• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Actually I'm pretty sure Pikachu didn't get de-powered in Sinnoh, another reason that arc was so BAWS.

it's already been 730+++ episodes. it's never going to happen.
How are the ratings for the show, probably no where close to the first season but still good?

The only way they will reboot it if it becomes unprofitable.

Actually I'm pretty sure Pikachu didn't get de-powered in Sinnoh, another reason that arc was so BAWS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon:_Diamond_and_Pearl_episodes

Looks like he was just exhausted and he still beat Dawn's starter with one hit.

So yeah DP's start>>>>BW start

It hasn't?

None of the members of the Porygon family have made anime appearances since the Electric Soldier Porygon debacle way back in Season 1. I don't really understand why, though; it was Pikachu's and Team Rocket's actions that triggered seizures in children with epilepsy, not Porygon's.

Wow, really? That seems pretty extreme. Hopefully they do feature them because they were some pretty unique Pokemon. I still remember the news about that infamous episode, lol!

Kokonoe

Banned
All in all, the Pokemon anime is just something to advertise the product of the show. It's been quite a while since they actually put real depth in their episodes. Although to be quite honest, the second they'd start taking things more "seriously" it starts dampening their possibility of keeping the show from going on forever like it has.

What's great about it is that you can just tune in to any episode and have something bearable to watch without much thought process, like a cartoon I suppose. It might have ended up like Digimon with multiple different stories and eventually falling out of place if they did stuff like this.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Diamond and Pearl got pretty close though.

There was one episode which focused on Growlie and Jessibelle, for crying out loud, which aired around 10 years earlier. :/

Kokonoe

Banned
Another reason Sinnoh was so BAWS.

qUxVx.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Was Barry as wound up in the anime as he was in the games? I swear that little bastard was running 24/7 on a coke high or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Was Barry as wound up in the anime as he was in the games? I swear that little bastard was running 24/7 on a coke high or something.

He's actually slightly toned down, and also sort of more of a jerk... I prefer his game incarnation, but his anime version grew on me.

Coked out Barry is best Barry.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think Andrex only posted that picture because he has to deal with the fact that Barry sucks.

Sucks so much the only in-game trainer in the series with higher level Pokemon is Red himself.
MRUbo.gif

Better than Blandsville Cheren and cheap-Barry-knockoff Bianca.

How hard is it to make one of your own?

That reminds how cool it'd be to have figures of some of the PC characters from the games....or even other characters in the games period.

Delio

You know I'll give Sinnoh region one thing It actually made Ash seem like a decent battler and that he had matured into that. His team was fairly well balanced as well. If not for the roadblock that was the uber trainer he would have won that league.

But then Hoenn he DID beat the battle frointer and had a couple of amazing pokemon then. Namely Swellow and Sceptile.

I feel like his team has downgraded a ton in B/W though even though he is catching more things he feels weaker.

You know I'll give Sinnoh region one thing It actually made Ash seem like a decent battler and that he had matured into that. His team was fairly well balanced as well. If not for the roadblock that was the uber trainer he would have won that league.

But then Hoenn he DID beat the battle frointer and had a couple of amazing pokemon then. Namely Swellow and Sceptile.

I feel like his team has downgraded a ton in B/W though even though he is catching more things he feels weaker.

He doesn't have a really stand out powerful pokemon this gen that stand above the rest of his pokemon that he can pull out for a trump against powerful trainers to make him look powerful.
Charizard - Kanto
Charizard and Snorlax- Johto (the writers did a horrible job with the pokemon he caught in Johto)
Sceptile - Hoenn
Infernape - Shinnoh

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm hoping that for Best Wishes 2, he also rotates out his Pokemon at Oak's Lab, allowing more variety in his battling. Seriously, it took the writers THAT long to figure out "he can just rotate Pokemon, no more setting them loose derp".

I imagine Pignite will evolve again into Emboar by the end, and if he does use his old Pokemon, see Quilava evolve as well. That way all his Fire Pokemon are fully evolved.

Krookodile is totally going to be Ash's powerhouse by the end of the region. Long-running character arc, emotional neuroses to be overcome (sunglasses); he's Chimchar all over again.

Top Bottom