• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Maybe B/W 2 will have Hoenn as a post-game thing.

That would mean every generation is on the DS, though gens 1 and 3 as "post-game" content.

GaimeGuy

Even if you count evolutions and pokemon he's released, I think Ash has only had around 80 pokemon total. And like half of those are starters

I'm pretty sure Gary mentioned having over 100 pokemon when he challenged Giovanni.

Wtf has Ash been doing all these years?

Thores

Even if you count evolutions and pokemon he's released, I think Ash has only had around 80 pokemon total. And like half of those are starters

I actually went and counted here cause I was bored curious, and he's owned a total of 67 unique Pokemon, including evolutions. 69 if you count Larvitar and Haunter, which never actually belonged to him. And if you count all 30 of his Tauros, that brings the grand total to 98.

But yeah, his actual Pokedex "Owned" number is 67, after exploring nearly 5 full regions (I guess there was Orange Islands or whatever, so 6?) and having over 15 years worth of adventures (despite never quite reaching his 11th birthday). Best trainer everrrrr

Pikachu conveniently seems to get into electricity related mishaps that serve to reset his power level at the start of every generation.

Fake Answer: Actually at the end of every season Ash breeds his Pikachu with a Ditto so he can start with a Level 1 all over again.

Real Answer: Yes
is it sad that I don't know what's a joke here

I still hate Ash for using weak ass Pokemon all the time

Best Wishes 2, I wanna see him rocking a Samurott, Emboar, Serperior (nice to see him have all 3 starters again btw), Scrafty, Seismitoad, Krookodile and Gigalith by the end or he's a fucking loser forever
always bothered me about the anime, he claims he wants to be a master but he never seems to get into that next level shit knamean

If he wanted to be a master he would have banged Misty, evolved his pokemanz, punched Gary in the face, and most importantly, he wouldn't give away pokemon, he'd disown them if they lost...

....I mean train them better.

MikeMyers

If he wanted to be a master he would have banged Misty, evolved his pokemanz, punched Gary in the face, and most importantly, he wouldn't give away pokemon, he'd disown them if they lost...

....I mean train them better.

I would got a hose and threatened to put the flame on Charizard's tail if he ever disobeyed again.

GaimeGuy

I would got a hose and threatened to put the flame on Charizard's tail if he ever disobeyed again.

Charizard probably would have bit his head off right then and there.

Or attack Ash when he instructs him to use fly or something like that. Direct a fatal attack at ash in the middle of a battle

I think it's "List your favourite openings" time again.

I can get behind this.

Leaving out Japanese openings, and focusing mainly on songs...

1) Unbeatable
2) Battle Cry (Stand Up!)
3) We Will Be Heroes
4) Rival Destinies
5) Pokémon Johto
6) Born to be a Winner
7) Black and White
8) Believe in Me
9) Pokémon Theme
10) Pokémon World
11) I Wanna Be A Hero
12) We Will Carry On!
13) Battle Frontier
14) This Dream
15) Diamond and Pearl

Although I feel like I want to put Battle Frontier higher, I really can't justify it.

Charizard probably would have bit his head off right then and there.

Or attack Ash when he instructs him to use fly or something like that. Direct a fatal attack at ash in the middle of a battle
I've seen him get electrocuted and burned like mad. He can take it. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I actually went and counted here cause I was bored curious, and he's owned a total of 67 unique Pokemon, including evolutions. 69 if you count Larvitar and Haunter, which never actually belonged to him. And if you count all 30 of his Tauros, that brings the grand total to 98.

But yeah, his actual Pokedex "Owned" number is 67, after exploring nearly 5 full regions (I guess there was Orange Islands or whatever, so 6?) and having over 15 years worth of adventures (despite never quite reaching his 11th birthday). Best trainer everrrrr
In fairness, in the Pokemon universe amassing and caring for a bunch of pokemon seems like it'd be unrealistic, and Ash's collection would generally be considered impressive.

Look at your rival in Red/Blue. He only uses seven pokemon regularly (starter, two of arcanine/gyarados/exeggutor, alakazam, pidgeot, rhydon, raticate). What do the other gajillion do? Stay in the pc forever?

It's sort of like when people complain about Ash releasing his good Pokemon. It's usually because he thinks they'll have a more fulfilling life somewhere else, which in a universe more realistic (and I use that word loosely) than the games is a totally legitimate reason.

Wiseblade

Only?

iblmEf4pc7ODJn.gif

It's not even the best.

English

1) Unbeatable
2) Pokémon theme
3) I Wanna be a Hero
4) Born to be a Hero
5) Battle Cry (Stand Up)

Japanese

1) Greatest Everyday!
2) Advanced Adventure
3) Spurt!
4) Aim to be a Pokémon Master
5) Best Wishes!

Nice to see you finally abandon that K-on crap, though.

Wiseblade

is it sad that I don't know what's a joke here

I wish I was joking. At the start of Hoenn, Team Rocket strapped Pikachu to a giant magnet which caused it to get "overcharged" and it could do anything until they drained it. Same thing happened in Unova, except this time bloody Zekrom decended from the bloody skies to do it. I don't remember how it happened in Sinnoh, but it almost certainly happened in some fashion.

Kokonoe

Banned
This is only from up to what I've watched.

Amazing
1. Pokemon Theme (Timeless, creative, and just perfect)
2. Pokemon World
3. Born to Be a Winner
4. Believe in Me
5. Unbeatable
6. I Wanna Be a Hero
7. This Dream

Great
8. Pokémon Johto

Okay
9. Battle Frontier

Mediocre
10. Diamond and Pearl <-- weakest link.

survivor

Banned
English

Battle Cry - (Stand Up)
Unbeatable
Pokemon Theme
This Dream
I Wanna be a Hero
Believe in Me
Born to be a Winner

The ranking is based on the music alone since I couldn't find a video with the actual openings footages.

Japanese

I don't know, I'm not a weaboo

Anth0ny

The Pokemon Theme should still be there. It's timeless, like the Simpsons theme. Or Arthur.

When they dropped it, my interest in the show dropped.

survivor

Banned
Ok I just listened to the Japanese openings and these are the ones that stood out to me

1) Challenger
2) Spurt
3) Advance Adventure
4) Battle Frontier
5) Aim to Be a Pokémon Master
6) Together
7) Best Wishes

Oddly enough, the good Japanese openings are better than the good English ones. But the bad ones are way worse than the bad English ones.

I have another complaint about the anime. Why don't they just give Ash a Raichu already and be done with that pikachu evolving shit. I don't mean actually evolve him, because I know they can't for branding/marketing. I mean give one to him some other way. That way he can have both, they can be best damn buddies (pikachu and raichu).

Only issue is it'll be weird when choosing when to use which but they could BS their way through it by making it like they push each other to be better and all that.

I wish I was joking. At the start of Hoenn, Team Rocket strapped Pikachu to a giant magnet which caused it to get "overcharged" and it could do anything until they drained it. Same thing happened in Unova, except this time bloody Zekrom decended from the bloody skies to do it. I don't remember how it happened in Sinnoh, but it almost certainly happened in some fashion.
:|

Top Bottom