• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

hirokazu

Seems the ios update didn’t fix the battery saver glitch.

Cost me a goldeen.

What's the battery saver glitch?

Haven't thought about running away but you can fight the first Pokemon until you lower the gym's prestige enough to kick it out (different team) or you add in your own (same team).

Do you get XP and change prestige points if you run after winning a few battles? I've only tried run when the 1HP glitch occurs and when it works, I'm pretty sure I ended with nothing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Limit is 12.4? Eeeeenteresting
That's my current best guess based on my testing- it's 20km and everything in-game is measured in km.
I feel like as a passenger in cars, when my eggs have hatched, they've done so at faster speeds. Like, up to 20 mph even. But I haven't done any testing.
In a car, especially in traffic or and non-highway, you cover a fair amount of ground while accelerating from and decelerating toward 0, and that will all count. But 20mph consistently absolutely does not work, I was unable to get any distance logged at 16-17 on my bike.

I walked way further than normal to tackle a really weak gym, server crashed when I got there. On my way back it was back up, a large group was really excited about an Abra, I ran over to them, and it crashed again.

Really like the game, but this kind of crap already made me swear to not spend money on it, and if it keeps it up I'm gonna stop playing entirely.

So Dragonite popped up on my nearby list about an hour ago...chased it all over town for a solid 30 minutes. Never got any closer than 3 footprints away. After a while it disappeared. I am so sad right now. Fuck

Dishwalla

Banned
13669738_1187948451256475_4314898462620329728_n.jpg

masud

Banned
The game is starting to piss me off. Given that Pokeballs are so rare/expensive, and that you have to deal with a janky touch screen game to use them and that everytime you throw one your game might freeze the fact that Pokémon can escape them is kinda crappy. And it seems to be happening more and more regardless of Pokémon level.

JC Lately

What's the battery saver glitch?

The battery saver option is supposed to darken your screen while your phone is upside down to converse battery life. The app is still running so you get all the usual alerts. The glitch arises when you reorient your phone right side up. There’s about a 60/40% chance ( in my experience) that, it wont resister any of your inputs. You then have to force close the app and reopen.

ramyeon

The game is starting to piss me off. Given that Pokeballs are so rare/expensive, and that you have to deal with a janky touch screen game to use them and that everytime you throw one your game might freeze the fact that Pokémon can escape them is kinda crappy. And it seems to be happening more and more regardless of Pokémon level.
Pokeballs are rare?

I have not run out even once. I think I have close to 200 in my bag at any given time.

Tall4Life

My bad luck just got redeemed! I was in my dorm room and I checked out my tracker. Said there was a Seel and Seaking (and a Koffing but I never found him) 3 steps away. I looked around for grass and saw that it was at the dorm's parking lot. I figured it wouldn't be a hassle so I head down there and caught a 274 Seel and a 381 Seaking.

I'm heading down with some friends to a certain pokespot where another guy said he found 2 snorlaxes. Hopefully we have that same luck lol

The PokéGods smiled down upon me during my drive home today. There was a Sandslash near me as I was driving but I was going too fast and going to miss out on it. BUT at that exact moment an ambulance drove past and forced me to pull over, giving me enough time to catch it!

Someone may have died for my Sandslash, but at least they didn't die in vain.

hirokazu

The battery saver option is supposed to darken your screen while your phone is upside down to converse battery life. The app is still running so you get all the usual alerts. The glitch arises when you reorient your phone right side up. There’s about a 60/40% chance ( in my experience) that, it wont resister any of your inputs. You then have to force close the app and reopen.
Oh right. I've had that happen a lot.

Pau

Do you get XP and change prestige points if you run after winning a few battles? I've only tried run when the 1HP glitch occurs and when it works, I'm pretty sure I ended with nothing.
No idea. I haven't tried. D:

According to my Pokemon journal I've walked 21.6 miles since Thursday. I'm pretty pleased with myself.
Wait where does it show this? My journal just shows Pokemon I catch or items I've gotten. Edit: Nevermind, see it's tracked in one of the achievements.

Quonny

The PokéGods smiled down upon me during my drive home today. There was a Sandslash near me as I was driving but I was going too fast and going to miss out on it. BUT at that exact moment an ambulance drove past and forced me to pull over, giving me enough time to catch it!

Someone may have died for my Sandslash, but at least they didn't die in vain.

Please don't drive and play. Leave it open if you want for the eggs, but don't be actively looking at your screen. It's really dangerous.

thatJohann

Waiting for a new app update 1.02 so those of us with trainer club accounts can actually login after being locked out with last update.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It took exactly two minutes of me walking down the street after beginning the game for someone to give me shit for it. I live in a small town and was walking down a residential street toward the nearest monument when some redneck opens his door, shouts "PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU" at me in the most mocking hayseed tone possible, and slams his door back shut.

Already deleted the game. Nobody blinks in the city if someone is walking down the street with a phone because a hundred other people are doing it at any given time. Doing this on an empty street, especially in Trumpland, just makes you look like a freak or turns you into a target, apparently.

I guess the game was fun for the whole minute before I suddenly had to relive my entire childhood worth of being bullied for liking Pokemon. Oh well.

Nosgotham

poke balls...rare...? you live in the country? they are rare around my house but a ten minute drive to a couple spots give great pokestop concentrations

It took exactly two minutes of me walking down the street after beginning the game for someone to give me shit for it. I live in a small town and was walking down a residential street toward the nearest monument when some redneck opens his door, shouts "PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU" at me in the most mocking hayseed tone possible, and slams his door back shut.

Already deleted the game. Nobody blinks in the city if someone is walking down the street with a phone because a hundred other people are doing it at any given time. Doing this on an empty street just makes you look like a freak or turns you into a target, apparently.

I guess the game was fun for the whole minute before I suddenly had to relive my entire childhood worth of being bullied for liking Pokemon. Oh well.

that's all it took? why do you even care?

Top Bottom