• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

I think this won't be Pokemon Z. They could reveal that in CoroCoro if they wanted. This is a 20th anniversary game. Probably mainline and it's own thing. Maybe somehow combining all the Gens, but I don't know what that would entail.

It could be Z with some anniversary feature highlighted, like bringing back the World Tournament alongside past characters once again.

All they need to do is say Pokemon Z is happen and a rough release time frame of QTR 4 etc. It's really to get the hype train going. More info will come closer to E3.

JoeM86

Honestly, if it is Z, I hope they really do a full-on Revamp.

X/Y was great, but unless there's some sizeable changes/overhaul beyond more megas I'm not sure I want to run through Kalos again.

Also, maybe I missed it, but what are the odds of something with pokemon go being included?

If GO is in it, it'll be minor.

If this was to be about Pokémon GO, it'd be a Pokémon GO Direct.

Also, they won't overhaul an enhanced version to an extent like that.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Honestly 5 minutes for "Pokémon Z" isn't that bad, they can show off a lot within 5 minutes and we will all love it.

Heck we all got excited over Magearna silhouette in the leaked corro corro before we saw more.

SoulUnison

Banned
I think I'd rather have an X2/Y2 than a Pokemon Z.

Unless the story's going to be as filler-tier as Black2/White2's was.

I could only stand hearing about some guy's little sister's Poochyena so much before I started to feel like the game was insulting my intelligence.

wiibomb

If GO is in it, it'll be minor.

If this was to be about Pokémon GO, it'd be a Pokémon GO Direct.

Also, they won't overhaul an enhanced version to an extent like that.

didn't they announced the plans to unveil PKM GO on next march for the GDC? if that's so there is zero chances for this be a pkm go related

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
5 minutes?? If that's the case, it'll probably go something like this:
*Direct starts*
"Hey guys, we realize it's the 20th anniversary of the Pokemon series, so we're going to do what fans have been waiting for a while. I'm pleased to announce that Detective Pikachu is coming over to the west. However, with that said there will be no main series title this year. Please Understand.
*Direct Ends*
There won't be Danny Devito either.

woopWOOP

Why an English trailer for it when this Direct is global and that game is out already?

This will be for main series. Relax.
Oh, I somehow missed that it was announced for Japan too.

Well yeah, probably a trailer for something new then, either that phone game or a mainline entry.
Personally hoping for a gen 7 teaser instead of 'Z' since I didn't like Kalos a whole lot, but a B/W2 type sequel could be interesting I suppose.

Kinsei

Banned
5 minutes?? If that's the case, it'll probably go something like this:
*Direct starts*
"Hey guys, we realize it's the 20th anniversary of the Pokemon series, so we're going to do what fans have been waiting for a while. I'm pleased to announce that Detective Pikachu is coming over to the west. However, with that said there will be no main series title this year. Please Understand.
*Direct Ends*
There won't be Danny Devito either.

Why would there be a Direct in Japan to announce the Western release of a game they already have?

Revven

Five minutes... lol. Well, like everyone else has been saying, that'll be enough time for a new game announcement. I mean they might use up a minute or two on the VC games and Pokken but ultimately this is for announcing the new game for sure.

Man, I would be really bummed if it's only a Pokemon Z, though. I'd love it if the new game was tied more into the 20th anniversary somehow but I think the inevitable is definitely just the third game to X/Y.

Given the five minute length; I'm hoping it's a direct feed of a japanese man in a suit and a Pokémon-hat, shouting out a condensed list of news as quickly he can in poor engrish.

Ansatz

If it results in better games like it did with Gen V, I'm all for it.

It won't be a complete reset just because it's new hardware. X/Y was a little bit of a reboot, back to the basics sort of thing because of the transition to polygon graphics. Gen 7 will expand upon the foundations of X/Y rather than start from scratch, that's why I'm especially excited for next gen.

It's hilariously sad that we've waited with bated breath for a new Nintendo Direct. And when we finally get one it's only for Pokémon and just five minutes long!

cyba89

Pokémon Z announcement
Pokémon NX as full-blown console RPG
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal VC announcement
Pokémon Trainer playable in Smash 4
Detective Pikachu available in the west after the Direct
Pokémon Snap 2 for WiiU with Gamepad as camera
Pokémon GO available after Direct.
Amiibo line of all 151 first gen Pokémon with more gens coming later
Zelda U surprise rereveal

Am I doing this right?

It won't be a complete reset just because it's new hardware. X/Y was a little bit of a reboot, back to the basics sort of thing because of the transition to polygon graphics. Gen 7 will expand upon the foundations of X/Y rather than start from scratch, that's why I'm especially excited for next gen.

XY was far from a reboot, it leaned on previous generations a shit load compared to Gens III, IV and V.

Boogiepop

I'm sure this'll be whatever Z ends up being (IE I could still see it being 2 sequels ala B2W2, like maybe XZ and YZ or something) with nothing else, but I'm mostly just hoping this is more an actual trailer instead of a dinky teaser clip. If nothing else, hopefully we can avoid "Omg, look at this slight walking around the starting town" that... I think HG/SS got for its reveal?

wiibomb

Pokémon Z announcement

Am I doing this right?

detective pikachu with danny devito not included. 0/10 disappointment ensues

Pokémon Z announcement

Am I doing this right?

- NX portable confirmed to play 4K, home console is 8K
- FF7 remake ultra HD edition confirmed as launch title

Regiruler

Pokémon Z announcement
Pokémon GO available after Direct.

Am I doing this right?
What if Zelda U IS the pokemon MMO? Didn't predict that now didya?

NeonZ

GameFreak would need to be really incompetent to move to a more advanced 3d hardware and still keep XY's tileset based game design which is just legacy from the 2d titles and has no reason to exist in a 3d game. The next generation needs to be an actual revamp again, not just a boosted XY.

Zoon

My dream would be a teaser with insanely good graphics and the word 2016 implying it will be for NX.But I guess any surprising announcement will be good.

JoeM86

GameFreak would need to be really incompetent to move to a more advanced 3d hardware and still keep XY's tileset based game design which is just legacy from the 2d titles and has no reason to exist in a 3d game. The next generation needs to be an actual revamp again, not just a boosted XY.

ORAS shows it is free movement now, and XY had free movement too...

Also, keeping a tradition as technology advances isn't a sign of incompetence.

True Fire

The real question is whether or not Pokemon Z is a summer or fall release.

I'm also excited to see the changes. XY were lovely games, but extremely flawed at the same time. Hopefully Z makes the story more interesting.

SpotAnime

My guess is will be a rundown of the new features implemented in the Red/Blue/Yellow releases. They've been silent thus far except for the link support. Probably Poke Bank support and maybe something built in for Yellow to emulate the GB Printer.

Neoxon

The real question is whether or not Pokemon Z is a summer or fall release.

I'm also excited to see the changes. XY were lovely games, but extremely flawed at the same time. Hopefully Z makes the story more interesting.
It'll be a Fall release, the 2016 release schedule for all Nintendo-published games on 3DS & Wii U already leaked.

Theorymon

My guess is will be a rundown of the new features implemented in the Red/Blue/Yellow releases. They've been silent thus far except for the link support. Probably Poke Bank support and maybe something built in for Yellow to emulate the GB Printer.

I really doubt we'll get Pokebank support for RBY, since Pokemon in that gen use a totally different stat system than the current gen. I think that alongside GBA difficulties was a major reason why Gen 3 was a reset of sorts.

JoeM86

They would not have a Direct for that and it's a Virtual Console game, there's not much new to it other than what has already been explained.

wiibomb

what I really hope if Gamefreak already fix that engine they have, I love the careful planning in the pokemon games, but I really hate how bad they are with the technical aspects of the game.

XY, and ORAS engine runs pretty bad on a 3DS and I really don't see much of a work for the 3DS with these games.

Fireblend

Banned
Also, I thought Pokemon GO wasn't much of a Nintendo thing? It seems unlikely to me TPC would show it in a Nintendo direct. Correct me if wrong.

Davey Cakes

I wish I cared more about Pokémon, but I don't. Not anymore.

That said, at least it's getting its own Direct. I wasn't a fan of those multiple Directs that showcased Pokémon X/Y when I wanted to learn about new games or other games in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom