• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Tried my first gym battle and got destroyed, pokemon were about the same level but nah... couldn't seem to dodge anything. I do worry that people training up their pokemon like fucking crazy will ruin this game for me when I can't or don't want to invest that much time.

J4g3r

Has there been reports of anyone getting banned yet?

It has yet to release officially in the UK, I uninstalled the APK after the rumours.

Tried my first gym battle and got destroyed, pokemon were about the same level but nah... couldn't seem to dodge anything. I do worry that people training up their pokemon like fucking crazy will ruin this game for me when I can't or don't want to invest that much time.

This is what I'm worried about - the finding Pokemon and exploring and collecting is great fun, but battles rely on being comparable to other players, and I think it needs a third major gameplay strand to add just that more depth to the game.

It has yet to release officially in the UK, I uninstalled the APK after the rumours.
I think the people who thought they were banned just had server issues and needed to force close the app and reload it. Silly people putting everyone off :)

Im in London and have been playing on and off since the original thread came up and other than server issues it has been fine for me so i say go ahead and get collecting :)

Matbtz

I think i remember someone posting a picture of a green looking zubat so they may actually be in this.

Yeah I just searched for it, but the guy said it was photoshoped just to have some fun... Maybe at a later stage, I hope they will add gen 2 pretty quickly, by the end of the year.

eyesradar

welp woke up at 7am and still no GO for Canadians.

I think I'm losing a bit of steam of this...

Seeing all these AZ/US fellas on my timeline posting cp1000+ pokes make me jealous as f**k

Ragnaroz

I think the people who thought they were banned just had server issues and needed to force close the app and reload it. Silly people putting everyone off :)

Im in London and have been playing on and off since the original thread came up and other than server issues it has been fine for me so i say go ahead and get collecting :)
Same here. Just get the apk and save yourself some annoyance.

MiTYH

My trainer club still not working?

I just caved and made a google account. Got Pinsir/Gloom as high catches on my way to work. Lost a Squirtle encounter though...

Robin64

My trainer club still not working?

I just caved and made a google account. Got Pinsir/Gloom as high catches on my way to work. Lost a Squirtle encounter though...

Over 20 hours now, seriously considering just starting again on Google if it's not sorted by 5pm (5 hours from now) today.

Seeing all these AZ/US fellas on my timeline posting cp1000+ pokes make me jealous as f**k

Or you can sideload the apk.

I've been playing when the servers are up here in Toronto, and there's already a lot of competition for gyms. So I know I'm not the only one who sideloaded it.

Kinsei

Banned

If you have an Android phone then just download the APK. It''s what I did.

Zelias

Banned

Fwiw I've been playing in the UK and haven't been banned or anything, nor have I heard anything substantive. I think there was a bit of panic over people misinterpreting the server issues as having been banned.

Robin64

Meh, sod it, can't be arsed to wait and see. Signed in with my Google account, gonna do the trick to get a Pikachu starter, then go from there. PTC may get fixed later, but who knows if it won't just die again when Europe and Canada officially get the app.

And if it does come back up in a few hours and seem stable, well then I'll just go back. No harm either way.

KingBroly

Banned
I managed to catch 4 Pokemon while I went out for a Breakfast run. Bulbasaur, 2 Pidgey and a Paras.

I maintain that the Poke-Ball throwing mechanics are TERRIBLE. I miss about 50% of the time.

Not to mention some of the Poke-Stops are awful in my area, including an Art Junkyard owned by a crazy guy, a highway sign and a Car Dealership. Also, Pokemon seem to always spawn JUST outside of my area. So that sucks.

And it's not on my Pokemon Trainer account, since that's still down, so once that goes back up, I'll be able to do all of this stuff over again >_<

What a mess.

Oh, and now it keeps saying 'check out a Pokestop' on my screen and I can't get rid of it.

eyesradar

Or you can sideload the apk.

I've been playing when the servers are up here in Toronto, and there's already a lot of competition for gyms. So I know I'm not the only one who sideloaded it.

I know. A bunch of my friends in GTA are already fuming each other.

Guess that's the perk for Android users. I'm jealous. I mean I don't really wanna risk losing my iTunes/ptc/google account over this early release tho...

I'm just salty :S

J4g3r

Fwiw I've been playing in the UK and haven't been banned or anything, nor have I heard anything substantive. I think there was a bit of panic over people misinterpreting the server issues as having been banned.

Yeah figured as much, going to go ahead and reinstall.

Wait, there's a way of getting Pikachu as a starter? Well, I'll have to just bloody catch one now. Ah well, it'd have better CP that way anyway I guess.

Just thought what might be a fun addition: being able to use the camera anywhere, so you can take photos of your actual caught Pokemon, not just in a while.

Mik2121

End of Friday and no Pokemon for Japan yet. Wonder if they'll even bother releasing this during the weekend.
It might change when it releases, but right now I'm starting to lose some of the interest I had.
The lack of communication by Niantic and any of their PR is beyond abysmal.

These server issues reminded me of something...

KSpxDzn.png

eyesradar

End of Friday and no Pokemon for Japan yet. Wonder if they'll even bother releasing this during the weekend.
It might change when it releases, but right now I'm starting to lose some of the interest I had.
The lack of communication by Niantic and any of their PR is beyond abysmal.

exactly this. Watching fans all over the world hype for this and releasing absolutely NO info for their timeframe is absolutely retarded.

Robin64

exactly this. Watching fans all over the world hype for this and releasing absolutely NO info for their timeframe is absolutely retarded.

The communication all round has been atrocious. You'd think an app that has so many large companies involved would do better on that front.

Dishwalla

Banned
Caught a Staryu in my bedroom. I do have a bowl of milk right next to me that had Trix in it a minute ago, does that count as a body of water lol?

Out of Pokeballs :(

Although it's pretty reckless but turning off AR helps so much with catching and...driving. Don't judge me.
Turning off AR helps with catching, period. It's a neat feature, and it's cool to take pictures with that on, but I like to be able to stay on the move while I'm catching a Pokemon. Sometime's it's just not convenient to stand there in front of someone's driveway aiming my phone at their house.

Juice

I am so bewildered by the login situation. After all the work they've done unifyin Nintendo ID, that's not even an option?

I heard Apple accounts are supported but with PTC down my only option was a Google account, which just seems bizarre for a game on iOS.

What the hell Nintendo.

Perth, AU.

Never seen so many people out walking the streets, this is amazing. Was bored after work last night so I went down to the local park, funnily enough three other adults skulking about with their phones out also looking for Pokemon!

Seems to be bringing out the child in a lot of people, great stuff!

thematic

walking around my neighborhood for 30 minutes, only got 1 Pokemon :(
is the Pokemon location random or pre-determined from the server?

i can see flying leafes but i didn't find any pokemon there
any tips/trick to get the Pokemon to show up?

I was able to find 3 Pokespots around where I work. The odd thing is what they are. 2 are water fountains. Ok, maybe I can understand that, but the 3rd is a statue used at a local Mexican restaurant. It's not even a fixed statue, it's moved in and out of the place as it opens and closes.

Any, caught Pinsir, Ekans, Sandshrew, and most importantly, Abra.

Seth

Pokémon trainer club logins are seriously still down? I think they just flat turned them off. They haven't been going in and out, it's just been completely down.

Have a feeling when I'm able to log in a week from now all the gyms will be impossible for me to make a dent in being so far behind and I'll lose interest in playing.

Was fully ready to spend money on this too, and I've never made a single in app purchase ever.

I am so bewildered by the login situation. After all the work they've done unifyin Nintendo ID, that's not even an option?

I heard Apple accounts are supported but with PTC down my only option was a Google account, which just seems bizarre for a game on iOS.

What the hell Nintendo.
Not Nintendos fault. They only invested in the game.

walking around my neighborhood for 30 minutes, only got 1 Pokemon :(
is the Pokemon location random or pre-determined from the server?

i can see flying leafes but i didn't find any pokemon there
any tips/trick to get the Pokemon to show up?
I've just kind of been walking wherever, sort of drifting toward the nearest Pokestop. Seems to work fine. I've never been able to get one of those leaf things to give me a Pokemon, so I gave up on following those.

Also gave up on that "nearby" feature. Absolutely useless without knowing what direction to go in.

Walking 8km or so yesterday got me like 30 Pokemon.

Gonna start jogging today now that I've figured out I can't feel my phone vibrate when I'm running, and will be bringing earbuds.

Woo, the trick works. Caught this chubby little guy.
See, I get the whole idea of catching water Pokemon near water, but how do fire and electricity Pokemon work?

I don't like choosing Charmander as my starter and ending up with 5 Bulbasaurs and still that same starter Charmander.

Blam

You know Niatic had a great base fame with Ingress and they just needed a IP or franchise to build it on. And man they hit a fucking gold mine with Pokemon Go.

Top Bottom