• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct June 5th 2019 - 1 PM GMT, 9 AM E.T

Which version will you be getting?

• Pokemon Sword

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Pokemon Shield

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • n/a

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
There was another thread made when they announced it, just figured we should redo so we can talk from scratch.

What are we expecting? Gyms, trainers, legendaries, new battle styles, items?

Special edition? Release date? What d'you all think?

Key points:
  • Release date: November 15th 2019
  • Games and double pack available for pre-order now
  • Dynamax: Makes Pokémon HUGE once per battle, as in, the size of buildings
  • 4 people can join forces to take on wild Dynamax Pokémon, some unique
  • Gyms are back, each will use a Dynamax Pokémon in a big stadium
  • Two legendary sword/shield dogs: Zacian / Zamazenta, one is Sif from Dark Souls
  • Pokémon will be visible out in the world a lá Let's Go
  • Different Pokéon appear depending on location and weather
  • Free camera
  • Mix of new and old in the world
  • One new Pokémon is literally just a sheep
  • Rival is hop, champion is Leon, professor is Magnolia

Last edited:

Thurible

Expecting only the basics. A few new pokemon, a better look at the region, and the new gimmick (ex. mega evolutions, z crystals, etc).

Would like new regional variants, new megas (never going to happen), and new eveelution.

Saber

Gold Member
You know...the basic things that were supposed to be showed in the reveal(like box arts for instance). If we get lucky, maybe more info about the starters. I would love to know what we're dealing with starter and perhaps more regional variants? The idea was interesting.

But what I dont want is wasting of this time with boring talk.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Added the video to the OP. 15 minutes or so, guys.

JimmyJones

Banned
I am expecting garbage as usual from gamefreak.

HG/SS, Plat and some say B&W were the last good games. It's been downhill since then.

Mista

Banned
D8TOo4yUwAIHXS9

D8TOpTZUcAAYtQ0

AV

Oh cool, Sif made it in. I'm absolutely getting Sword over shield for Sif now.

November 15th boys! Updated the OP with key points.

Last edited:

Typhares

Pokemon dynamax raid, more open world, well I'm interested. Haven't really played a pokemon game since gold/silver.

Reminder that November 15th IS a Friday. Also are they really ballsy enough to release a double-pack of two $60 games? Customers will see "$119.99" and instantly balk.

Small chance the MSRP might be $39.99. That would be the real hype.

Last edited:

Fake

Kinda mix bag. A entire 15 with so little news pkmns to reveal.
I was expecting those fake leaks to be real about armor pkmn, instead we get those big ass pokemon.
Gosh. At least the legendary get a nice design.

Saber

Gold Member
Not as bad as it looks, but not that good either.

The good part is that roaming pokemon is a thing now, with free camera thank heavens. Not sure about the big size pokemon. Feel like one of those new mechanics that tosses balance in the garbage.

But hey thats some new pokemons. The legendaries aint bad looking but I dont think they match the region(their music also).

Last edited:
Seems fine? The Wild Area or whatever it's called looks cool, because you can actually walk around and manipulate the camera. But they specifically said that's true for that area. That makes me believe it's not going to be the case in all areas. Perhaps there's a fixed camera angle in towns? Seems a bit weird.

The Dynamaxing seems... pointless? Why even have that in there? It comes off as the devs going: "How can we make these fights bigger and better? How about by making the Pokémon bigger... and better..." I don't get it.

The legendary Pokémon look stupid.

Still looking forward to the game though.

Fake

How tha hell keep the pokemon after big ass battle? Hope your friend don't turn into enemies after this

DZ_b_EZ

My birthday month this year is going to be pretty good 😎

I was more concerned about customization and free-camera. I'm definitely skipping those stupid raids, though.

AV

I think the design of Zamazenta has shifted me over to Shield. It looks way cooler than Zacian.

You mean to tell me you don't want motherfucking Sif in your Pokémon games?! Look at this good boy! Zacian sold me on Sword over shield for sure.

maxresdefault.jpg

PhoenixTank

I am not a fan of the Shield Legendary's design, but unsure how to fix it. Shield needs to be separate from the pokemon somehow. A floating shield barrier, transparent normally... more opaque when hit or attacking?

I think the design of Zamazenta has shifted me over to Shield. It looks way cooler than Zacian.
Fight me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Fake

I think he said that as a joke. During the direct I saw many transright posts spammed like a meme. Anyway, this is about pokemon so let's not get into this.
Hope so. I keep my 'mix bag' tag for this direct.
Dunno how this will be translated into the meta game, but you can now use one z-move pkmn, one mega-evolution and one big ass pkmn at the same time.
Broke the broken.

Last edited:

AV

Dunno how this will be translated into the meta game, but you can now use one z-move pkmn, one mega-evolution and one big ass pkmn at the same time.
Broke the broken.

I think Dynamax is supposed to replace Z moves and Megas as the new "once per battle" move.

Saber

Gold Member
All that matters for me now is at least knowing all revealed pokemons types.

I think he said that as a joke. During the direct I saw many transright posts spammed like a meme. Anyway, this is about pokemon so let's not get into this.

Ah...so that spam of deleted tweets were them? Wow.

Thurible

Broke the broken.
The meta game is going to be quite complicated and broken now. I wonder how competitive players feel about this. Right now I think dynamaxxing is a bad gimmick, they could have gone with something else.

Top Bottom