• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Is it just me or does the move name "Thousand Arrows" make me want to see the move doing exactly 1,000 damage by way of 1,000 separate hits? (Yeah, I know if we just did it the Pokémon way, there would be an eternity of battle messages and waits, but still...)

And make it a contact move so each hit activates Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Rocky Helmet.

Here's an interesting thought.

Take a look at the Mega Evolution Act III logo:
2u2CU1W.jpg

Now tell me the colours of the 'III' part. "Red and blue!", you say, and you instantly think "Right, the colours of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire". Great.

Now take a look at the Mega Evolution Act IV logo:
Ft8aTZO.png

"Red and green?!" That's right. And not just any red and green. Let me remind you that the 20th Anniversary is next year. Whether or not Gen 7 comes along, it should be safe to assume we're seeing Kanto in 2016.

Well this is something. If this is true, maybe we'll get an announcement this year after all seeing as Act VI doesn't come out until Autumn. Although I don't think the actual games would release this year.

harmonize

And III's red looks like the shade from Ruby/Groudon, while IV's looks more like the one from Red/FireRed.

The first time they used the Red/Green contrast in an anime title this generation:

zgYVJjl.png

If they really are remaking/re-imagining Red and Green I hope they at least give you a Pikachu as a gift early on that follows you.

Or just bring back Pokemon following you. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You guys do know that Mega Evo IV is set back in Kalos right? Also it could be the end because Alain mentions it is the climax.

Wait, the least interesting metagame since 2011 is better than the most interesting metagame in... likely ever?

Well I based that on hearsay since I never really played much in meta. Since apparently there wasn't much banning, Knockoff aside.

Then again the ones I asked aren't strictly referring to VGC so there's that.

Nightbird

Here's an interesting thought.

Take a look at the Mega Evolution Act III logo:
2u2CU1W.jpg

Now tell me the colours of the 'III' part. "Red and blue!", you say, and you instantly think "Right, the colours of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire". Great.

Now take a look at the Mega Evolution Act IV logo:
Ft8aTZO.png

"Red and green?!" That's right. And not just any red and green. Let me remind you that the 20th Anniversary is next year. Whether or not Gen 7 comes along, it should be safe to assume we're seeing Kanto in 2016.

Intresting Theory indeed!

But to be honest, i don't really care about Kanto anymore. This is something that still can change though.

Caladrius

Turkeybird doesn't deserve a Mega Evolution until its superior counterpart gets one. Hehe.

I too can't wait for Supreme Dialga
And mostly D/P remakes in General. Especially Mega-Giratina.

Mmmmmmmm

Flareon to finally learn Flare Blitz! Sacred Fire! V-Create!

They'll make a new attack as strong as the old explosion was.

To balance it, Flareon's attack stat is now reduced to 65 and flareon is now part-rock

I too can't wait for Supreme Dialga
And mostly D/P remakes in General. Especially Mega-Giratina.

Mmmmmmmm

God I hope D/P remakes base themselves off of Platinum. With ORAS it wasn't a huge deal to me that they based them on the originals and not Emerald because Emerald was only a little better than R/S, Platinum on the other hand is outstanding while D/P are pretty bad.

ash_ag

God I hope D/P remakes base themselves off of Platinum. With ORAS it wasn't a huge deal to me that they based them on the originals and not Emerald because Emerald was only a little better than R/S, Platinum on the other hand is outstanding while D/P are pretty bad.

While Platinum featured the brilliantly-executed Distortion World, plot-wise Emerald had more significant changes in my opinion. The opposite team's attitude in RS/ORAS is tremendously disappointing. There's no real rivalry to speak, and their leader is pretty incompetent and aimless. Emerald's dynamic of both teams working towards their goal spiced up the plot and characters nicely. And the climax of Groudon vs. Kyogre was really satisfying, in that it gave flesh to the legend (rather than leaving it in words) and added real, immediate danger in Hoenn, rather than a slowly-progressing one. Sigh. The ORAS main-quest was as half-baked as it was 12 years before -- in spite of having been fixed through Emerald.

In the topic of DP remakes (well, they better be sequels this time :p), one thing that sucked about Dialga and Palkia was that (unlike Giratina), their powers stayed in the Pokédex entry's text. When we get to revisit Sinnoh, I hope the plot features some heavy space-time manipulation. Ironically, in spite of DPPt being reasonably "spiritualistic" in thematology, their Legendary Pokémon have the most potential to pull off a Sci-Fi plot. It would really be interesting to see an interplanetary Pokémon adventure.

While Platinum featured the brilliantly-executed Distortion World, plot-wise Emerald had more significant changes in my opinion. The opposite team's attitude in RS/ORAS is tremendously disappointing. There's no real rivalry to speak, and their leader is pretty incompetent and aimless. Emerald's dynamic of both teams working towards their goal spiced up the plot and characters nicely. And the climax of Groudon vs. Kyogre was really satisfying, in that it gave flesh to the legend (rather than leaving it in words) and added real, immediate danger in Hoenn, rather than a slowly-progressing one. Sigh. The ORAS main-quest was as half-baked as it was 12 years before -- in spite of having been fixed through Emerald.

In the topic of DP remakes (well, they better be sequels this time :p), one thing that sucked about Dialga and Palkia was that (unlike Giratina), their powers stayed in the Pokédex entry's text. When we get to revisit Sinnoh, I hope the plot features some heavy space-time manipulation. Ironically, in spite of DPPt being reasonably "spiritualistic" in thematology, their Legendary Pokémon have the most potential to pull off a Sci-Fi plot. It would really be interesting to see an interplanetary Pokémon adventure.

I'm not talking story, the massive improvements in Platinum were in every facet of the game, especially the pacing. D/P are a slog to get through, Platinum is not. D/P are my absolute least favorite main series Pokemon games, Platinum is in my top 3, that is how massive the improvements were. When I say the remakes need to be based on Platinum I don't mean story at all, they could do exactly what they did in going from R/S to ORAS for the story and I wouldn't mind(as long as they do a post game story for Giratina), when I say it needs to be based on Platinum I mean everything else.
As for the story improvements in Emerald I honestly disagree. Emerald's story just flip-flops between Ruby and Sapphire until the end and then gives you an extremely anticlimactic end to the Aqua VS Magma plot. ORAS focuses on each team individually and fleshes them out more than in any of the Gen III games and has a climax that feels much more fulfilling. The only things I would say Emerald truly has over ORAS would be the trainer teams(especially the gym leaders), the ability to rematch gym leaders and the Battle Frontier(which I personally don't care about).

Busaiku

After I beat the Unova League, I figured I would go back to Heart Gold to catch a bunch of the Pokemon I missed (the cats, most of Safari Zone, various other things).
I went back and got Suicune. I gave up after that.

Like the next week, I got rid of Heart Gold.
I didn't even transfer every Pokemon, just like the legendaries.

Daemul

Yeah, as much as I love Platinum and HeartGold I just cannot go back and play them anymore. Too many improvements were made in BW which just made previous generations obsolete.

Talking about BW, someone on /vp/ linked this image in the Anime discussion(read frames from top to bottom).

I had completely forgotten(intentionally) how bad Satoshi was during his battle with Kamitsure. I mean, he was pretty bad throughout his entire stay in Unova, but this was a whole other level of incompetence. Even Pikachu had enough of his stupidity.

Busaiku

Gamefreak really needs to revamp the OT system.
With Black/White till now, this should've been done through Global Link.
Like registering your games through Global Link recognizes you as the OT, and should allow you to like rename Pokemon and such.

Going forward, there's also Pokemon Bank, and probably Nintendo's account system as well.
It'll be unacceptable if we're not recognized as the OTs in future games.

backlot

Gamefreak really needs to revamp the OT system.
With Black/White till now, this should've been done through Global Link.
Like registering your games through Global Link recognizes you as the OT, and should allow you to like rename Pokemon and such.

Going forward, there's also Pokemon Bank, and probably Nintendo's account system as well.
It'll be unacceptable if we're not recognized as the OTs in future games.

Or they could just remove the restrictions on nicknaming Pokemon. That would be a lot easier to implement.

Yeah, as much as I love Platinum and HeartGold I just cannot go back and play them anymore. Too many improvements were made in BW which just made previous generations obsolete.

Talking about BW, someone on /vp/ linked this image in the Anime discussion(read frames from top to bottom).

I had completely forgotten(intentionally) how bad Satoshi was during his battle with Kamitsure. I mean, he was pretty bad throughout his entire stay in Unova, but this was a whole other level of incompetence. Even Pikachu had enough of his stupidity.

Jesus Christ, I had completely forgotten about this. It's a shame the Unova anime series was such garbage, since they're my favourite games.

I'm just curious, has anyone here ever gotten a team picture commissioned by an artist? I've showed 2 here in the past and there's a third one in the works. I like seeing them.

Top Bottom