• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Bank may not be compatible with Sun and moon on release

Razmos

From Serebii:
The Pokémon Company today reuploaded a trailer for Pokémon Bank, but within this trailer's description, it stated the timing for the special update to Pokémon Bank that will add support for Pokémon Sun & Moon, as well as Pokémon Red, Green, Blue & Yellow. This update is currently tentatively schedule for January 2017, later than the autumn timing that was stated in the Pokémon Direct back in February. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking back

This is really disappointing if true, as it means we'll be locked out from transferring over our favourites for months after release

entremet

I'd wager so people could focus on the new monsters as well.

This also means no hacked mons for a bit.

Bad news, tho.

I wanted to get 3 starters.

Eh, don't fundamentally mind too much. Giving me a few months to use the newbies is no bad thing, and it's not like my guys on the Bank are going anywhere.

Syntsui

Not a problem, I just hope there is a way to prevent bank Pokémon from online play when the transfers are available. The previous gen is beyond repair with the amount of perfect hacked Pokémons.

I actually find this a bit refreshing as that means everyone starts on even footing and no one will be importing potentially overpowered mon early

I can understand wanting people to just play the game. But it doesn't take that long to beat the games. Waiting a week for the bank would be fine, over a month is far to long.

Chase17

Fine by me. Will be nice to see everyone just using the regional dex online and such. Two months isn't too bad a wait.

Not a problem, I just hope there is a way to prevent bank Pokémon from online play when the transfers are available. The previous gen is beyond repair with the amount of perfect hacked Pokémons.

As 3DS is already hacked and in all likelihood Gen 7 will use similar save file and Pokemon file structures to Gen 6 it will only be a few weeks after release before Gen 7 is hacked. It will probably be hacked before Gen 1 and Gen 3-6 Pokemon are available to be transferred.

Razmos

I actually find this a bit refreshing as that means everyone starts on even footing and no one will be importing potentially overpowered mon early
Yeah I can definitely see that and it's definitely a positive of this situation, but on the other hand...

I can understand wanting people to just play the game. But it doesn't take that long to beat the games. Waiting a week for the bank would be fine, over a month is far to long.
It's a lot of waiting around for those that like to get involved in the competitive side of things

Ricitor

That's disappointing. I am just two Pokemon away from a living dex in ORAS. Hopefully by the time I get to end game in Sun or Moon it will be up (doubt it).
Will be nice just to focus on the new Pokemon though.

Sayad

Good news afaic, allows the game to develop a meta around the available collection before all hell break loose.

Syntsui

As 3DS is already hacked and in all likelihood Gen 7 will use similar save file and Pokemon file structures to Gen 6 it will only be a few weeks after release before Gen 7 is hacked. It will probably be hacked before Gen 1 and Gen 3-6 Pokemon are available to be transferred.

Only old firmware 3DS are hacked no? Wouldn't this prevent them from playing online at the very least?

Parshias7

The only downer for me is not being able to transfer my False Swipe/Spore Pokemon for catching stuff in the new gen when I want to fill out my Pokedex.

That's okay. I would have just filled the Pokedex up immediately if they had made it available. This way I'll get to learn every route and location and what Pokemon are available.

Oh god I'm turning into serebii

No no, this is fucking dumb yo. I want my ORAS team in there stat

MegaMelon

Not too big a deal but I'm dissapointed that there isn't a way to transfer from gen 6 to gen 7 using 2 3ds's. I give gen 5 to 6 a pass due to going through ds--->3ds. Whilst we (probably?) can trade directly, a manual group transfer option would be nice. I'm not doing 700+ pokemon one at a time :p

Only old firmware 3DS are hacked no? Wouldn't this prevent them from playing online at the very least?

No. I'm not sure what Firmwares are hacked right now but they are all pretty recent. I think that some 11.0 Firmwares have been hacked. Regardless if someone has two 3DS' they can bypass this. The first is hacked and they can extract (and then edit and reinsert) the savefile by inserting the cart in that one and then play online with the hacked save by inserting the cart into the updated non-hacked 3DS.

Edit: Yep, just had a look at my hacked 3DS and it is on firmware 11.0.0-33E. The newest firmware is 11.0.0-34E.

trugs26

I only transfer for completing the Pokedex. So I don't care at all that it's not there at launch. You basically play the game for what it is, then once you're done with it, you can bombard it with all your old Pokemon.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I actually think this is a good thing, as long as it comes no later than January.

ar4757

I like this. It was a cool dynamic in X/Y when it was all fresh new mons

And then they delayed Pokemon bank even more and i was mad

Syntsui

No. I'm not sure what Firmwares are hacked right now but they are all pretty recent. I think that some 11.0 Firmwares have been hacked. Regardless if someone has two 3DS' they can bypass this. The first is hacked and they can extract (and then edit and reinsert) the savefile by inserting the cart in that one and then play online with the hacked save by inserting the cart into the updated non-hacked 3DS.

Edit: Yep, just had a look at my hacked 3DS and it is on firmware 11.0.0-33E.

Whelp, there's literally no reason to take competitive Pokémon seriously then. What a shame.

HMMMMM, i dunno man. I want a charizard in my team (i´d breed a charmander out of a charizard from the bank). The rest would be new pokemans, but i want my charizard. HMMMMM. Not pleased. (personally don´t care for online battles, so whatever on that front for me).

entremet

That's okay. I would have just filled the Pokedex up immediately if they had made it available. This way I'll get to learn every route and location and what Pokemon are available.

Oh god I'm turning into serebii

No no, this is fucking dumb yo. I want my ORAS team in there stat
Sounds boring.

Isn't the fun catching and training new monsters?

Syntsui

HMMMMM, i dunno man. I want a charizard in my team (i´d breed a charmander out of a charizard from the bank). The rest would be new pokemans, but i want my charizard. HMMMMM. Not pleased. (personally don´t care for online battles, so whatever on that front for me).

You will get your Charmander in Alola. There is no way it won't be in the game considering you can ride Charizards there.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What? Hell no, I have an almost complete living dex there, I don't want to have to catch all 721 mons again.

Whelp, there's literally no reason to take competitive Pokémon seriously then. What a shame.

Breed your own?

I mean if there was no hacks then people would still have perfect pokemon... Illegal movesets can't be transferred and I doubt the vast majority of Pokemon players are abusing the game.

This is really non news.

I mean this is finally the game where EVERYTHING got switched up. Idk bout y'all but Im playing it fresh, I aint worried about no damn transfers until the game is finished.

The thing about hacked Pokemon is the start of a gem brings about a lot of players. A lot of players who don't use hacks so your chance of getting a shiny from wonder trade is actually going to be lower than it is in Gen VI right now (one of my favourite Gen VI moments was pre-bank getting a shiny from wonder trade, it was a Happiny nicknamed "No thanks" with 0IV in HP and defence).

There will be perfect legit Pokemon in Gen VII given the existence of the IV maxing item.

Syntsui

Breed your own?

I mean if there was no hacks then people would still have perfect pokemon... Illegal movesets can't be transferred and I doubt the vast majority of Pokemon players are abusing the game.

This is really non news.

I mean this is finally the game where EVERYTHING got switched up. Idk bout y'all but Im playing it fresh, I aint worried about no damn transfers until the game is finished.

The vast majority won't hack, but whoever takes the competitive scene seriously most definitely will, or at the very least will bring their hacked Pokémons from the previous Gen. Even this year Major's champion was already caught with hacked Pokémons while playing casuals a while ago.

The thing about hacked Pokemon is the start of a gem brings about a lot of players. A lot of players who don't use hacks so your chance of getting a shiny from wonder trade is actually going to be lower than it is in Gen VI right now (one of my favourite Gen VI moments was pre-bank getting a shiny from wonder trade, it was a Happiny nicknamed "No thanks" with 0IV in HP and defence).

There will be perfect legit Pokemon in Gen VII given the existence of the IV maxing item.
Is it confirmed Hyper Training will allow to modify every single IV from every single Pokémon so easily?

Parshias7

I always wonder if the people who are constantly complaining about perfect IV Pokemon online ever bothered trying to breed their own Pokemon in-game or not.

I don't even care about hacked Pokemon because GameFreak has made it easier than ever to make your own good Pokemon. In X/Y I had about a box and a half worth of 5IV Pokemon with the perfect IVs in the proper places, which is all you need for the majority of competitive Pokemon. And now they're adding a way to increase a Pokemon's IVs after the fact so making your own team of perfect Pokemon should be a breeze.

Top Bottom