• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Busaiku

So Goodra is Ash's fastest fully evolved Pokemon, after Butterfree, but it's the Pokemon that evolves at the highest level.
Also seeing Raichu and Dedenne together really makes you think Raichu is Dedenne's evolution than Pikachu's, lol
I wish there were some way to retcon that, without raising eyebrows.
Get rid of that worthless thing already.

My hope for Gen VII is Dedenne having a yellow/red evolution for another Buterfree/Venomoth swapped at birth thing.

Did Game Freak ever comment about the Venonat-Butterfree relation. It got really weird after Gen III when they both shared abilities. Caterpie and Venomoth as well. I doubt it would matter though because at this point, they'll probably deny it like the Mew and Ditto thing.

Daemul

Goddamn Goodra, making me proud. Ash finally has a fully evolved pseudo legendary, and the rest of his team is coming along very nicely, and if he get's something like Aegislash, he will own.

Mind you, I bet the writers will still find a bullshit way for him to lose the league.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Live streams where and how?

I've never bothered to learn or follow live streams other then what I can see on PS live so it's still new to me. Can you make a recommendation to start me off?

Well it comes out in 7pm Japan time thursdays so there's that.

Azuran

Banned
Goddamn Goodra, making me proud. Ash finally has a fully evolved pseudo legendary, and the rest of his team is coming along very nicely, and if he get's something like Aegislash, he will own.

Mind you, I bet the writers will still find a bullshit way for him to lose the league.

I want to believe but after the Tobias bullshit we all gotta come to terms that he's never winning and therefore, our childhoods will never be vindicated.

I hate you Ash.

Daemul

jesxj.jpg

Bulbasaur

Banned
They're holding a VGC in my city next month. I looked at the rules and only OR/AS games are accepted. No X/Y is kind of shitty if you ask me. Obviously I haven't moved on from X yet.

JoeM86

They're holding a VGC in my city next month. I looked at the rules and only OR/AS games are accepted. No X/Y is kind of shitty if you ask me. Obviously I haven't moved on from X yet.

Well because it involves new Mega Evolutions, it has to be ORAS only else there's compatibility issues.

Firestorm

They never patched XY with the new Megas and such so you can't actually do battles between the two. The tournaments have always required use of the newest games in the franchise. Gotta at least pretend to make that $$$$

JoeM86

They never patched XY with the new Megas and such so you can't actually do battles between the two. The tournaments have always required use of the newest games in the franchise. Gotta at least pretend to make that $$$$

That is very erroneous. You can do battles between the two, but players with ORAS cannot use Mega Evolutions/Primal Reversions introduced in it against those players.

Dr. Buni

Goodra leaving is a good thing, so it doesn't steal Hawlucha's screen time (Frogadier will do that instead).

Anyways, does anyone know where I can find a Gothita with the Shadow Tag ability?

Goodra leaving is a good thing, so it doesn't steal Hawlucha's screen time (Frogadier will do that instead).

Anyways, does anyone know where I can find a Gothita with the Shadow Tag ability?

So is Goodra leaving permanently or just for some training like Charizard or Gliscor?

It kind of sucks that whenever Ash starts gaining momentum the directors shoots him in the knee.

Dr. Buni

So is Goodra leaving permanently or just for some training like Charizard or Gliscor?

It kind of sucks that whenever Ash starts gaining momentum the directors shoots him in the knee.
I don't think we know the reason for Goodra leaving yet, if it does in fact leave.

They didn't shoot him in the knee in DP... Well, until the penultimate episode, that is. I'd like to see Ash with a great team like his DP team again, but preferably without a pseudo legendary.

Boss Doggie

btw this Goodra is so broken as a Sliggoo he summoned rain, nay, a storm, to evolve

Wasn't Goodra from a wartorn area.
Maybe it goes back to help the troops.

He did see his friends burn in flames.

No seriously, his recent 'nam flashback is seeing a bunch of water types get engulfed in flames.

c8e.gif

When I saw that clip it seriously shocked me. I never thought I'd see anything like that in Pokemon. That must've been traumatizing as hell. Poor Goodra. :(

I really hope it doesn't leave...and if it does, the Gliscor route is the best direction.

JoeM86

He did see his friends burn in flames.

No seriously, his recent 'nam flashback is seeing a bunch of water types get engulfed in flames.

c8e.gif

Water-type Pokémon.

Fire.

I don't get that...the show is inconsistent

When the fire started, I was just sat wondering why Wartortle didn't do anything, and why Ash didn't call on Frogadier.

Boss Doggie

Water-type Pokémon.

Fire.

I don't get that...the show is inconsistent

When the fire started, I was just sat wondering why Wartortle didn't do anything, and why Ash didn't call on Frogadier.

I can excuse Frogadier since he's not really a "water cannon" type. Tierno however is a shitty trainer as we've joked around lol

Koren

I'm usually so far behind the times that I never posted here (and only followed the thread from times to times)...

But in my quest to finish the dex (mostly missing ~30 legendaries, a dozen of starters and a couple of pokemons only appearing in mirage spots in ORAS), I decided to start some serious breeding for the first time, and began building a stronger breloom false-swiper, and the 29th egg that hatched was a shiny 4IV (x/31/31/x/31/31) shroomish with quick feet (which will turn into a technician breloom if I'm right). Lax, unfortunately, and no bullet seed egg move, but that's still a nice surprise, probably my first usable shiny.

Probably basic stuff for many hardcore pokemon players here, but I'm really happy and I wanted to say it ^_^

Daemul

You know a trainer is terrible when they have a Raichu.

Raichu is ok, but there always seems to be something emotionally off about most of them in the anime, probably due to their out of control electrical levels.

Nah, you know a trainer is terrible when they refuse to evolve their Pokémon and let it rot forever as a Pikachu.

The decision to evolve isn't really up to Ash tbh, it's been said before that the decision to evolve is up to the Pokemon. He wanted Pikachu to evolve a couple of times back in the OG series, but Pikachu said "Hell no", same with Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and Ash had to deal.

So i finally beat the my copy of OR/AS but i wanna start over with a new team. Can anyone help me gather the follow pokes with advantageous natures:

Hidden ability Torchic
Tyraunt (any cool breeding moves would be awesome)
Protean Froakie (could you also slap icebeam on this sucker)
Gastly (could you teach it sludge bomb)
Elekid w/ cross chop and the elemental punches would be badass
Hidden Ability eevee to make an espeon

Im making an assumption that since these games have been out for so long that many of you probably have these pokes (and tms) simply laying around in boxes. So dont think im asking for people to breed crazy shit for my benefit.

The only things of value i can offer are my latios (bold) and my groudon that i can give away before i reset my game.

Koren

Im making an assumption that since these games have been out for so long that many of you probably have these pokes (and tms) simply laying around in boxes. So dont think im asking for people to breed crazy shit for my benefit.
I don't have anything laying in box, but since I just started full-scale breeding, I can breed something for you if noone can provide you what you want. Eevees with hidden abilities are probably the easiest, and Tyrunt is doable, too (don't know which moves are welcome, though, Ice fang for coverage?). Not sure if I have everything for the others, but I can check.

I don't have anything laying in box, but since I just started full-scale breeding, I can breed something for you if noone can provide you what you want. Eevees with hidden abilities are probably the easiest, and Tyrunt is doable, too (don't know which moves are welcome, though, Ice fang for coverage?). Not sure if I have everything for the others, but I can check.

Uh...sure, man. Like i said i dont want anyone to have to go out of their way.

I dont know what tyrunt can even get. I was thinking stone edge, dragon dance, and ice or thunder fang.

Top Bottom