• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon: Generations, fan made 3D Action RPG

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow this battle system actually looks more interesting than anything GameFreak and Nintendo did in the last years with Pokemon.

Amazing idea to make it kind of Naruto UNS style battles.

Orayn

I don't think this will get taken down, Nintendo generally leaves fangames alone if they don't distribute assets from Nintendo games or try to make money.

Murrah

Banned
Came in expecting usual fan garbage, but that gameplay video looks trill as fuck. Might have to download this now

udivision

How are ya'll finding the best way to control this? I feel like I'm doing it wrong haha

Maybe try changing the controls so that you can use the Num Pad to do attacks during battle since you won't need to be using the mouse at that point. Haven't tried that myself though.

JesseZao

I have no idea why they can't have a full-blown console pokemon (mmo)rpg with a couple 3DS/DS sister games at release. They could then release an expansion each gen for the console game as well as two new handheld games. The handheld games would be self-contained, but to get everything in the console game you'd need to play/trade from the handheld games. They still keep the handheld vision, but extend it to a more console based western audience.

Edit: To take it a step further, they could have a skylanders inspired system to buy pokemon in stores in physical form and then transfer them into the game. They could have a geocache like hunt with different retailers (not just your standard game shops) each month to get people out and streetpassing/interacting with the community.

Okay, enough fantasy.

wwm0nkey

I have no idea why they can't have a full-blown console pokemon (mmo)rpg with a couple 3DS/DS sister games at release. They could then release an expansion each gen for the console game as well as two new handheld games. The handheld games would be self-contained, but to get everything in the console game you'd need to play/trade from the handheld games. They still keep the handheld vision, but extend it to a more console based western audience.

Edit: To take it a step further, they could have a skylanders inspired system to buy pokemon in stores in physical form and then transfer them into the game. They could have a geocache like hunt with different retailers (not just your standard game shops) each month to get people out and streetpassing/interacting with the community.

Okay, enough fantasy.
We all like to dream

"I consider handheld hardware you can carry around with you as almost being equal to being with Pokemon, always. I think handheld really matches the idea of Pokemon that we have. Also, you can communicate and transfer data all the time, whenever you want with a handheld. That’s also a match with the Pokemon concept."

- A guy who doesn't get it.... and hates money

Yep, the Pokemon franchise has problems with getting money, and the way to rectify this is with a big 3D game. Right on.

Okay, enough fantasy.
I would buy a Wii U for that, and I have no intentions of playing any other game on that system.

It's just like Square and the FF VII remake. They would make such a crazy amount of money from it if they did it right, but doing it wrong would be a disaster, since it wouldn't exactly be a cheap project.
Yep, the Pokemon franchise has problems with getting money, and the way to rectify this is with a big 3D game. Right on.

Say what?

Darryl

Banned
it's funny the last "pokemon on console" thread had almost prompted me to make a game almost exactly like this. the pros would be that if you gave pokemon 4 moves, it should be completely possible to transfer between the handheld games and the console games. make handheld exclusive pokemon. now you printin money

Kallor

An open world 3d console pokemon has so much potential. I remember seeing this picture and thinking how crazy good it could be:

pokemon-in-unreal-engine-3.jpeg

Epic Drop

I can't believe how good this looks both in terms of graphics, animation, and gameplay. Excited to try this out and watch it develop over time.

I haven't played Pokemon since Gold/Silver, but I would totally buck down on a WiiU for a 3D open world Pokemon game.

This game looks very promising.

Darryl

Banned
anyways this is how this will probably play out

1. developers continue to develop full fledged pokemon game
2. as the game gets further in development, product disappears
3. re-appears as a not-Pokemon game with swapped models and locations, no references to pokemon anymore.
4. nintendo somehow "attacks the indies"

so now they've got the pokemon fanbase, they've got the anti-nintendo squad. the game will move weight. looks like a smart business model to me. if nintendo failed to see stuff like this coming, it's their fault. they need to do whatever they can to stop this game while they can or they need to have something even better in production.

Hurley

For some reason I'm just loving throwing a pokeball and hearing the actual sounds of a pokemon coming out just like it is in the show lol

anyways this is how this will probably play out

1. developers continue to develop full fledged pokemon game
2. as the game gets further in development, product disappears
3. re-appears as a not-Pokemon game with swapped models and locations, no references to pokemon anymore.
4. nintendo somehow "attacks the indies"

so now they've got the pokemon fanbase, they've got the anti-nintendo squad. the game will move weight. looks like a smart business model to me. if nintendo failed to see stuff like this coming, it's their fault. they need to do whatever they can to stop this game while they can or they need to have something even better in production.

1. Developers continue to develop a full fledged pokemon game
2. Developers gain momentum and team members
3. Game is updated to include all pokemon
4. Game map expands to encompass every region using the games and anime as source material
5. Everyone wins.

I like my idea better

A Pokemon game where you actually control the pokemon and can move, jump and use attacks freely?
This shit writes itself. Come on Nintendo, it's been too long.

wwm0nkey

3. Game is updated to include all pokemon
4. Game map expands to encompass every region using the games and anime as source material
5. Everyone wins.

I like my idea better

Yeah, this would be better.

Dragoshi1

This was surprisingly fun, THIS is how console Pokemon should be. I've always dreamed of a Pokemon game like this, so I'm definitely keeping an eye on its development.

Playing as Charmander and all of the authentic sounds and anime vocals, hhnnnggg.

Watching the gameplay video gave me a Ni No Kuni vibe, due to all the strafing.

So ridiculous that Nintendo has never made a game like this for any of their home consoles.

Randdalf

Looks soooo janky. The idea behind it is what I've wanted from a console Pokemon game though, actually throwing Pokeballs and stuff.

Nilaul

3. Nintendo notices them, they get WiiU dev kits, funding and guidance.
4. Game is updated to include all pokemon
5. Game map expands to encompass every region using the games and anime as source material
6. Everyone buys a WiiU, game sells milions and millions.
7. Stock exchange collapses, no one is bothered to go to work, everyone including Kim (from North Korea) is playing the game.

:)

Top Bottom