• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT| Ultra Beasts and where to find them

His home: His father subtly talks about beating him, and his house has a bunch of bent golf clubs in it. He also talks about wanting to be a trial captain, but failing, and then when you get to Po Town, it's basically an island challenge from start to finish that he recreated himself. He's living his childhood dreams through Team Skull, pretty much because he was abused as a child

Neiteio

His home: His father subtly talks about beating him, and his house has a bunch of bent golf clubs in it. He also talks about wanting to be a trial captain, but failing, and then when you get to Po Town, it's basically an island challenge from start to finish that he recreated himself. He's living his childhood dreams through Team Skull, pretty much because he was abused as a child
I don't remember this. Where is this on the second island? And what explicit ties are there to Guzma?

Berordn

I don't remember this. Where is this on the second island? And what explicit ties are there to Guzma?

It's not outright revealed to be Guzma until the postgame. The abuse isn't explicit, you could assume it to be emotional or just tied to Pokemon battling, but they don't say one way one way or the other.

half edit:
What it does really well, regardless of the cause, is explain why he was drawn to Lusamine and just what he was attempting to accomplish in Po Town.

Neiteio

Guzma may be a jerk, but at least as of Island 4, I get the impression he wouldn't actually kill someone. Steal their stuff and send them running, sure, but he's not a murderer like that genocidal psycho from XY. He seems like he could be a redeemable character, although I'll have to wait and see where they take his character.

Guzma may be a jerk, but at least as of Island 4, I get the impression he wouldn't actually kill someone. Steal their stuff and send them running, sure, but he's not a murderer like that genocidal psycho from XY. He seems like he could be a redeemable character, although I'll have to wait and see where they take his character.
I love him so much.

Also do I get to hand pick all the Kahunas now that I've caught he Tapus or what

Considering the relative population of Alola vs the number of Grunts, Team Skull seems to make up like 50% of the population of the entire region.

A lot of broken homes and troubled kids live in Alola, I guess.

Guzma and the other villains in this game are my favorite in the series. I would like to see Giovanni come back someday and be fleshed out more, though.
My favorite part is that they don't step on Rockets toes. Like I love Giovanni and Guzma for completely different reasons.

So this is 30 hours, right?

Also, the Yo-Kai Watch demo I see on my homescreen is from it?
Took me 51 to see the credits, 70 to do major postgame stuff.

DrArchon

Now that I'm on the final island, I'm starting to think that I should have a good Fairy type on my team. Partially because I'm anticipating either a tough Dragon totem fight or a Dragon using E4 member, and partially because I never played X/Y so Fairy is 100% new to me.

What are the best options of Fairy in-game? I have a Popplio so I can breed for a Primarina with a decent nature if I have to, or I can go catch something else. I'm leaning towards Ribombee right now because it actually has a respectable speed stat, but I'm concerned that it'll get killed by anything that it can't OHKO.

wiibomb

Do you remember that house on the second island I think? With the room full of trophies and the bent golf clubs? Implying the dad beat the son living there with them?

That's Guzma's home.

omg I didn't realize!! I guess I wasn't checking too hard on this pkm.... glad you pointed it out, thanks..

this makes Guzma very interesting indeed, and now he has a kind of codependency with Lusamine who is this very bad mother..

yeah this pkm is very interesting

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Does anyone else know about grinding money with Tauros on Poni Coast? Busting rocks can drop Stardusts, Star Pieces, and Comet Shards. Poni Coast has the best drop rates and it's quick to reset the rocks by going off screen at both ends of the route.

I tested it twice for 10 minutes each run.

1st run: 160,500 (2 Shards, 12 Pieces, 19 Dusts)
2nd run: 198,000 (4 Shards, 9 Pieces, 16 Dusts)

Way better than E4 runs if your goal is just earning money. The reward from the UB quest only goes so far. The clothes at the Hau'oli Mall are incredibly expensive if you want them all, especially those damn leather backpacks.

Qurupeke

And I thought the UBs were a pain to catch. Fuck the Tapus. Syncrhonize works 1 in 5 times, they hit hard and they're generally annoying...

wiibomb

OMG the latest note from Kotaku regarding Mohn...

I didn't read those files, I didn't even remember his name after he said it..

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
And I thought the UBs were a pain to catch. Fuck the Tapus. Syncrhonize works 1 in 5 times, they hit hard and they're generally annoying...
UBs are like so easy to catch; their AI is definitely powered up though.
Does anyone else know about grinding money with Tauros on Poni Coast? Busting rocks can drop Stardusts, Star Pieces, and Comet Shards. Poni Coast has the best drop rates and it's quick to reset the rocks by going off screen at both ends of the route.

I tested it twice for 10 minutes each run.

1st run: 160,500 (2 Shards, 12 Pieces, 19 Dusts)
2nd run: 198,000 (4 Shards, 9 Pieces, 16 Dusts)

Way better than E4 runs if your goal is just earning money. The reward from the UB quest only goes so far. The clothes at the Hau'oli Mall are incredibly expensive if you want them all, especially those damn leather backpacks.
lolya, I was watching a Japanese streamer do this yesterday.

Top Bottom