• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
Tracey had some cool Pokemon. Venonat, Marill, Scyther. I like Scyther more than Scizor.

Scyther and Scizor are both amazingly awesome Pokemon with amazing(I wrote that twice!) designs. It's a little hard to pick, but I'd go with Scyther as well. Gen I designs were so creative.

MikeMyers

I remember how happy I was when I get Scyther in the original game, and all it could do is Slash.

Still a badass though, even if Bugsy's Scyther is Chikorita's hardest challenge.

Wiseblade

Scyther and Scizor are both amazingly awesome Pokemon with amazing(I wrote that twice!) designs. It's a little hard to pick, but I'd go with Scyther as well. Gen I designs were so creative.

Were they?
170px-020Raticate.png
170px-051Dugtrio.png
170px-062Poliwrath.png
180px-082Magneton.png

200px-088Grimer.png
180px-089Muk.png
130px-100Voltorb.png
160px-101Electrode.png

Kokonoe

Banned
I'll stop joking around for a second to elaborate a bit more. Gen I had the most creative mixed with pleasing design to me. Not every Pokemon has to be creative to be a good design, but I was specifically talking about designs such as Scyther, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Blastoise, Wartortle, etc.

Generic Pokemon can look good, but the ones in Black and White aren't appealing for me.

Kokonoe

Banned
I like Jynx because it's humorous in design, but at the same time that's why I don't like it. It's certainly at the bottom of the list of Gen I with Mr. Mime.

Did we break PokeVault?

I think so. I was going crazy searching for stuff and then it kind of stopped loading anything. :/

EDIT: There is a $500 Red Gyarados plush. Who has that kind of money for one plush toy?

EDIT 2: Forget that, there is a $900 "Pokemon 2010 Daisuki Fan Club Espeon holofoil promo card" for sale!

Kokonoe

Banned
Not a non creepy Gengar plush in site...er sight. C'mon now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Officia...761?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cca392e29

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Gen...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c68180602#ht_867wt_1397

You are definitely right on them being creepy, I just looked at few on ebay.

Nothing Dwebble focused apart from a coin and a phone charm.

:(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Plu...ltDomain_0&hash=item1c2782dcaf#ht_3929wt_1163

Utilize the ebay of your location and you should be able to find one like that.

Arcanine merchandise sucks. The knock-off plush toys have no noses, and the actual Banpresto version they are modeled after is rare and expensive. :(

ZiCh5.jpg

Electivire was already featured in a previous episode dealing with Nocturnowl and his dark army of Hoothoot. His wounds meant he couldn't come with us, or something.

Don't make me reason things out! Hahaha!
You stepped into the wrong neck of the woods, my woods, those that stretch around Castle Wiseblade.
I willingly sacrificed my Hoothoot regiment for my liege.

I think I prefer My Little Keldeo to the real thing. Haha.
I actually do, which is a big step up from my current dislike of the nostril monster.

You stepped into the wrong neck of the woods, my woods, those that stretch around Castle Wiseblade.

A future spin-off series will feature you and "The Professor" (Beef). Grief-stricken by Wisey's demise, the two of you genetically alter a chosen Hoothoot to create the beastly CACTOWL! I'm again put to the test--with an unlikely cast of new and old allies--to stop the destruction of the second generation of Pokémon game cartridges!

I will almost have a mental breakdown, during which the ghost of ScraftyDevil appears to bolster my confidence. A real tearjerker moment.

A future spin-off series will feature you and "The Professor" (Beef). Grief-stricken by Wisey's demise, the two of you genetically alter a chosen Hoothoot to create the beastly CACTOWL! I'm again put to the test--with an unlikely cast of new and old allies--to stop the destruction of the second generation of Pokémon game cartridges!

I will almost have a mental breakdown, during which the ghost of ScraftyDevil appears to bolster my confidence. A real tearjerker moment.
I'll be a double agent, pretending to ally myself with you in order to strike for Wiseblade when you all least suspect it.

This is daft.

As long as it's a two parter where us villains "win" the first round, Cactowl is just too powerful, pumped full of rare candies and protein. Your loss in part 1 is why you need the motivational ghost speech.
Also Wiseblade's spirit was placed into a mecha Empoleon.

I'll be a double agent, pretending to ally myself with you in order to strike for Wiseblade when you all least suspect it.

This is daft.
Daft? no this is incredible.

...You traitor.

The Professor, Beef, "trusted" advisor to Lord Andrex, berates his leader for continually shirking responsibility.

This is why you're not King of PokeGAF.

I never said I was nor did I ever want to be.

At the very least, I can claim not to be the dictator.

The idea is put forth to democratically elect a leader.

PokéGAF Presidential Elections 2012

You have to decide on your party's name.

Shortly after a landslide victory, President Andrex is assassinated. His oldest "friend," Beef, steps up to create order amidst chaos.

I hereby nominate Wiseblade as Permanent King of PokeGAF.

Second!

The motion passes. Long live your future king!

The king is dead, long live the king.

Wiseblade takes his throne.

My first act as PokéGAF president would be to end all list wars!
by making all opinions different from my own illegal

Thank God, I'm safe.

Unrest develops under Wiseblade's rule. Mostly concerning the outlaw and destruction of all Gen II material and forced hourly worship periods of Gen III.

The peasants will revolt! No one will stand for such cruel tyranny!

You're an Arcanine, you can't stand anyways.

Hey! That's not true! :mad:

Arcanine stands on four legs! That counts, right? :\

... :|

You cut me deep, Beef. :<

Water-types, baby. That's how we roll.

But he can bite.

GreenScar is never heard from again after this.

The Arcanine meets a street-smart Scrafty looking to make a difference in the world.

Let's start an underground revolution. We'll call it... Arcrafty!

The plans are made. The two comrades can see visions of the future shining brightly. But the Noctowl spy is listening in.

We have to infiltrate Wiseblade's lair, slip past Professor Beef and Exterminieren, and use our Close Combat and Hi Jump Kick attacks to hit the evil Empoleon for massive damage! Only by slaying the terrible tyrant can a new champion finally rise up to lead the people!

No... Champions. We will lead this thread into a new era of prosperity and equality, where no 'mon shall have to live in fear of having his Gen II love found out. Nine more pages.

Then we shall take back what is rightfully ours.

You can love Gen 2 if you really want to, just know I can deliver an essay on how underwhelming the region itself is and how the new pokemon are tremendously lacking for the most part for various reasons unrelated to appearances, for that is where my apathy stems from.

The battle begins at Castle Wiseblade.

You have an Electric type to hit Beef and Wiseblade with!

Electivire was already featured in a previous episode dealing with Nocturnowl and his dark army of Hoothoot. His wounds meant he couldn't come with us, or something.

The Arcanine and Scrafty reach the top floor, ready to face the black-soul Empoleon.

The final battle would involve you taking his Hydro Cannon attack to save my life. As you drop from the air, the scene cuts to a sepia-toned flashback of you giving me a heartfelt speech about never giving up and making sure the job is finished. All of this while Wiseblade laughs maniacally about the impending destruction of every Gold and Silver cartridge in the world.

I try to continue the fight, but his type advantage is too much. As he rushes forward to finish me, he proceeds to step on the world's last copy of Crystal (which had fallen from your pocket earlier in the fight). He slips, falling into a molten tub of Hey You, Pikachu! cartridges. I hurry to your side, but the screen fades, no answers to your condition...

My final, dying words to you (set to this music) will be: "It is an honour to die by your side... As it was honour to live by it."

After the dust settles, Wiseblade's generals still prove to have some fight left in them.

As long as it's a two parter where us villains "win" the first round, Cactowl is just too powerful, pumped full of rare candies and protein. Your loss in part 1 is why you need the motivational ghost speech.
Also Wiseblade's spirit was placed into a mecha Empoleon.

My Ghrost then delivers you a cryptic message along with a broken TM93, the only weapon that can truly end Wiseblade's tyrrany. You must go on a quest to the mythical Zeroth Keep in order to repair it.

Top Bottom