very obscure Gen I glitch. Remember how in Gen I+II haze would heal the opponents status effect but not yours (Gen I haze is OP, it breaks screens too). If the opponent used a multi-turn move move (e.g. rage, petal dance) and gets put to sleep or frozen during those, upon being healed by haze their turn will be completely skipped (as the game take it that they've selected no move) until they switch out.

Daemul

Just watched Cocoon of Destruction, (English sub of course, ain't nobody got time for the awful dub), and damn it was good, far better than any of of BW movies.

Diancie solidified herself as number one girl of the franchise, she was a very good protagonist.

The Carbinks were entertaining, lots of comedy involved with those guys.

Yveltal, my main man, wrecked shit like I expected, and outright murdered people after they woke him from his slumber. Best part of the film was when the villains simultaneously fired dozens of rockets at him and he shrugged them all off like a boss and destroyed their aircraft with one hit. #rekt

Xerneas, mother nature, she was a powerful presence throughout the film and her healing of the forest at the end was beautiful to see.

Human characters. Ain't nobody care about them, we watch the movies and the anime for the Pokemon, so lets move on.

Mega Absol is broken is y'all, took out the flying wrestler in one hit. Them Angel wings though......Gamefreak pls.

The fully evolved starters were interesting, if not underused, but my man Greninja shone the brightest out of them all, no surprise really, since he is the best.

Aegislash and Doublade got the short end of the stick though, Doublade was a cameraman and Aegislash was a taxi. They could have been used a lot more.

Overall, the movie was good and kept me entertained, and I'm looking forward to the Legend v Legend movie in a few months, but for now, I'll give Cocoon of Destruction a high 8.5/10.

Dr. Buni

Being better than the BW movies doesn't mean much. I found the Diancie movie really boring tbh. The starters being used by the villains was the best part.

Edit: I actually liked the Keldeo movie more than Diancie's.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Watch it with subs.

I honestly I liked it, Yveltal aside. Rarely do you actually get the legendary of the film get some goal, character development, or personality.

Daemul

The Buizel line continues to establish itself as the coolest group of motherfuckers that have ever lived.

tumblr_nh97htGgh01sr6y44o1_500.gif

or have Iris of all characters be the one to try and teach him

The difference between anime Iris and game Iris is staggering. They dun fucked up with her in the show.

Assault

Hi guys, the last Pokémon game I played was Diamond (around 7 years ago, I think). I want to get back into the series, but I'm only prepared to buy one game. I'm a bit unsure if I should go for X/Y or the newest remakes. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Junahu

Hi guys, the last Pokémon game I played was Diamond (around 7 years ago, I think). I want to get back into the series, but I'm only prepared to buy one game. I'm a bit unsure if I should go for X/Y or the newest remakes. Any advice would be much appreciated!
I'd go with Y to get the best idea of which direction the series is moving in, but it's a tough decision all around. The new remakes have more stuff, but they are still remakes; old adventures with the new-gen sheen.

XY
Trainer customisation (you can buy and wear different clothes, so you don't have to look like every other player)
Rollerskates (a new mode of travel that takes advantage of the circle pad's analogue controls)
450+ Pokemon to catch in the region (including a large number that will be entirely new to you)
2 starter pokemon

Alpha Saphire Omega Ruby
Soaring (Flying around a 3d map of the region)
Contests
Secret Bases (create a little personalised room and share it with others. Other players can fight an AI controlled version of your team)
DexNav (the ability to manually search for pokemon you've already encountered)
A buttload of legendary pokemon to catch
A super sastisfying post-game episode
*The community has mostly migrated to these games (they're cross compatable with XY, but XY can't get some of the mega stones that the new games have)

Assault

Thank you! I will probably get X (or Y) first then, and then buy the newer games later down the line. It's just that I remember putting a lot of hours into Diamond, and I don't really want to go overboard with multiple Pokémon games at the same time.

Unless there's a Pokemon plushy game, no.

Pokemon plushes are a huge thing though. I'd also be down for a Wii U Pokemon game where the Pokemon are plush if they all looked as good as the Greninja Substitute from Smash.

Also I didn't even think about it, but since there are Amiibo cards maybe we could see some Amiibo functionality in the TCG, kinda like the old eReader cards.

Firestorm

Also I didn't even think about it, but since there are Amiibo cards maybe we could see some Amiibo functionality in the TCG, kinda like the old eReader cards.
That was my thought yesterday after I got over the diabolical genius of an Animal Crossing game powered by collectible microtransactions. RIP friends' wallets.

today's episode was very megaman, although looks like Pokemon is pandering to the robo meido crowd now

exu11LO.jpg

ppxoUbC.jpg

also taco baguettes? wat

dat Clemont gym battle hype
I... I don't... what?

That was my thought yesterday after I got over the diabolical genius of an Animal Crossing game powered by collectible microtransactions. RIP friends' wallets.

Depending on what the cards did I might actually buy Pokemon TCG cards again if they were amiibo cards. It'd also be nice because it would mean it wouldn't be next to impossible to get the Amiibo for Pokemon since they'd just be regular TCG cards.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I... I don't... what?

Ash and Clemont were about to start their gym battle when Jenny cockblocks them because Clembot was accused of criminal charges (one of which involving changing mannequins into swimwear) and so the robot got locked up. Clemont, his friends, Alexa, and Meyer talk about how Clembot couldn't be behind it while Alexa uttered something about BatBlazikenman helping out to solve the case, Bruce Wayne Meyer denied it while Ash said he was real.

So Clemont used his uberhax skills and figured out someone stole his design by Doctor Wily voiced by Seto Kaiba's JP VA who created Protoman Bass Zero Black Clembot who destroyed a warehouse full of servers because evil and Team Rocket wanted to catch it for some odd reason.

Clemont bailed out Clembot and helped out in finding the culprit. XY Ash being the XY protagonist hid in the shadows and immediately noticed a middle aged man and a robot running in not!Louvre and called out Clemont on it. Clembot and Black Clembot did a Pokemon battle and shoot pokeballs from their arms like Megaman. Something about Robots being able to fight with Pokemon and how Dr. Wily's "muh strongest robot" shit happened. And Team Rocket appeared out of nowhere to steal Black Clembot but then Blazikenman appeared and destroyed their balloon.

So Dr. Wily and Clemont fought next and lost and Jenny arrested him while Blazikenman ran around the rooftops while Alexa acted like Lois Lane Vicky Vale an intrepid reporter.

So the day is saved and they all eat at Clemont's house while somehow Clembot became a robot maid, blushed at the news, and became all flustered. Oh right and the last episode had Clemont invent a robot maid prototype that looked like a Gothitelle.

THEN BROBOWL HYPE.

Oh yeah the mannequin crime scene looks like this
mNidIOC.png

Ygmcu6H.jpg

Started watching the first 10 episodes of the Pokemon X & Y series in Latin American dub. Loved all the voices. <3 I thought Bonnie would be really annoying but she's actually pretty fun. Rocket Team still as good as always. Clemont is awesome!
RftA_Ema_Skye_Taking_Notes_3.gif

"FOR SCIENCE!" Gotta love those kind of characters. Though I do find it weird that he doesn't know personally the first gym leader or the professor of Kalos. And wow, his friendship with Ash is really well-written (imo), over the course of the series I'm sure they'll be best friends. I also love Serena. <3 I'm looking forward to what she decides to be in the future. Also is it me or have they caught a lot of Pokémon even though it's just the beginning of the series? Haha.

Daemul

Man, every time I see you guys using Eureka's and Citron's English names it takes me a few seconds to figure out just who the hell you're talking about. The downside of not watching the dub I guess.

BW/Unova/Gen 5 had so many cool characters and locations and it's like the anime producers just looked at all of it and said "nah"

I'm waiting to see what the producers are going to do with Serena. (My memory is failing right now) In the game she was a strong will, determine character who wanted to get strong and was ultimately able to Mega Evolve her Absol (if I remember that correctly).

She also seemed to view the main character as a friend/rival but in the anime she sees Ash as a crush and choose to follow a path that wouldn't make her his rival.

Ash also doesn't have that main rival that he had in the previous series. I wonder if they're going to leave that out for X and Y.

I can't even watch the English dub of the main series anymore, and it's not because I like the Japanese version too much or anything.

The dubbing job in Pokemon Origins just blows the main series out of the water. It was absolutely fantastic. Going from that to the main Pokemon anime is so depressing.

And yeah, Black/White anime was really bad. It pisses me off that they really screwed over one of my favourite Pokemon screentime wise as well. I thought Reuniclus was a pretty popular Pokemon (it got number 4 in some sort of magazine poll, I think) and it was fodder in tournaments and it had a...decent role in those two movies, I suppose. Gothitelle had way too much screentime though.

Top Bottom