• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Stage On

The real king of the ocean

kyogre7fb.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Please we all know Kingdra is the king of the seas.

Until the fairy type makes it's appearance. I can't believe Azumarill will be a hard counter :(

PK Gaming

Nah, he can only wear down Kingdra. Azumarill is fairy/water...poor Kingdra doesn't stand a chance...

Yeah kingdra kind of runs through ludicolo with its dragon-type moves, it doesn't really touch it at all. Azumarill is a different story though, getting through azumarill is going to be really, really hard. What can Kingdra even do to hurt Azumarill, Hidden Power Electric? :|

Azumarill is already set to be the best dragon killer ever, and tbh even though I love dragon-types, i'm kind of excited.

MikeMyers

Yeah kingdra kind of runs through ludicolo with its dragon-type moves, it doesn't really touch it at all. Azumarill is a different story though, getting through azumarill is going to be really, really hard. What can Kingdra even do to hurt Azumarill, Hidden Power Electric? :|

Azumarill is already set to be the best dragon killer ever, and tbh even though I love dragon-types, i'm kind of excited.

What OU Dragon's would be able to stand up? I imagine it couldn't repeatably switch into Fusion Bolt Kyruem-B...or mixed Rain Dragonite with Thunder?

I have no idea what Salamence can do.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah kingdra kind of runs through ludicolo with its dragon-type moves, but getting through azumarill will be really, really hard. What can Kingdra even do to hurt Azumarill, Hidden Power Electric?

This is my point. Azumarill is going to beast all over the current metagame. Stuff that you used to have to wear down is going to be vulnerable for the first time due to this.

On a personal note I'm going to need to redo my 6v6 team for the first time since Diamond and Pearl due to the fairy type.

What OU Dragon's would be able to stand up? I imagine it couldn't repeatably switch into Fusion Bolt Kyruem-B...or mixed Rain Dragonite with Thunder?

I have no idea what Salamence can do.

Get killed. If Azumarill is scarfed it stands no chance. The only shot it would have is a boosted Outrage (if it wasn't scarfed).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Apparently Poison and Steel, the latter will be neutral on Azumarill since Water resists Steel.

Wow, that's awesome. Poison has needed a buff for a while, being the thing to counter the dragon counter means we'll see a lot more of them around. Or at least moves like sludge bomb.

Stage On

Wow, that's awesome. Poison has needed a buff for a while, being the thing to counter the dragon counter means we'll see a lot more of them around. Or at least moves like sludge bomb.

Well it'd be nice for Steel types moves to be more useful as well too since offensively they've been a bit lacking.

Macka

I hate the idea of Azumarill suddenly being a staple of everyone's teams online. I love Marill but Azumarill is pretty average looking imo.

injurai

Banned
I hate the idea of Azumarill suddenly being a staple of everyone's teams online. I love Marill but Azumarill is pretty average looking imo.

I've always incorporated him over the years. I don't see why its a problem when people want to try out a newly changed pokemon

SeZMehK

I haven't been much of a competitive battler but I would like to become more active but I was just turned off due to the old community that I was in. The old pokemon "community" that I've participated in was at gamefaqs (bad choice looking back). After reading about this community and seeing everyone's interaction, I would love to become an active member of this community. I can not wait until pokemon x and y is released to get back into the love of pokemon that I have. Black 2 & White has really made it boring for me... :/

Zeroth

I haven't been much of a competitive battler but I would like to become more active but I was just turned off due to the old community that I was in. The old pokemon "community" that I've participated in was at gamefaqs (bad choice looking back). After reading about this community and seeing everyone's interaction, I would love to become an active member of this community. I can not wait until pokemon x and y is released to get back into the love of pokemon that I have. Black 2 & White has really made it boring for me... :/

Hey, welcome aboard! Please feel free to talk about anything Pokemon here, we have some competitive players but most of us are just Pokemon fans :p

Also, be sure to check the IRC channel linked in the OT when you can!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's not even Breaker, it's Break! It's also pretty stupid but this place already knows my opinion on TTGL and EVA :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People hatin' on Pikablu now? Pure power Superpower them!

It's "Breaka/Breaker" in Japan due to their obligation to end every word in a vowel.

Also your opinions on TTGL are objectively wrong.

iirc it ends in "kuu" and has been romanized as Break. :p

And nope. I defy their defiance!

It's funny how much love Gamefreak is giving the blue mouse. It went from a blue Pikachu clone evolution to gaining Huge Power, loving the physical/special split, learning a bunch of new physical moves (and not having to choose one or the other with silly breeding methods) and now it becomes a potent dragon destroyer.

Top Bottom