• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

This is a good site too: http://www.pokecheck.org/.
Since some event items are never released sometimes I make a custom file and attach the item to a pokemon and then send that pokemon over so I can at least partake in the event in a semi-legit manner. And yea I had the WPA2 problem as well. Easy to work around but still inconvenient.

Also, if any of you own Macs, this site will let you piggyback off of your laptop's internet connection.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Only the protagonist girl has a sensible design.The rival looks like he gets his hair styling tips from Luxray, and the male protagonist reminds me of a fucking tree. Speaking of trees, I don't see any in the background during the battles. Would have been cool to have pieces of the environment show up, oh well.

At least Pokémon smash was honest about the return of Eevee, can't say I hate it.

Little thumbnail at the bottom of a page shows old starters, and the professor is a fashion victim.

Since some event items are never released sometimes I make a custom file and attach the item to a pokemon and then send that pokemon over so I can at least partake in the event in a semi-legit manner. And yea I had the WPA2 problem as well. Easy to work around but still inconvenient.

Also, if any of you own Macs, this site will let you piggyback off of your laptop's internet connection.

Awesome, I missed Ash's Pikachu and Shiny Raikou, thanks.

Eevee should have been in Black/White. They had every evolution possible, but no start point unless you trade from a friend, since you don't even encounter one for GTS.

Firestorm

FYI these Pokemon have a ribbon them that flags them as hacked.

FYI these Pokemon have a ribbon them that flags them as hacked.

Oh I don't use them online or anything I just like having the opportunity to actually take part in the events. I still believe all event items should be obtainable in-game somehow. Even if it involved catching them all (well almost all) or linking with a friend or something.
But thanks.

Amazing how quick fanart has appeared for the new characters. I like the new girl's design, the guy's is okay but he could lose the tights.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
0b4dL.jpg

Kotone's evil murderous hair lives on.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I beat the main game of White, now onto the big-ass post game. But first, PokeTransfer fun!

Firestorm

I don't know. Considering official competitions is basically my reason for playing these games at this point I just stay away from it.

leroidys

I've discovered a new and expensive hobby. Catching all my legendaries with premier balls.

In other news, Unova dex complete! all 153 that can be attained so far at least, all legit. Now what? Play through Platinum? Breed shiny pokemon? Play something else? Hmmm... I kinda want to pick up saphire, that shits expensive though.

upandaway

I've discovered a new and expensive hobby. Catching all my legendaries with premier balls.

In other news, Unova dex complete! all 153 that can be attained so far at least, all legit. Now what? Play through Platinum? Breed shiny pokemon? Play something else? Hmmm... I kinda want to pick up saphire, that shits expensive though.
I found that trying to complete the battle facilities in Pokemon is the natural progression of everything because just by trying to grow the best team you can, you'll need to do effectively a part of every possible goal in the game. Aside from, like, contests or something.

And if you still don't feel like you've done enough when you're finished, you'll have a good idea of what's left to do in the game, because you've been everywhere.

Glass Rebel

Goddammit, the B/W2 trailer made me hyped again for Pokemon so I looked for my DS and Soul Silver copy (haven't bought B/W yet)...

but I can't find neither :(((((

Finally beat the E4 in Emerald. Next I wanna catch the legendaries and clone the fuck out of them. I also kinda wanna EV train a Groudon for some reason, too.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I guess this is the most appropriate place to put this:
ZPxju.png

Great artist, nice sex-change. Lavender Town never creeped me out. That's probably because the rumor didn't spread to French schools until a decade later when we were all 12th graders. The conscience plays nefarious tricks on cognitions.

I was wondering if I could breed these red-ribbon illegals with a ditto, and if their kin would also be considered illegal. After all is said and done, I plan to release the illegals.

survivor

Banned
Great artist, nice sex-change. Lavender Town never creeped me out. That's probably because the rumor didn't spread to French schools until a decade later when we were all 12th graders. The conscience plays nefarious tricks on cognitions.

I was wondering if I could breed these red-ribbon illegals with a ditto, and if their kin would also be considered illegal. After all is said and done, I plan to release the illegals.

what do you mean?

SMT

umm yes?

Even if the face fooled you, it was obvious from the clothes

You mean purple and teal? That's not very obvious, and she looked like a mischievous little brother type who likes to annoy everyone by playing guitar in the family garage.
Tons of punks where I'm at wear these color schemes, clothes aren't a definite giveaway either.
I just watched the trailer again, and the chest area is covered with text, so boobs were a negative at first glance.

twisted-sister-1.jpg

This was my first impression, ironically enough, she is female, like the band name 'twisted sister'.

SMT

How many boys do you see in pokemon with cleavage, while also wearing skirts?

Actually, the first time I saw her in a skirt was on here (fan-art), if that were not enough, we've got oddly-dressed characters in the series, don't deny.

Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver Music Super Complete V.S. Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen Music Super Complete???

Which wun do I buy?

Actually, the first time I saw her in a skirt was on here (fan-art), if that were not enough, we've got oddly-dressed characters in the series, don't deny.

Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver Music Super Complete V.S. Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen Music Super Complete???

Which wun do I buy?

FRLG Music > HGSS Music.

The remixes in FR/LG are pretty lacking for the most part, aims for some weird middle ground between the original style and R/S style that sounds off and a bit messy.
The gym battle theme being a good example for me at least, it's like half good and half what the hell were they thinking?! Still waiting for a great remake of this theme even after all these years.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently Homioka's appearance in the anime is a Gym Battle, which is interesting since we've already got titles indicating Ash'll fight Brycen, and we've seen Drayden already. Interested in what they're going to do with this.

She's also got Koffing, the first non-Unova Pokemon appearing in the show since Pikachu and Meowth.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Oh sorry Ash, forgot to tell you but to enter the Unova league you need 16 badges. kthx!"

They'd just be doing him a favor and giving him more time to prepare for how he gets screwed out of winning the title of Pokemon Champion, again.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think Fire Red and Leaf Green are probably my least-favorite mainline games...I disliked how the new evolutions were locked out, the extra stuff you had to do to get the National Dex, the lack of a proper Battle Tower, and the Ruby and Sapphire graphics and music were great for Hoenn, but looked weird when used for Kanto.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dex Progress: 143/646
Have 98 of the Unova Pokemon, will try to go for Johto and Sinnoh next due to the smaller amount compared to the others.

Top Bottom