• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphir demo available from Oct. 15 in Europe

L~A

Got more info, so here's a new thread...

According to Nintendo UK, you'll be able to get the demo starting October 15. Available at some retailers and partner websites:

Amazon
ShopTo
Nintendo UK web store
Smyths Toys
GAME
Wikia
Bin Weevils
Nintendo Life

Italy:

-in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November.
-during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls)***.
-during Milan Games Week, from October 24th to October 26th at Fieramilanocity.
-at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.[/QUOTE]

Belgium, Switzerland and Portugal

If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th

Some retailers will send code online, others will relay on Nintendo Zone, and some will give you download codes. Please note that this is only for the UK, other european countries will have to wait for confirmation (for the retailers giving away the demo, not the demo itself ;)).

Edit: the Netherlands will get the demo at first-look event on Oct. 11 and 12 (thanks Nintendaan for the info!).

Following on from the announcement of the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version, Nintendo UK has also today confirmed the distribution mechanism for how fans can get hold of the Special Demo Version in the UK from 15th October.

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from Game, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch.**

The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. ***

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version features gameplay that players won’t experience anywhere else. During the course of this early adventure, players are likely to encounter a familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve. What’s more, this Mega-Evolved Pokémon can be brought into the full Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games. Reward items obtained during the Special Demo Version adventure can also be brought into the full game. Details about how to bring Pokémon and items into the full game will be announced soon.

Visit Pokemon.co.uk/OmegaAlpha frequently for more Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire news and information that will roll out leading up to the November 28th launch.

Ark

A demo?!

giphy.gif

EDIT: Why do you have two threads for the same news. Huh.

L~A

And now I have half of PokéGAF hating me for that thread title... Sorry about that, I asked a mod for a title change.

Oh, and added some info for the Netherlands (thanks Nintendaan!).

EDIT: Why do you have two threads for the same news. Huh.
The nature of the news has changed from the demo being announced to where to get it. New information usually leads to new threads.

Still the how part is completely missing and that is useful to know.

To delve into speculation. I wonder how my online GAME order will get a code. I'll probably have to do it instore...at that time my nearest store will be a considerable distance from me. Maybe that will be the time to briefly risk my internet security and make an unencrypted* ' NintendoSpotPass5' hotspot (or whatever the SSID may be).

*-The Nintendo Zone viewer only works on unencrypted hotspots, even if secure ones still act like Nintendo zones in other ways (highlighting the viewer icon, giving you streetpasses etc)

And now I have half of PokéGAF hating me for that thread title... Sorry about that, I asked a mod for a title change.

Oh, and added some info for the Netherlands (thanks Nintendaan!).

Oh, I'm going to First Look!

Do I just have to bring my 3DS and download if there?

Where did you find the info?

JoeM86

Oh, I'm going to First Look!

Do I just have to bring my 3DS and download if there?

Where did you find the info?

Chances are that it will be done by a code distribution, and the code will likely not be redeemable until the 15th...that's how Switzerland is doing it. Code distribution early October at Swiss Toy expo, and then redeemable on the 15th.

L~A

The nature of the news has changed from the demo being announced to where to get it. New information usually leads to new threads.

Still the how part is completely missing and that is useful to know.

To delve into speculation. I wonder how my online GAME order will get a code. I'll probably have to do it instore...at that time my nearest store will be a considerable distance from me. Maybe that will be the time to briefly risk my internet security and make an unencrypted* ' NintendoSpotPass5' hotspot (or whatever the SSID may be).

*-The Nintendo Zone viewer only works on unencrypted hotspots, even if secure ones still act like Nintendo zones in other ways (highlighting the viewer icon, giving you streetpasses etc)

Pretty sure the codes will be readily available online.

VegiHam

Urgh, why can't it just be on the eShop? What is it with Pokemon and this refusal to just do stuff by wifi anymore? I miss getting the event legendaries, none of the GAME shops I've ever been to while these 'get a Pokemon' things have been on were actually doing them...

JoeM86

Urgh, why can't it just be on the eShop? What is it with Pokemon and this refusal to just do stuff by wifi anymore? I miss getting the event legendaries, none of the GAME shops I've ever been to while these 'get a Pokemon' things have been on were actually doing them...

The concept of event Pokémon and distributions is that they are to be held at a location to promote something. As such, throwing them online loses a large part of the reasoning for it. Most event distributions have been done in shop, not over WiFi, and the WiFi ones were all relatively insignificant. This is nothing new. In fact, event legends have only been distributed over WiFi months after their initial release in store, if at all.

VegiHam

The concept of event Pokémon and distributions is that they are to be held at a location to promote something. As such, throwing them online loses a large part of the reasoning for it. Most event distributions have been done in shop, not over WiFi, and the WiFi ones were all relatively insignificant. This is nothing new. In fact, event legends have only been distributed over WiFi months after their initial release in store, if at all.
I have every Pokemon, because all through gen 4 they gave them out via wifi.
But I don't have Meloetta cus in gen 5 they stopped. For like no reason. It's not the being late I care about, it's the not happening at all any more. Cus it's looking like I'll never get Diance and friends. And I was cool with that back when it worked like how you're describing; but if they're gunna start doing Wifi distributions only to take them away again, I'm going to complain.

And now I don't even know how to get this demo? Is it for sale? Or is it like the Smash Bros one? Cus all I'm hearing is 'distributed in like a bunch of confusing ways' but nothing else. I mean I've read the OP and all the obvious news sites but it doesn't really tell me what to do. 'Go on the eShop and get it' would be easier; if it's available everywhere then it isn't promoting anything?

Italy:

-in Topolino and Il Giornalino magazine, end of October, and in Focus Junior magazine, in early November.
-during the Nintendolandia Tour (October 18th / December 14th in the main Italian malls)***.
-at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.

L~A

Italy:

-at Nintendo stand in G come Giocare, from November 21st to November 23rd at Fieramilanocity.

Thanks for the info, adding that to the OP.

So, what does the demo actually involve? Can you catch Pokemon and then transfer them to your main game?

You can get a special Mega-Evolution, that you'll be able to transfer in the full game (along with all items).

JoeM86

If you're in Belgium, you can receive the demo at the F.A.C.T.S. festival in Ghent on October 18th/19th and the Nintendo On Tour Mall Tour. Portuguese players can receive the demo at IBERANIME OPO 2014, Lisbon Comic Con Games Week and at FNAC, Media Markt and El Corte Inglés from October 15th. Switzerland will receive the demo at the Swiss Toy Fair from October 1st to October 5th, but the codes for the demo cannot be redeemed until October 15th

L~A

Added to OP. Thanks :)

L~A

Hopefully, codes aren't country-locked (no reason for them to be, but that's Nintendo we're talking about : /). That way, we can have a nice giveaway thread!

By the way, PR:

Following on from the announcement of the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version, Nintendo UK has also today confirmed the distribution mechanism for how fans can get hold of the Special Demo Version in the UK from 15th October.

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version will be available in the UK from Game, Amazon, Smyth Toys Superstores, ShopTo and the Nintendo UK Official Store from the 15th October until launch.**

The codes will then also be made available through a number of other partners including Wikia, Bin Weevils and Nintendo Life until mid-November. ***

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version features gameplay that players won’t experience anywhere else. During the course of this early adventure, players are likely to encounter a familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve. What’s more, this Mega-Evolved Pokémon can be brought into the full Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games. Reward items obtained during the Special Demo Version adventure can also be brought into the full game. Details about how to bring Pokémon and items into the full game will be announced soon.

Visit Pokemon.co.uk/OmegaAlpha frequently for more Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire news and information that will roll out leading up to the November 28th launch.

Here are the footnotes:
**Amazon, Smyths Toys, ShopTo and Nintendo UK Official Store will be sending these codes out to fans via their internal databases.

***Other partners will be announced in due course.
Well actually the Nintendo UK site has this line
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Nintendo-2DS-Transparent-Red-and-Nintendo-2DS-Transparent-Blue-releasing-on-7th-November-920529.html said:
Finally, these codes will also be available via the Pokémon stand at MCM London from the 24th – 26th October.
Pokemon stand? I wonder if this is whatever they didn't sell in Pokemon centre Paris...

GAME not being included in the internal databases makes me think it is instore only. Ugh.

So, what does the demo actually involve? Can you catch Pokemon and then transfer them to your main game?

I think so. Here me out:
Smash is unlimited because you can transfer the coins you get in game. Perhaps you can transfer whatever Pokémon you get. I bet the demo is probably up to the first gym.

I bet the US demo will be around the same time as the EU demo, but they are waiting for the fall Direct.

I said it when I gave out my spare smash bros codes, but this is the demo I really care about and will be gutted if my selection for the smash bros demo means I get passed over for this one.

OMG Aero

If the demo is sent over Nintendo Zone that means you can just change your network SSID and connect from home right?

I hope the US demo is about the same time. I don't want America getting it a week late then retorting with a false equivalence of "don't you ever complain about getting the full game a week later you got a DEMO a week earlier." I'm not a big fan of this whole limited distribution to make it more special thing myself.

I think so. Here me out:
Smash is unlimited because you can transfer the coins you get in game. Perhaps you can transfer whatever Pokémon you get. I bet the demo is probably up to the first gym.

I bet the US demo will be around the same time as the EU demo, but they are waiting for the fall Direct.
Weirdly enough, some Nintendo FAQs are saying the coins can't be transferred and are just "for fun".

The uses is down to distribution. Demos download from the eShop have to have up to 30 uses but demos from other sources (i.e. download codes) are not bound by such limitations.

The Pokemon demo already has screenshots out. It is one of the late game cities (the one with the space rocket on it), you start with one of the starters (bet this is the mega you can transfer), can fight a few wild Pokemon and a double battle against the second in command team aqua and magma people (they are using Camerupt and Sharpedo, bet these mega evolve).

There might be some daily events or something as they have said something about being rewarded for playing it multiple times (unless this is just seeing different Pokemon).

If the demo is sent over Nintendo Zone that means you can just change your network SSID and connect from home right?
Just remember you can't have any security on the wireless access point so silent SSID, MAC whitelist and router admin page open checking connected devices.

Top Bottom