• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 confirmed for Nintendo DS

We're still so in the dark on this game, but I'm excited already. This is, in effect, like fusing Gen 1 and Gen 2 together in the course of a single generation, by having the original and the seqeul together.

Valnen

They're even telling you to not buy their new games too.

I would have bought a 3DS for a new Pokemon game. Bummer. Really dumb move.

I think by really dumb you mean really smart. Not all of us can afford to just up and buy a 3DS at the drop of a hat. I can however afford one of these games.

Time to continue the barely existent plotline from the previous game!
Do we lose the badges we gained Metroid Style and have to regain them?
Or does the previous main character do a Red and become a mountain hermit?

Since they are on DS, does this mean that the 3DS is now dead and that Nintendo will either release a new Game Boy in the style of the PSVita by next year or abandon dedicated handhelds all together and switch to iOS development?

Comet

Sigh... what a stupid cash-in. Shame on you Gamefreaks/Nintendo. I guess the series, while Black/White were still fun, continues to remain stagnant. Oh well, plenty of great RPGs coming.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ahrjc.png

What's this say then?

Much better than the movie poster which made the other forms look fat and dumb.

Ryoku

I feel as if this is their way of making money in between releases. They also keep up popularity if they do it right (then again, it's Pokemon). I feel as if they're going to try and please fans by releasing trilogies instead of two games, and a third version, for each generation. By doing this, the "stale" period between generations can be avoided.

Huff

Banned
I think by really dumb you mean really smart. Not all of us can afford to just up and buy a 3DS at the drop of a hat. I can however afford one of these games.

Drop of a hat? The 3DS will have been out for 2 years by the time we get these games

Thoraxes

Well at least this is importable. Games don't have much kanji in them compared to other games, so this is totally playable for me.

I just want to know what kind of content is in it?

Also this thing is gonna sell shittons, and users of both systems are gonna buy it. It's a smart move really while the install base is only around 5 mil in Japan.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like how all of us at Team 3DS have jumped on to the "this isn't Grey!" excuse.

That's right, run away with your tails between your legs...

I wonder if these will come out in US and Europe this year then, they have good incentive to push them out as quickly as possible.

Acerac

Banned
The normal DS, eh?

Will it look as bad as the first ones did on the 3DS? I no longer have my DS Lite and it'd suck if the image quality was as bad as it was with Black and White.

Wizpig

1] Didn't buy BW waiting for Grey, first time i skipped a generation

2] No Grey, instead... direct sequels
3] Will probably buy and play on DS Lite (LOL) if this is Grey with another name and two versions (same plot as BW, nothing missing, new content like Hoenn from gen 3 since you can see two stones in the logo for BW2)

4] Best option in my case is still wait for Gen 6 on 3DS hoping for a fucking revolution, all 3d, huge world, better online and hope they start milking the franchise a little bit less.

Top Bottom