• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Bank may not be compatible with Sun and moon on release

Kneefoil

It's too bad you can't get all three starters on your own without it, if you have only one game/3DS. Still, I'm fine with this. At least you can still get them through GTS.

Mr-Joker

Banned
sept20_p13_01_en.png

I like how they chose Charmander...it's like they're mocking me. -_-

I wonder why it's not a priority for launch.

Mostly likely more focus on Sun and Moon, remember Game Freak is a small team.

It's a little disappointing that Gen VI Pokémon can never go back after touching Sun/Moon. It makes sense though, but man...

Yeah that's a shame as it means that they miss out on TM and move tutors moves in gen 6.

Well, I guess I won't be buying Sun/Moon then. The one reason I specifically wanted it was to fix the horrible IVs on my shiny Gardevoir and send it back to X, the rest of the game doesn't interest me much.

Or you could buy Sun and Moon, transfer you Gardevoir and fix her IV and then use her in the meta game as everyone will move over to Sun and Moon.

Wouldn't have a problem with this if it wasn't for the fact that the bank requires a paid subscription. Just seems like an unnecessary inconvenience.

It's only 2 month and it's to ensure that the update will work properly without any bugs or straining the server like what happened when Bank was first launched.

Wiseblade

Yeah that's a shame as it means that they miss out on TM and move tutors moves in gen 6.
I'm tempted to leave my 6IV Ditto in OmegaRuby along with a small breeding party to retain access to Gen VI movesets. I can just use Hyper Training to make a new 6IV Ditto for Sun/Moon. At least now I have 2 months to decide.

The most amazing part is that they are not intending to buy it even once bank is patched.

Nope, no bank day1, then I'm out!
Try reading, you can't transfer from Sun/Moon back to Gen 6 at all which is my complaint, not the delay.

To what end? You won't get many Multiplayer battles unless you move to the current games and perfect IVs are completely unnecessary for playing the game otherwise. The satisfaction of knowing they're there?
Or you could buy Sun and Moon, transfer you Gardevoir and fix her IV and then use her in the meta game as everyone will move over to Sun and Moon.

Not interested in competitive, it's for friend battles. When a Pokemon game that we all get heavily into comes along I'll transfer my team forwards, otherwise they'll stay on a previous favourite game. Sun/Moon aren't going to be that game.

Wiseblade

Not interested in competitive, it's for friend battles. When a Pokemon game that we all get heavily into comes along I'll transfer my team forwards, otherwise they'll stay on a previous favourite game. Sun/Moon aren't going to be that game.
if it's for non-competitive battles with friends, you don't need perfect IVs anyway.

Gorillaz

Makes a little sense, they want everyone to start on equal footing I get that.Sucks due to the subscription nature of it but I think this is a easy pill to swallow.

woopWOOP

I don't bother with online play, but I get why they do it and honestly I don't really mind.

Only downside is I can't offer cool shit to easily get the other starter I want for my first playthrough.
Guess I'll just have to beg someone on GAF for one instead. We EU peasants get it a week later anyhoo, I'm sure one of you has already finished it and started breeding like crazy with Dittos by then.

It definitely sucks. Mainly because breeding will be a pain in the ass for the first 2 months. No 6IV ditto... damn. Also, no access to a lot of pokemon for the first 2 months. It was worse with XY though. Didn't get bank until like 4 months after launch.

I don't really care about the wait but it's some real bullshit you can't move pokemon back and forth between gen 6 and 7 when the PokeBank can act as a filter between the two (which it already does, stopping players from transferring pokemon with new ORAS moves back to XY).

If the new Bank PokeDex works as it should (automatically transferring your dex to any gen 6/7 games you open with it) then I can live with it. If not, it's pretty shitty.

stn

Are they planning to make the Bank compatible with the Platinum gen? Never had a Bank subscription but would get it for this.

Meffer

It should be ready from the get go when Sun and Moon comes out. This is the Pokemon Company for crying out loud.

Meffer

Are they planning to make the Bank compatible with the Platinum gen? Never had a Bank subscription but would get it for this.

They made the Pokemon Transfer system for that. It's the app that allows you to transfer your Pokemon from the DS games to the PokeBank.

It definitely sucks. Mainly because breeding will be a pain in the ass for the first 2 months. No 6IV ditto... damn. Also, no access to a lot of pokemon for the first 2 months. It was worse with XY though. Didn't get bank until like 4 months after launch.

There could be wild Dittos in SM. The only games they weren't in were Ruby and Sapphire so I'd say the chances of them being in SM are pretty high.

They made the Pokemon Transfer system for that. It's the app that allows you to transfer your Pokemon from the DS games to the PokeBank.

Not compatible with Gen 4. Only Gen 5.

Good so people can experience online play without OP Pokémon. Yet I'm pretty sure people will start hacking the game before Pokémon Bank is avaible for Sun and Moon.

i-Jest

Meh, it wouldn't be the first time I've started over from the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually trying to find a way to crack down on transferring hacks/illegals before they make the bank compatible with the new games.

Wiseblade

Actually, it's the opposite. Sun/Moon have a feature allowing people to increase the IVs of a Pokémon to maximum. 6IV Ditto for everyone!

Wiseblade

Providing you can actually catch Ditto's in Alola
I think it's safe to assume so. Ditto has been available in every game since Emerald, I don't see why Game Freak would stop now. Why bother adding Hyper Training and set breeding back a step in the same game?

lupinko

Well for breeding purposes I'll need to reset for female starters with the right nature then.

I have 4 3DS and will be getting six copies of the game (S&M NA and JP carts, Sun NA and Moon JP Eshop).

It's not a big deal.

Koren

Not a problem, I just hope there is a way to prevent bank Pokémon from online play when the transfers are available. The previous gen is beyond repair with the amount of perfect hacked Pokémons.
It'll be the same with Gen 7 even before Bank is available.

Also, you want to remove all the legendaries/event pokemons from online play (unless they put all of them in Sun/Moon)? I doubt that would suit many...

What? Hell no, I have an almost complete living dex there, I don't want to have to catch all 721 mons again.
You could just breed the ones you have to get gen 7 ones, no?

(I'm in the same case, I don't care for battles, but I want a complete dex... although I hope they'll increase the number of boxes, because we'll go over 1000 this time with variations...)

Koren

It definitely sucks. Mainly because breeding will be a pain in the ass for the first 2 months. No 6IV ditto... damn.
Am I wrong assuming nearly all 6IV dittos are hacked?

I mean, I dexnav-hunt dittos in ORAS for a VERY LONG time, and only got a dozen 4IV and a single 5IV. That's with a high 3IV rate because of the dexnav. 5IV is probably as rare as shinies, 6IV are... as rare as a box of shinies.

But yes, I will wait for Bank for breeding (although I still don't like you have to tied a 3DS to a Nintendo account to be able to use bank :/ I still haven't done this)

I haven't gone back to the Bank or Pokemon Red for some time, so it's no big deal for me.
I'll have to consider finishing Red and Omega Ruby next month, though, before Sun and Moon come out.

Wiseblade

Real Talk: I don't want to hear anyone complaining about legal hacks anymore. Sun & Moon will be flooded with legal 6IV Dittos and anybody willing can get their own. With the playing field levelled, why do you care how other people got their Pokémon? I don't use hacks, but I don't care if my opponents do. They can't bring out anything I can't get myself, so what difference does it make?

I mean, I dexnav-hunt dittos in ORAS for a VERY LONG time, and only got a dozen 4IV and a single 5IV. That's with a high 3IV rate because of the dexnav. 5IV is probably as rare as shinies, 6IV are... as rare as a box of shinies.
RNG abuse - That's where mine came from. I'd assume a good percentage are too. If you comfortable hacking, why bother with a 6IV Ditto?

But yes, I will wait for Bank for breeding (although I still don't like you have to tied a 3DS to a Nintendo account to be able to use bank :/ I still haven't done this)

Assuming 3 forced 31's through dexnav a 5 iv one would be 1/1024. Which is slightly more common than the shiny rate with Shiny Charm(3/4096).
A 6 iv one under the same assumptions would be 1/32768 or a about 8 times rares than the base shiny rate for a gen 6 game.

All 6 iv Ditto are very likely to at least be RNG abused. Fortunately hyper training should make it possible for everyone to get a legit 6 iv Ditto.

freoleo29

but you could legit exploit and make perfect shinys in XY shortly after release. That's how I got my Greninja

Not before bank was released Afaik
Unless you mean the SV thing? which in that case you still had to legit breed all your mons and then find someone to hatch it for you, which doesn't effect the Meta at all except that you had a shiny.

I was more talking about playing XY smogon tiers without legends being in every single team, there was so much more diversity at the beginning but now if you wanted to play oras smogon literally every team you face will have a latios or landorus or keldeo.

Was definitely the most enjoyable meta of Gen 6 for me

Top Bottom