• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
eJgaO.png

Who is this? Mega Man? I thought he was dead.

I saw that too, but because of the Mega Man threads.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What? There were 396 unique posters in the thread. So the top 1% would be the top four. The top 1% currently account for about 24% of the posts. Unless I misunderstand you.

I was making a reference to something, but I don't know what. Forget it. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh yeah, you can't explain that was Bill O'Reilly.

And 1%/99% was probably an Occupy thing. Weird how my brain works...

Boogiepop

Finally picked up my pony today! Hurray for having to awkwardly stand around a gamestop while downloading a pokemon! They also gave me a poster that tries to make Keldeo look all serious, which is weird.

MikeMyers

Since I'm in a statistics mood, I'll throw out that so far ~10% of the posters (40 people) account for ~84% of the posts (16,404 posts).

If everyone posted at that rate, we'd have a new thread all of the time!
And it would be a mess to keep up with.

YuA8k.png
tRCQi.png
p2Q7w.png

http://minjixmuu-chan.deviantart.com/

My two favourite Eevee evolutions.

I'm gonna use Flareon in my White 2 game. Not sure what to give it. Fire Blast, Dig, Facade, and maybe....Flame Charge I guess?

Kokonoe

Banned
So whats the general... uh... story, of b/w?

I watched my bro play it a bit... something to do with PETA?

First off, it's a Pokemon story so...yeah. Anyways, the beginning is the usual, you have your Professor, your starters, and your quest to do whatever, but a long the way you run into a character called N (Natural Harmonia Gropius) who I believe lives among Pokemon and is a part of a group called Team Plasma. Their goal is to separate humans from Pokemon because they feel humans treat Pokemon unfairly and that Pokemon are gods, except the actual leader is pretty much using them.

First off, it's a Pokemon story so...yeah. Anyways, the beginning is the usual, you have your Professor, your starters, and your quest to do whatever, but a long the way you run into a character called N (Natural Harmonia Gropius) who I believe lives among Pokemon and is a part of a group called Team Galactic. Their goal is to separate humans from Pokemon because they feel humans treat Pokemon unfairly and that Pokemon are gods, except the actual leader is pretty much using them.

And the sequel happens a few years after right?

Does the main dude in b/w pull a Red and is the final boss of b2/w2 or something?

Kokonoe

Banned
And the sequel happens a few years after right?

Does the main dude in b/w pull a Red and is the final boss of b2/w2 or something?

We can't discuss that here, it's against the rules. But it is a few years after, although you play as new characters now.

If you're wondering if you'll miss some huge piece of the story from playing 2 first, nope, not at all.

MikeMyers

Kokonoe have you seen the episode where the Vileplume and Bellossem's are fighting, and Bayleef as Special Guest Referee?

That episode always makes me laugh. Gang drama, Pokemon style.

Just for UltimateIke, in this episode, Arcanine is the WHOSE THAT POKEMON?

Kokonoe

Banned
Kokonoe have you seen the episode where the Vileplume and Bellossem's are fighting, and Bayleef as Special Guest Referee?

It's been a while, so I don't recall, but I have the first three seasons on my hard drive which I will start watching soon.

Vileplume should win that fight going away.

Glad to see you're back.

This one? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP239

I know I've probably seen it before too, I just can't remember it! I watched the anime through Master Quest, but I feel bad because I don't remember many of the Johto episodes. I haven't seen any of those episodes since they originally aired. :(

MikeMyers

Yeah welcome back tiggerkiddo.

The episode is called "Whichever Way The Wind Blows"

I really like the Kanto - Orange Islands - Johto episodes.

Kokonoe

Banned
I've stated it a few times already, but Orange Islands is my absolute favorite season. Pokemon went downhill when May and Max were introduced, not just because of them, but it certainly was a sign to show for it.

MikeMyers

Its kinda surreal how much we agree on things, Orange Islands is my favourite season (although I prefer Brock over Tracey). And yeah, probably went down with May and Max. I liked May, don't know why they had to tag along her brother though.

Kokonoe

Banned
Its kinda surreal how much we agree on things, Orange Islands is my favourite season (although I prefer Brock over Tracey). And yeah, probably went down with May and Max. I liked May, don't know why they had to tag along her brother though.

Same, but I came to appreciate Tracey more years after I watched the show as it was a nice little break.

Top Bottom