• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon master wannabe Ash Ketchum is a loser

JoeM86

Damn, if I could see all the champions (when Ash competed) again, I would be so hyped.

For a while, when we learned how early the Unova League was to be, I figured that the journey to the Champion League would be the filler arc. However, turns out that was wrong. Would have been better...

Episode N was alright, but could have had a more epic conclusion, but Decolora Adventures has been so without focus :/

Xzeon

Banned
never hooked up with Misty.

Ash is a failure.

and now hes got them creepy brown eyes.

oRa1Qp0.jpg

Delio

It would've been nice to see the rest of the darkrai trainers pokemon. Too bad ash could only take out 2 of the 6.

I'm shocked they showed he could take out two legendary pokemon. Showed how good of a trainer he was during that league. They just had to toss a roadblock infront of him.

Say what you will about Ash's skill, the dude got fucking robbed in the Shinnoh League championship. He probably actually could have won that tournament if the writers didn't pull a "lol god trainer that uses all legendaries" out of their ass.
And Ash still managed to be the only person that actually took down that invincible Darkrai.

Woah, what the fuck is this?
I wanna watch that! D:

zeopower6

The show can't be at its worst with this character, really. :)

Oh, I just like that set of adventures the least.... :x Max was probably the worst part, not May. But she was pretty bland.

I don't give a shit what age he is, she wanted the dick. Dude's been 10 his whole life, that excuse doens't work anymore.

True, but that was mostly a Western creation. They really pushed the Misty x Ash thing... Especially in the finale when they parted ways where they WROTE A SONG ABOUT HER GETTING MISTY about leaving. (Not in the original.)

kingkitty

Misty was Ash's true love and he just fucking dropped the ball.

I thought Ash would seal the deal with Misty in Pokemon 2000 but nope. Loser.

zeopower6

Surely that guy with all the legendary pokemon went on to become the champion?

We actually don't know many champions... Just Cynthia and Alder, I believe. Honestly, I could see that guy getting pounded by the Elite Four anyway if his Darkrai was beaten by Ash. :|

Xzeon

Banned
didnt the anime also say theres a bunch of the Legendary Pokemon and not just 1 like in the games.

i hate that they did that.

Sadist

But he won the Orange Cup and won the Battle Frontier thingy and they offered him the top position and turned it down. That´s gotta count for something right?

zeopower6

"I want to catch every Pokemon everrrrr"

"I don't want my Pokemon to go through a natural change because LOVVEEEEEEE"

Moron.

Raichu is ugly as sin. That one named Sugar that evolved in DP... Blech..

But he won the Orange Cup and won the Battle Frontier thingy and they offered him the top position and turned it down. That´s gotta count for something right?

Orange was anime only I think and the Battle Frontier still isn't an official "league" in the sense that he would be the region champion if he won. He hasn't even formally challenged an Elite Four yet.

I'm actually glad it's not like in Beyblade, Duelmasters, etc., where the good guys seem to win every single fight/cup untill they save the universe during some stupid final battle...

At least Ash has the capability to lose, making it slightly more enjoyable :p

qazqaNii

I'm actually glad it's not like in Beyblade, Duelmasters, etc., where the good guys seem to win every single fight/cup untill they save the universe during some stupid final battle...

At least Ash has the capability to lose, making it slightly more enjoyable :p

Ash hasn't even won jack shit! This thread made look into pokemon once again after tons of year

zeopower6

Ash hasn't even won jack shit! This thread made look into pokemon once again after tons of year

Oh, he has won stuff, just smallish competitions though. When it comes to his performance when it comes down to it though, he always chokes or doesn't get lucky at the last second. It's sort of sad, really. Please change things for XY. :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
May > Dawn > Misty > Iris

Brock > Cilan > Tracey

But fuck anime. Only good anime was Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Boss Doggie

Ranking May and Dawn above Misty... What... How? Why?

Actual character development. Misty remained as an annoying, whining tsundere. Her travels with Ash didn't really add more to her character. She just gained "friends".

rvy

Banned
Ranking May and Dawn above Misty... What... How? Why?

Well, Misty is sort of a slut. That thing whatever she owns... Starfishie must have seen some shit by now.

I bet it was Ash's rival too, whose name I don't remember.

Edit, Gary fucking Oak. That's it. He's not a loser.

Xzeon

Banned
Misty is always da best. No one must forget this.

Also I don't know... When was that stated? In everything I've seen there's only one of most legendarily...

Misty is awesome, but i love Dawn.

May is the worst, plus she has Max which makes her even more worse.

the new black girl, her hair is too big.

i thought in the ep when that one trainer had an Articuno, and hes like 'yeah theres more than 1 legendary, fuck you bro.'

Boss Doggie

My gripe with Misty is that her personality didn't change at all. Yeah sure she now sees Ash and Brock as friends but she remained static.

Compare her to say May who changed from someone who wasn't into Pokemon but slowly gained interest before becoming a good trainer. Same way with Dawn, though they tackled a different angle with her rather than rehashing May.

Iris however is the worst. Worse than Misty. Not only is she static in personality, she is very annoying and doesn't really provide much (pot calling kettle black).

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I understand the need to present new challenges for Ash in the show to simulate the real-life need to overcome new and unexpected hurdles, but some of them have just felt really cheap.

Aside from the already mentioned (and incredibly bullshit) Sinnoh League douchbaggery, didn't Ash challenge Gary again at the end of Hoenn and lose because Gary used a brand new Pokemon that nobody had ever seen at that point (an Electivire)?

At some point it's pretty demoralizing for kids watching the show; it basically says that no matter how hard you try, you'll never win because the world is full of cheaters and it's going to be really annoying and fuck you and all your dreams and ambitions.

No wonder Ash has become brain damaged and started giving away all his good Pokemon. It's the pressure from a really shitty world getting to the poor kid. It's gotten so bad it's messing with his ability to age genetically.

Boss Doggie

I understand the need to present new challenges for Ash in the show to simulate the real-life need to overcome new and unexpected hurdles, but some of them have just felt really cheap.

Aside from the already mentioned (and incredibly bullshit) Sinnoh League douchbaggery, didn't Ash challenge Gary again at the end of Hoenn because Gary used a brand new Pokemon that nobody had ever seen at that point (an Electivire)?

At some point it's pretty demoralizing for kids watching the show; it basically says that no matter how hard you try, you'll never win because the world is full of cheaters and it's going to be really annoying and fuck you and all your dreams and ambitions.

No wonder Ash has become brain damaged and started giving away all his good Pokemon. It's the pressure from a really shitty world getting to the poor kid. It's gotten so bad it's messing with his ability to age genetically.

Ash had beaten Gary twice in official tournaments by then though. That was just a friendly match to see how powerful Electivire was. It was a poor attempt to make Ash go to Sinnoh.

Top Bottom