• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

upandaway

Meanwhile in upandaway's DS...

OH GOD FINALLY

47 hours and 49 minutes into the game, I have (successfully) completed the first sidestory, out of 35, of Pokemon Conquest.

4fKYN.jpg

fiU5r.png

Will I make it in time for BW2? Haha.. ha.

Let's start an underground revolution. We'll call it... Arcrafty!

We have to infiltrate Wiseblade's lair, slip past Professor Beef and Exterminieren, and use our Close Combat and Hi Jump Kick attacks to hit the evil Empoleon for massive damage! Only by slaying the terrible tyrant can a new champion finally rise up to lead the people!

We have to infiltrate Wiseblade's lair, slip past Professor Beef and Exterminieren, and use our Close Combat and Hi Jump Kick attacks to hit the evil Empoleon for massive damage! Only by slaying the terrible tyrant can a new champion finally rise up to lead the people!

No... Champions. We will lead this thread into a new era of prosperity and equality, where no 'mon shall have to live in fear of having his Gen II love found out. Nine more pages.

Then we shall take back what is rightfully ours.

No... Champions. We will lead this thread into a new era of prosperity and equality, where no 'mon shall have to live in fear of having his Gen II love found out. Nine more pages.

You can love Gen 2 if you really want to, just know I can deliver an essay on how underwhelming the region itself is and how the new pokemon are tremendously lacking for the most part for various reasons unrelated to appearances, for that is where my apathy stems from.
The remakes were some good stuff though, one of the best remakes in video gaming.

randomly decided to watch one of the recent pokeman eps today.

Angry dragonite is dope.

What ever happened to ash's old charazard? I just recall it coming back occasionally for tournaments.

btw: should I pick up b/w before b2/w2? They all cost the same T_T.

Nope.

He actually teams up with you in the final bonus chapter.
Fucking Pokemon and fucking up history.

Angry dragonite is dope.

What ever happened to ash's old charazard? I just recall it coming back occasionally for tournaments.

At this point I'd just wait for BW2

The final battle would involve you taking his Hydro Cannon attack to save my life. As you drop from the air, the scene cuts to a sepia-toned flashback of you giving me a heartfelt speech about never giving up and making sure the job is finished. All of this while Wiseblade laughs maniacally about the impending destruction of every Gold and Silver cartridge in the world.

I try to continue the fight, but his type advantage is too much. As he rushes forward to finish me, he proceeds to step on the world's last copy of Crystal (which had fallen from your pocket earlier in the fight). He slips, falling into a molten tub of Hey You, Pikachu! cartridges. I hurry to your side, but the screen fades, no answers to your condition...

The final battle would involve you taking his Hydro Cannon attack to save my life. As you drop from the air, the scene cuts to a sepia-toned flashback of you giving me a heartfelt speech about never giving up and making sure the job is finished. All of this while Wiseblade laughs maniacally about the impending destruction of every Gold and Silver cartridge in the world.

I try to continue the fight, but his type advantage is too much. As he rushes forward to finish me, he proceeds to step on the world's last copy of Crystal (which had fallen from your pocket earlier in the fight). He slips, falling into a molten tub of Hey You, Pikachu! cartridges. I hurry to your side, but the screen fades, no answers to your condition...

My final, dying words to you (set to this music) will be: "It is an honour to die by your side... As it was honour to live by it."

BAM. Cut, print, make millions at the box office.

MikeMyers

image.php

You have an Electric type to hit Beef and Wiseblade with!

My final, dying words to you (set to this music) will be: "It is an honour to die by your side... As it was honour to live by it."

BAM. Cut, print, make millions at the box office.
More like straight-to-DVD release, lose our life savings. But it would be worth it. :D

http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=37923&dateline=1347193993[img]

You have an Electric type to hit Beef and Wiseblade with![/QUOTE]

Electivire was already featured in a previous episode dealing with Nocturnowl and his dark army of Hoothoot. His wounds meant he couldn't come with us, or something.

Don't make me reason things out! Hahaha!

Kokonoe

Banned

Angry dragonite is dope.

Same region, but one game has vastly more content, and that is the sequel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last time I went through Platinum I used a Vileplume. It was ok I guess, nothing spectacular. Roserade is much better for an ingame choice.

MikeMyers

I have a Roserade, but I wanted to use Vileplume as I never really used it before. Victrebell is a RBY staple for me if I don't pick Bulbasaur. Sleep Powder/Growth/Mega Drain/Wrap is pretty awesome.

Kokonoe

Banned
I added a Vileplume to my Platinum team.

What do you think of this fellow Grass type?

That Vileplume is awesome.

AVONa.png
FeuQE.jpg

My grass team would consist of

Lilligant
Venusaur
Roselia (I like it more than Roserade)
Meganium
Leafeon
Vileplume

Celebi when I feel like using ubers.
All the time.

MikeMyers

That Vileplume is awesome.

My grass team would consist of

Lilligant
Venusaur
Roselia (I like it more than Roserade)
Meganium
Leafeon
Vileplume

Celebi when I feel like using ubers.
All the time.

Mine would probably be:

Venusaur
Meganium
Breloom
Ludicolo
Roserade
Ferrothorn

I also like Cacturne a lot (I have him on Ruby, I remember bearing Norman with him). But I don't really see him having a niche on this team.

Top Bottom