• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sword and Shield: new Gym Leader

Michele

you.
We have a new gym leader on Galar!!
0ZqYbtA.png

Saber

Gold Member
That rumor was right! In almost every single thing!

So in the end, Scorbunny might end up being a fighting type after all. Evos for Farfetch as well.

Last edited:
Loved her design and seeming personality trope from what little was shown with body language. Game Freak are generally great with a lot of their designs of characters.

Thurible

So in the end, Scorbunny might end up being a fighting type after all. Evos for Farfetch as well.
I think it said pure fighting type, which makes no sense. I heard that it may have been a typo for pure fire type. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes fire/fighting :messenger_expressionless:

Saber

Gold Member
I think it said pure fighting type, which makes no sense. I heard that it may have been a typo for pure fire type. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes fire/fighting :messenger_expressionless:

It's all about translation and get things on the context.

He said its a pure fighting type while learn a lot of fighting type moves. Why this should be a thing since theres no starter that deviates from their base elemental type?

That could only mean that what he means to said is a pure fire type that learns multiples fighting type moves. But in the end(final evo), turns out to be a fire/fighting.

Last edited:

Thurible

It's all about translation and get things on the context.

He said its a pure fighting type while learn a lot of fighting type moves. Why this should be a thing since theres no starter that deviates from their base elemental type?

That could only mean that what he means to said is a pure fire type that learns multiples fighting type moves. But in the end(final evo), turns out to be a fire/fighting.
This is a tad upsetting. Why do they have to make fire/fighting a thing? There are so many other type combinations they can use!

Saber

Gold Member
This is a tad upsetting. Why do they have to make fire/fighting a thing? There are so many other type combinations they can use!

Who knows? Another thing that came to my mind is that he could pretty much end up being a pure Fire type that learns a bunch of fighting moves.

Reminds me of my Pinsir. Pure Bug type, Mega-evos to a Bug/Flying and yet tons of fighting moves.

In the end, this rumor is hitting pretty much everthing right. And this Nessa is supposed to make a mission which involves a maze before you can challenge her.

Saber

Gold Member
Bad news.

According with the devs, you gonna only be able to transfer pokemons that are present in the Galar Pokedex.

That means that if you have for instance a Samurott, you will not be able to transfer it to Pokemon Sword and Shield if it's not part of the game pokedex.

Ascend

Another Fire/Fighting? Ugh. I really hope not. This would be the perfect opportunity for the first Fire/Fairy type. But I guess that bunny is too jumpy to be a fairy type?

Thurible

Who knows? Another thing that came to my mind is that he could pretty much end up being a pure Fire type that learns a bunch of fighting moves.

Reminds me of my Pinsir. Pure Bug type, Mega-evos to a Bug/Flying and yet tons of fighting moves.

In the end, this rumor is hitting pretty much everthing right. And this Nessa is supposed to make a mission which involves a maze before you can challenge her.
In my heart I know it's going to be fire fighting again, I just think it is a really overused type among starters for some reason. Though Incineroar was expected to be fighting and we didn't get that, so maybe there is hope?

Hopefully there are regional variants, the rumor never really said anything about it directly but it claimed lapras and pilachu would look different so that seems a bit suggestive to me.

Nessa looks pretty cool, I'm not sure what to think about her highlights though.

Thurible

Bad news.

According with the devs, you gonna only be able to transfer pokemons that are present in the Galar Pokedex.

That means that if you have for instance a Samurott, you will not be able to transfer it to Pokemon Sword and Shield if it's not part of the game pokedex.
Wait, so would this mean I might not be able to send my prized swampert to sword/shield? Does this mean some pokemon will have to be abandoned?

It's not like how sun and moon don't have a national dex but you still can transfer old pokes to it?

Saber

Gold Member
Grookey also seems to be using a new kind of Grass type move: Branch Poke.

Maybe it's an alternative to basic grass moves like Vine whip and Leafage.

Wait, so would this mean I might not be able to send my prized swampert to sword/shield? Does this mean some pokemon will have to be abandoned?

It's not like how sun and moon don't have a national dex but you still can transfer old pokes to it?

From what I get, yes thats true.

After that, one of the interviews even asked if he could transfer his daughter pokemons to Sword and Shield(he plays Let's Go with her) and then he answered that "as long its part of Sword/Shield pokedex then yes."

Last edited:

Thurible

From what I get, yes thats true.

After that, one of the interviews even asked if he could transfer his daughter pokemons to Sword and Shield(he plays Let's Go with her) and then he answered that "as long its part of Sword/Shield pokedex then yes."
The fudge.

I'm peeved. If true, my interest in this game is going to greatly waver. I like the collection aspect to the game, and if I can't try and "catch them all" then what's the point?

Also what about the competitive players? They just have to use new pokemon from now on? Bullpoop.

Ascend

The fudge.

I'm peeved. If true, my interest in this game is going to greatly waver. I like the collection aspect to the game, and if I can't try and "catch them all" then what's the point?

Also what about the competitive players? They just have to use new pokemon from now on? Bullpoop.
Their reason was that they have over 800 Pokemon now and didn't have the time to transfer them all to the switch with the quality they wanted within the time frame of the games' release. So... Yeah...

Most likely it'll be the Let's Go pokemon and the Sword/Shield pokemon only... So, Gen 1 and Sword & Shield only, most likely. This is my speculation.

Codes 208

Their reason was that they have over 800 Pokemon now and didn't have the time to transfer them all to the switch with the quality they wanted within the time frame of the games' release. So... Yeah...

Most likely it'll be the Let's Go pokemon and the Sword/Shield pokemon only... So, Gen 1 and Sword & Shield only, most likely. This is my speculation.
I mean that kind of defeats the purpose of pokemon home then...

Unless its hinting at some exclusives to sun and moon like the ultra beasts wont be returning

Last edited:

Thurible

:messenger_pouting:

Note: Not mad at you just gamefreak. This is just awful news and just when I was excited for the new games. This was going to be a definite buy for me but now it is up in the air to me. Bleh.

Codes 208

Thats exactly what I would say.

They rendered pokemon home useless. No way people would pay to see their pokemons collecting dust there.
Im not going to form an opinion on this until we know which pokemon are excluded and for what reason.

For all we know it may be (as i mentioned) ultra beasts that are out. I definitely smell bullshit but im not gonna go off on a premature motion.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Im not going to form an opinion on this until we know which pokemon are excluded and for what reason.

For all we know it may be (as i mentioned) ultra beasts that are out. I definitely smell bullshit but im not gonna go off on a premature motion.

I heard all during the presentation.

And its doesnt matter if Ultra Beasts or the exact number. Sure I dont care about legendaries except that I catch them for collection, yet this still means that some pokemon will not be allowed to be transfered. Still renders the transfer system useless.

They need to release an official statement to clarify this or else they gonna lose momentum for good.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Sorry the double post.

But it looks like some pokemon got confirmed. And this again comes to confirm this rumor was real.

Yamper(Eletric) - A dog type pokemon with some kinda of yellow fur in the neck. His ability is Ball Fetch -"If the Pokemon is not holding any item, it will fetch the pokeball from the first failed throw"

Impidimp(Dark/Fairy) - Looks like a pink imp.

Last edited:

Codes 208

You can cross water with a bike now.

And considering the mode of transportation via birds (corveknight specifically i believe?) they discussed in the pokemon direct Im guessing HM’s will be absent again.
Thank god Arceus.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Ofc it is a fighting type. He is based off a soccer player/fan/hooligan.

I mean that kind of defeats the purpose of pokemon home then...

Unless its hinting at some exclusives to sun and moon like the ultra beasts wont be returning

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a specific list or number of returning Pokemon.

The fudge.

They said they went through the pokedex and made sure to include the most iconic Pokemon. Like they're not going to cut Lucario. Garvedoir, Greninja, or any of the starters more than likely. Or anything that's popularly used on a competitive level.

theclaw135

Banned
I heard all during the presentation.

And its doesnt matter if Ultra Beasts or the exact number. Sure I dont care about legendaries except that I catch them for collection, yet this still means that some pokemon will not be allowed to be transfered. Still renders the transfer system useless.

They need to release an official statement to clarify this or else they gonna lose momentum for good.

While it is overdue for them to stop bloating the games, fan reaction shows the timing of announcing this at E3 was a mistake.

Saber

Gold Member
While it is overdue for them to stop bloating the games, fan reaction shows the timing of announcing this at E3 was a mistake.

Indeed. Maybe they should await to fully explain how this things works in a later date. Nice avatar btw.

Vallen

Neo Member
Not having all pokemon in the game's code is the worst decision they could have made for the first mainline entry on a home console. Pay for the swtich, pay for online, pay for the new games, pay for Bank/Home and STILL don't get all your mons...

Fake

Not having all pokemon in the game's code is the worst decision they could have made for the first mainline entry on a home console. Pay for the swtich, pay for online, pay for the new games, pay for Bank/Home and STILL don't get all your mons...
Lazy work, easy money.

Last edited:

ParanoidRED

Banned
I don't think i ever saw an image that nailed what i actually wanted from a generational leap in Pokemon as well as this one

Hell, they could've done something similar with let's go, being a much smaller game in scope and yet looking at SwSh we are progressing at a snail pace

mq3srte270531.jpg

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

I don't think i ever saw an image that nailed what i actually wanted from a generational leap in Pokemon as well as this one

Hell, they could've done something similar with let's go, being a much smaller game in scope and yet looking at SwSh we are progressing at a snail pace

mq3srte270531.jpg

You're making me sad. God that looks insane.

Top Bottom