• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon: Generations, fan made 3D Action RPG

Darryl

Banned
1. Developers continue to develop a full fledged pokemon game
2. Developers gain momentum and team members
3. Game is updated to include all pokemon
4. Game map expands to encompass every region using the games and anime as source material
5. Everyone wins.

I like my idea better

i do as well, i was just tryin to be realistic

Kokonoe

Banned
Game could definitely use some work, but I really can't wait to see this when it's a lot more polished. This isn't like a lot of other fan Pokemon games that are just oddball, I do have to say, it's kind of fun. I can also see the focus is on PvP which I don't mind. The graphics look pretty good for a fan game as well, and the one song that's in the little singleplayer demo thing is calm and relaxing.

This is definitely mainly a multiplayer type game right now, although you can fight a few CPUs and catch Pokemon in the mini singleplayer mode.

Pretty much, what a cash grab that was.

This game looks really nice...love the graphics so much...imagine encountering a Wailord though!

Yeah, I'm liking the graphics and the music to this.

Heyt

Banned
Really impressive. Nintendo should think about letting some smaller devs create products with their IPs under their supervision.

Maybe we can get an F-ZERO that way.

This is what I've always wanted. This would be so god on the Wii u,being able to point on the touch screen where you want to attack instead of using a mouse would be ideal. I would definitely buy a Wii U for a game like this.

Maedhros

More inovative than every pokemon game out there combined. I mean... diagonal movement and 3D battles are coming only after 10+ years.

Orayn

Pure jank, does not play very well at all. It is better than most games made by amateurs in Unity, but that's not saying much.

Also, upon further inspection, they might indeed get C&D'd for all the sound effects taken straight from the anime.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This thread makes me feel like I've walked into GameFAQs.

The idea of making a real-time Pokémon battle system for a spinoff game's been in my head for ages. This isn't that much like what I had in mind, but it looks great for a fangame. Just wish I could put this into Unity and not need to use an .exe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pokémon: Generations is a 3D Action/Adventure/RPG heavily inspired by both the Pokemon Anime

yE030JI.png

Perfect.

Jk, but I've always thought if they ever do a reboot I wouldn't mind if they just focus the game around gen 1 or 1 and 2. A minimal amount of pokemon to deal with so they can focus on more of the actual gameplay stuff.

They already do focus on the gameplay.

ctothej

If Nintendo's poking around Let's Play videos, there's no way they'll let this slide. Hope I'm wrong in any case.

EDIT: Why doesn't Nintendo just make a Pokemon MMO? I'm sure they could get away with a subscription model.

They already do focus on the gameplay.

You know what I'm saying. Notice the word reboot, as in there would be all new gameplay, preferable in 3D. I would rather them put more resources into making the new gameplay systems work and building the world than coming up with character models and other details for almost 700 different pokmeon.

More inovative than every pokemon game out there combined. I mean... diagonal movement and 3D battles are coming only after 10+ years.

Isn't this essentially every Pokemon game combined? Regular Pokemon with a mix of XD, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Pokepark, Rumble and whatever that game is with the NFC toys.

You know what I'm saying. Notice the word reboot, as in there would be all new gameplay, preferable in 3D. I would rather them put more resources into making the new gameplay systems work and building the world than coming up with character models and other details for almost 700 different pokmeon.

Why change what isn't broken, though?

Why change what isn't broken, though?

I'm not saying they should or will, I was just saying that if they ever go with a fleshed-out 3D RPG on home consoles that maybe for the first one they just narrow it down to 150-250 pokemon and focus on everything else, which is what this fan-made game decided to do.

Not that I think it will ever happen.

Why doesn't Nintendo just make a Pokemon MMO? I'm sure they could get away with a subscription model.

It'd almost certainly cost a shitload of money to develop, a shitload of money to maintain, and MMOs tend to be extremely risky nowadays to begin with.

With mainstream games, however, they can give GF a much smaller budget, would only have to pay for some servers (as opposed to GMs, developing new content to keep players playing, etc.), and new mainstream games will ship like 15+m while third versions/remakes will get at least 7m.

And yes, even a Pokemon MMO will be risky. Most Westerners spend most of their Pokemon time by themselves, even if they do occasionally dabble in trading or battling. In other words, a big part of the appeal in the West is the single player campaign. Meanwhile, in Japan there's a thriving local play scene in addition to single player. In other words, there's no guarantee that either of these audiences would be thriving for an MMO.

Adding online features to the mainstream Pokemon games is an infinitely safer route to take, really. I don't blame them - in recent memory most MMOs have traditionally not gotten traditional Pokemon-level profits. And no, slapping Pokemon on something doesn't guarantee amazing sales. See: Pokemon spin-offs.

EDIT: Why doesn't Nintendo just make a Pokemon MMO? I'm sure they could get away with a subscription model.
Nintendo can't even get account systems right. Hell, it took them this long just to get an actual infrastructure going. You really think they would be competent enough to manage an MMO?

Tan

Pretty neat! I love the non-traditional use of the attacks (bubble is basically a trap). But some of the posts in the thread are a little... exaggerated let's say.

Short and sweet—I like it. There are a lot of things needing work, like animations and better hit detection for Pokéballs and attacks. For that matter, my cursor moves too slow to beat Rattata with Pidgey, which fucking sucks shit. And the music's needlessly repetitive, a demo should have least a few tracks.

Pokémon battles with zoning and a limited action meter are going to be so fun when this gets an update. I love deflecting projectiles and using Smoke Screen to zone. Now just add more complexity to the battle system and I'll be a happy man.

udivision

The hyperbole in this thread exists for in the same reason that "You can customize your character!" is a hype-inducing feature reveal in 2013.

Bulbasaur

Banned
That was actually really impressive. Makes you wonder why they just don't make that difficult decision to fill their vaults with Scrooge McDuck monies.

this would be so great on WIi U with your 4 attacks mapped to ABXY and stuff like jumping, running, flying, and dodging on the shoulder buttons

Top Bottom