• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

OMG Aero

So I just watched the recent episode of the cartoon and I don't know what the haters were talking about, I liked it.
It had Galvantula being awesome,
uhLCj.jpg

Joltik being adorable,
omg they are so tiny :3
xv2IN.jpg
LskRj.jpg
UAIbi.jpg

And Bianca being Bianca.
G2EvE.jpg

All of these are great things.

So I just watched the recent episode of the cartoon and I don't know what the haters were talking about, I liked it.
It had Galvantula being awesome,
http://i.imgur.com/uhLCj.jpg[IMG]

Joltik being adorable, [spoiler]omg they are so tiny :3[/spoiler]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xv2IN.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LskRj.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UAIbi.jpg[IMG]

And Bianca being Bianca.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G2EvE.jpg[IMG]

All of these are great things.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/pokemon/images/2/22/640px-Crustle_no_shell.png

The negatives outweigh the positives, my friend.

Pokemon evolve and get better. This is something you should have accepted by now.

Cilan hardly ever used Dwebble before anyway, most of the time he uses Pansage or his best Pokemon Stunfisk.
mmwOz.jpg

I dunno, I guess I just kind of hoped that Dwebble would be like Brock's Croagunk and stay the same for the entire season, but I suppose that was just a pipe dream.

Stunfisk looks so pathetic in that picture... I just want to give it a hug.

Pokemon evolve and get better. This is something you should have accepted by now.

I'd accept it if Dwebble got better. That doesn't happen.

Cilan hardly ever used Dwebble before anyway, most of the time he uses Pansage or his best Pokemon Stunfisk.

Dwebble/ Crustle is godlike for Cilan. The thing's only fainted once, and did so after taking two of
Skyla's
Pokémon out.

EDIT: Further details about the BW2 Japanese guides.

Of particular note is that the Pokédex gets its own releases, separate from the two guides we knew of already. Whatever the second guide is, it isn't a Pokédex.

Wiseblade

I'd accept it if Dwebble got better. That doesn't happen.

Dwebble/ Crustle is godlike for Cilan. The thing's only fainted once, and did so after taking two of
Skyla's
Pokémon out.

EDIT: Further details about the BW2 Japanese guides.

Of particular note is that the Pokédex gets its own releases, separate from the two guides we knew of already. Whatever the second guide is, it isn't a Pokédex.

How big is this game?

Wiseblade

Well, the only previous game to get this treatment was Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, and the second guide covered Kanto.

So; quite big, I'm imagining.

[insert my typical Johto/Gen II hate here. I'm too lazy to do it myself today]

But yeah, this game really is looking to be pretty large. There's one more CoroCoro between now and release, right? Maybe it'll reveal a larger than usual post game region. Any major islands off the Coast of NY? My US geography is rusty.

You know my feelings.

But yeah, this game really is looking to be pretty large. There's one more CoroCoro between now and release, right? Maybe it'll reveal a larger than usual post game region. Any major islands off the Coast of NY? My US geography is rusty.

They revealed the Sevii Islands about a week before FR/LG launched. I could imagine them doing something similar this time out, yeah.

Except Kanto had hardly anything to do in it in HGSS, so this isn't a sign of anything.

It got a second region, and had a large amount more postgame content than Black and White did. It's worthy of noting, even if it doesn't mean that BW2 have a new region or set of islands, or whatever.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

I've seen some interesting speculation that the World Tournament could perhaps take place on a Hawaii-style region. Mainly because it's between the US (Unova) and Japan in real life, and it would mimic the real life Pokemon World Tournament that takes place in Hawaii.

Plus the anime seems to hint it'll take place on an island or something as well since they're crossing the ocean to it apparently.

I've seen some interesting speculation that the World Tournament could perhaps take place on a Hawaii-style region. Mainly because it's between the US (Unova) and Japan in real life, and it would mimic the real life Pokemon World Tournament that takes place in Hawaii.

Plus the anime seems to hint it'll take place on an island or something as well since they're crossing the ocean to it apparently.

They go to Eastern Unova in the anime; Cynthia flies them over to Undella Town.

Hawaii would be a good call for a Sevii-style mini-region, though.

Korosenai

Just started my platinum nuzlocke challenge today. Just made it to jubilife city and fought my rival on route 203. I made one exception for my playthrough and that is no repeats (if i see a pokemon i already have, just skip it and keep going until i see a pokemon i havent captured). But for my next nuzlocke challenge, i wont be doing that.

So far i have a piplup, starly, biderp, and shinx.

Wiseblade

Just started my platinum nuzlocke challenge today. Just made it to jubilife city and fought my rival on route 203. I made one exception for my playthrough and that is no repeats (if i see a pokemon i already have, just skip it and keep going until i see a pokemon i havent captured). But for my next nuzlocke challenge, i wont be doing that.

So far i have a piplup, starly, biderp, and shinx.

You have already won.

MikeMyers

I revisited GSC and actually agree it didn't age well. The levels are all over the place, and they seemed more interested in the Kanto Pokemon instead of trying to "sell" the fact that Johto had new Pokemon.

Like how Sabrina's Alakazam is Level 48 in GSC, yet in Yellow (3 years prior) it was Level 50.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I revisited GSC and actually agree it didn't age well. The levels are all over the place, and they seemed more interested in the Kanto Pokemon instead of trying to "sell" the fact that Johto had new Pokemon.

Like how Sabrina's Alakazam is Level 48 in GSC, yet in Yellow (3 years prior) it was Level 50.

Yellow ain't canon. In RGB it's 43.

Watch Da Birdie

The new Opening debuting for Best Wishes 2 is called "Be an Arrow". It's sung by Rica Matsumoto, and you can hear it playing in the Best Wishes 2 preview.

6k7dX.jpg

Here's a picture from it. You can see Caitlyn, Cynthia, Alder, Drayden, and Shizui atop the tower.

Watch Da Birdie

This is the first Opening Iris and Cilan have been in. :p

It was pretty weird back when the Ending was BW Ierukana, because, like, literally the human characters didn't appear at all outside the actual episode.

The Best Wishes opening is so terrible. Any opening which loses any novelty or point 15 episodes in to its 86 episode stint really isn't worth doing, and the CGI is much less attractive than dynamic 2D animation.

When the hastily hacked-together Rival Destinies opening is much better than the original opening, you know they fucked up.

Watch Da Birdie

The first American opening for Best Wishes, "Black and White", is a pretty cool song...especially the full version in the movie.

I actually like it a bit better than "Best Wishes", at least in the context of the movie.

Apparently Kyurem and Keldeo are going to be in the new opening.

Lots of legendaries, and steps to the strongest trainers. Sounds like a Pokémon opening, alright.

Watch Da Birdie

Apparently Kyurem and Keldeo are going to be in the new opening.

Lots of legendaries, and steps to the strongest trainers. Sounds like a Pokémon opening, alright.

Where'd you hear that? I don't doubt it, but I haven't hear anything specifically.

I still hate Ash for using weak ass Pokemon all the time

Best Wishes 2, I wanna see him rocking a Samurott, Emboar, Serperior (nice to see him have all 3 starters again btw), Scrafty, Seismitoad, Krookodile and Gigalith by the end or he's a fucking loser forever

Pikachu conveniently seems to get into electricity related mishaps that serve to reset his power level at the start of every generation.

Except for Jotho, though.

After seeing Charizard vs Pidegy, Rattata, and Chikorita you can see why the writers dump all of Ash's pokemon and nerf Pikachu every region.

I still hate Ash for using weak ass Pokemon all the time

Best Wishes 2, I wanna see him rocking a Samurott, Emboar, Serperior (nice to see him have all 3 starters again btw), Scrafty, Seismitoad, Krookodile and Gigalith by the end or he's a fucking loser forever
Ash's water pokemon never evolve, Kingler is the only one and he has been MIA for how long.

I think it's "List your favourite openings" time again.
Sure, why not.

US:
1: <blah>IT'S YOU AND ME, I KNOW IT'S MY DES-</blah>
2: Born to Be a Winner
2: Unbeatable

JP:
1: Battle Frontier
2: Spurt!
3: High Touch (2009)
4: The Greatest Everyday!
5: Aim to be a Pokemon Master
6: Advanced Adventure