• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT| Ultra Beasts and where to find them

Battle Royal has less frame drops than I initially thought. Actually runs pretty clean. And 252 HP, Rocky Helmet, Innards Out Pyukumuku is a God in here. Gets one-shot by most moves, and usually one shots whoever hit it. Plus Toxic stall for my mons that come in later with priority moves.

I'm having too much fun lol.

I don't get, why don't they just hide trainers in double battles? Certainly that would help with performance? And it'd be a minor thing lost, but is it really worth the performance hit?

xpZ82Lr.jpg

Beat the elite four and ribombee did nothing. Was a free loader lol

Renkax

Literally had 1 Pokemon that killed my whole team. That one Pokemon was all I needed to defeat to win the elite 4. Fucking probopass man lmao. My arcanine who never missed a flame charge was thunder waved . Paralyzed , and I was able to attack but the attack missed for the first time ever! He was with me the whole way just to destroy me. 😭💔

Trakan

So where can I get a Sun stone? I need some extra evolutions to complete my first dex

I got a bunch of Sun/Moon stones by using Pickup Meowths trying to get a Destiny Knot.

Can I see someone's
Necrozma for the Pokedex entry? It's the last Pokemon I need for a 100% Pokedex and I haven't even started the UB questline yet.

Astral

Did anyone else want your trainer and
Lillie to hold hands during the fireworks at the end?
I was saying "do it!" over and over again out loud lol. Am I the only weird one? I thought it would've been cute as fuck.

Quick question about egg moves.

Lets say my I'm breeding a Poke for EMs, but with the starting moves it can only get 2 egg moves at a time.

If i breed for more egg moves using the Pokemon that already learned the moves and has all 4 moveslots filled up, will the new moves still be passed down?

Example:

Wimpod with Aqua Jet, Spikes, Struggle Bug (Starting), Sandattack (Starting)

Breed with Metapod for Harden.

Will the resulting Wimpod still learn all 3 egg moves 'stored'? AKA use move relearner?

Just got to the fourth island

Litmittens (Incineroar)
Bugzilla (Golisopod)
Torrentula (Araquanid)
Haramball (Passimian)
Toucannon (no name change because fuck thats great)

And alternating between

Anchurse (Dhelmise)
Fungustus (Shiinotic)

Finding it so different to past games.

I haven't had switch or Exp share on once
My Pokemon are all 41-43 and wild Pokemon and some trainers are on 45 now

Lost for the first time since Ghetsis to the water totem; haven't lost since but one or two very close run ins;

One with
Lusamine - tough team. Kept Strength Sapping her Bewear until his brutal swing became negligible
One call for help baille oricorio in the wild truly fucked me. Just kept teeter dancing and fucking me over. But I eventually got through and caught one

emb

Yoo thats dark!
Team Skull as a whole felt pretty dark to me. Past games showed the evil team as organized criminals unified to a purpose. Skull felt like a bunch of incompetent kids that got sucked into a gang, turning to them as the only family they could rely on. Team Skull members being just a little bit more than one dimensional changed the feel a lot.
Lost for the first time since Ghetsis to the water totem; haven't lost since but one or two very close run ins;

One with [ spoiler ]
This game had a lot of late game battles that gave me close calls. I think a lot of it came down to me just using whatever I liked and not worrying much about my team, but it really surprised me how strong some stuff was.

Also, careful with the spoiler tags. :)

Team Skull as a whole felt pretty dark to me. Past games showed the evil team as organized criminals unified to a purpose. Skull felt like a bunch of incompetent kids that got sucked into a gang, turning to them as the only family they could rely on. Team Skull members being just a little bit more than one dimensional changed the feel a lot.
Agreed!

Trakan

Can I see someone's
Necrozma for the Pokedex entry? It's the last Pokemon I need for a 100% Pokedex and I haven't even started the UB questline yet.

Nevermind, I ended up getting one from the GTS. Finished the Pokedex. First time I did it since R/B/Y. It took a while, but it's so much easier now with the GTS.

Semajer

Seeing as this thread is more active I may as well cross-post:

Trying to fill my living 'dex. I need the following:

Slowking
Politoed
Probopass
Porygon 2
Vanillish
Frosslass
Weavile
Krookodile
Vibrava
Flygon
Gible
Garchomp
Honchkrow
Riolu
Lucario
Scizor
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Relicanth
Dragonair
Dragonite

If anyone has spares of these, or their pre-evos (to make levelling quicker) I'd be appreciative. I've got quite a few spares for trading myself. Nothing decent EV or IV wise though.

Kinsei

Banned
Nevermind, I ended up getting one from the GTS. Finished the Pokedex. First time I did it since R/B/Y. It took a while, but it's so much easier now with the GTS.

You're not quite done yet. You also need Magearna to truly complete the Alolan dex.

Brakke

Banned
Bred up a clutch of Adamant Rowlet to trade around, ended up with more than I needed so I shipped them out over Wonder Trade. Which. Lol. Got a bunch of complete trash but did snag an Adamant Ditto (!) and a Wingull who came in a Master Ball (!).

Sarcasm

Man I am really hating Nintendo's region locking. I had to wait til I flew back to buy a N3DS XL (NA) and I bought MH4U. Well months later this game is out and they won't accept my card as I live in a different country. Take my money...

Can't even buy cards and be angry about left over change I can't use.

This might be a stupid question, but are there any other gen starter Pokemon in this game? I remember X offered a first gen starter so just curious.

Fandangox

This might be a stupid question, but are there any other gen starter Pokemon in this game? I remember X offered a first gen starter so just curious.

I think the Gen 2 and Gen 5 starters are available through the Island Scan feature, but which ones you get is random, depends on the island you are on when you use Island Scan, and you may get a different non-starter mon altogether.

Razmos

Nanu's Krokorok is one shotting all of my pokemon lol. Earthquake on Ninetails, Earthquake on Grimer, Crunch on Decidueye, Earthquake on Salazzle lol, outspeeding everything.

Araquanid managed to take it out with a scald, phew.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I think the Gen 2 and Gen 5 starters are available through the Island Scan feature, but which ones you get is random, depends on the island you are on when you use Island Scan, and you may get a different non-starter mon altogether.

As a note, it's not random, it's based on both the island you scan, and the day of the week.

For example, Friday on 1st island is Chikorita, Cyndaquil on Sunday, and Monday Totodile.

You can see the whole list On Serebii here

It also has some pretty decent pokemon on later islands, as well.

edit:

Is there a place that sells Thunderstones or do I have to rely on Pelago?

IIRC Konikoni rock shop has the 'base 3' - water, thunder, fire.

Not 100% sure, tho.

Top Bottom