• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

I'm with ya, I also think it looks really shitty

I just don't see how ppl can "praise" Hawlucha but hate Delphox or Chesnaught... They're way better designs than Hawlucha imo, but opinion is opinion.

These starters are probably my favorite out of all starters. (Probably tied with Gen 4) They're refreshing and unique. We got a water/dark frog ninja, a fire/psychic Mage fox, and we got a grass/fighting knight. HOW IS THAT NOT DOPE? I don't mind the minor complaints on them, not everything's perfect but some ppl are downright destroying these starters for how they turned out. Compare last Gen starters to this Gen starters.....Yeah.

It's a really nice change not to just see "normal normal normal bug normal normal electric flying", etc.
Yeah I mean even pokes like Axew and Bagon are available fairly early on in the game.
I don't get the "no-postgame" rumor. Does that mean that once the E4 and the Evil Team are beaten, there's nothing left? Even the least robust entries in the series have had some things to do afterwards.

With all of the things GameFreak is putting into these titles, it's hard to believe that they would just stop at the postgame.
The person who said this also said he didn't look to deeply into it and its possibke he missed it.
Fire types always got shafted in terms of availability until Gen 5.
Gen 1 had a good selection with Charmander, Growlithe, Ponyta, Flareon, Vulpix, Magmar and Moltres.

Any word on whether or not Granbull has undergone a type change? Not only is it in the Fairy egg group, but it is classified as the "Fairy Pokemon." Game Freak can't be that stupid... can they?

Espada

The VS. Seeker is one of the reasons Platinum beats out HG/SS for me.

Yup, Platinum had oodles of features that I sorely miss (and hope are brought back). So much more enjoyable to play than HGSS.

Man, the idea of new moves with effects similar to Flying Press and Amaura's ice attack is wild. It really changes the game.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm, so...

Serperior < Meganium < Venusaur < Chesnaught < Sceptile < Torterra
Delphox < Typhlosion < Charizard < Infernape < Blaziken < Emboar
Samurott < Feraligatr < Blastoise < Empoleon < Swamper < Greninja (for this the Water Starters are all around equal, they're the best set imo)

Any word on whether or not Granbull has undergone a type change? Not only is it in the Fairy egg group, but it is classified as the "Fairy Pokemon." Game Freak can't be that stupid... can they?

Someone said Clefairy is still Normal iirc, so...

I actually think the three of them have great designs (Hawlucha and the two mentioned starters)

I'd rather go to Sinnoh tbh and visit Gen III properly in remakes.
Didn't one of the leakers say that Sinnoh is mentioned a bunch in the beginning of the game? Ideal situation: Sinnoh (or small parts of it) post-game, Hoenn remakes next.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Didn't one of the leakers say that Sinnoh is mentioned a bunch in the beginning of the game? Ideal situation: Sinnoh (or small parts of it) post-game, Hoenn remakes next.

But so is Unova, you even see statues of Zekrom and Reshiram outside the Palace of Versailles area.

Espada

Sinnoh is mentioned at least 10-12 times in B2W2. Hell, some NPCs say that Unova and Kalos had contact in the past, and there are Reshiram and Zekrom statutes. I wouldn't jump to conclusions based off of something like that.

DMG-01

Super safe prediction: You won't visit any other regions in post-game.

I'm honestly fine with a sparse post-game as long as I get my Battle Subway equivalent. I generally never do hardly any of the post-game legendary hunts anyway.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Post game you go to Hoenn
believe!

God no, Game Freak shown that they can't create a game with two region without butchering both regions.

Jotho would have been much better had Kanto not been shoehorned in.

They do that in almost every Pokémon game, barring gen 1 for obvious reason.

Dr. Buni

I don't believe we will get two regions in XY, but I admit I would really like that. Yeah, Johto was poorly developed thanks to GSC having two regions, but that doesn't mean the same would happen again. That would actually explain why Nintendo is going that far in order to stop the leakers. :p

Also, if anyone is still doubting Greninja, a video of Frogadier evolving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPRg8eVoFE

PK Gaming

Hmm, so...

Samurott < Feraligatr < Blastoise < Empoleon < Swamper < Greninja (for this the Water Starters are all around equal, they're the best set imo)

LOL

Clefairy got robbed

I don't believe we will get two regions in XY, but I admit I would really like that. Yeah, Johto was poorly developed thanks to GSC having two regions, but that doesn't mean the same would happen again. That would actually explain why Nintendo is going that far in order to stop the leakers. :p

Also, if anyone is still doubting Greninja, a video of Frogadier evolving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPRg8eVoFE
GF said in an interview leading up to B/W2 that they weren't going to be doing the second region post gane again and that instead they will focus on the region they are currently in. Hence why Kalos is a massive region and after you defeat the E4 in Gen 5 the other half of the map unlocks.

UberTag

any news about a new evo of Eevee?
What type of Eevee are you looking to see added?
So far we've got Normal, Grass, Ice, Electric, Water, Fire, Psychic, Dark and Fairy.
That just leaves Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon and Steel.

I'm guessing everyone wants a Dragon-type, right?

Malvingt2

So far we've got Normal, Grass, Ice, Electric, Water, Fire, Psychic, Dark and Fairy.
That just leaves Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon and Steel.

I would not mind Ground or Ghost.

Hmm, so...

I refuse to believe that Jigglypuff, Marril, Mawile, etc. Get fairy retypings but Clefairy doesn't.

Yeah its the last "special" type in the physical/special split of Gen 1-3 to not have an eeveelution and eeveelutions are introduced in pairs with one always weak to the other.

Dr. Buni

GF said in an interview leading up to B/W2 that they weren't going to be doing the second region post gane again and that instead they will focus on the region they are currently in. Hence why Kalos is a massive region and after you defeat the E4 in Gen 5 the other half of the map unlocks.

Well, as long as Kalos isn't disappointing like Unova was, I don't mind never having a second region again. Although I wouldn't take what GF said that seriously, they can always much change their minds.

Dragon, Steel (cyborg Eevee), and Flying (a griffin without the beak).

NeonZ

God no, Game Freak shown that they can't create a game with two region without butchering both regions.

Jotho would have been much better had Kanto not been shoehorned in.

How do we know that? Aside from the size of the region itself, which likely could be increased if there had been no Kanto, Johto suffers from clear balance problems regarding levels of trainers and wild Pokemon. The later, which is much more important, likely wouldn't be solved if there had been no Kanto, because the people designing the game still would be the same.

Wilbur

Banned
My post game always consists of me finding a good battle team, really. I won't be upset if there is a small post game.

Do people not just battle with their favourite Pokemon? Obviously if your favourite is Magikarp you're fucked :lol, but I'd find it hard to train a team that were theoretically fantastic in battle situations but I just plain didn't like.

Everyone loves Blaziken, I can't stand him. Couldn't use him.

Maybe I should stick to beating my little brother and not online play loool

How do we know that? Aside from the size of the region itself, which likely could be increased if there had been no Kanto, Johto suffers from clear balance problems regarding levels of trainers and wild Pokemon. The later, which is much more important, likely wouldn't be solved if there had been no Kanto, because the people designing the game still would be the same.
The trainer/wild pokemon levels were so low because Kanto existed. They kept them down so low to make room for Kanto. Hence why every gen before and after gen 2 has a much more normal level curve.

R0ckman

I know a lot of people like to hate on Blue, but to me he's way better than Cynthia, she's like a celebrity that people try and force you to care about, but you just... Can't. It would be more fun if Blue traveled the world trying to troll other trainers because he couldn't defeat red. Yet we keep getting these reject Champions like Steven Stone and Cynthia, basically born into Championism, shoved down our throats.

Or a sub story of a champion that uses a team of all legendaries only to find out the trainers is an illusion along with most of his mons and is used by a dark or ghost type that feeds on the misery of his defeated trainers; their hopes and dreams crushed.

Dr. Buni

I think Cynthia is far more interesting than Blue. I don't hate him, though, I think he is still better than Lance, the crappy Gen 3 champions and Iris (I love her design, but the character herself is meh at best), but I definitely wouldn't want to see him in every game. I am really hoping the XY champion is as strong and memorable as Cynthia (and I also the champion is a she).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know a lot of people like to hate on Blue, but to me he's way better than Cynthia, she's like a celebrity that people try and force you to care about, but you just... Can't. It would be more fun if Blue traveled the world trying to troll other trainers because he couldn't defeat red. Yet we keep getting these reject Champions like Steven Stone and Cynthia, basically born into Championism, shoved down our throats.

Or a sub story of a champion that uses a team of all legendaries only to find out the trainers is an illusion along with most of his mons and is used by a dark or ghost type that feeds on the misery of his defeated trainers; their hopes and dreams crushed.

That's what you get for making Blue/Green into a gym leader :p

Cynthia and Steven have an excuse because they work as archeologists.

DMG-01

Just finished The Origin. My thoughts:
Other than the weird pacing (which is understandable given the amount of content they had to cover in 4 episodes) and the Charizard worship, it was really quite good. I especially enjoyed all of the retro throwbacks like the game text, the DMG-01 bezel surrounding the credits, and the redone OST.

But man, I really wish I had the full version of Gary's Green's theme. Sogood.gif

boo this man :p
(Blue is cool though)

Quest1

Do people not just battle with their favourite Pokemon? Obviously if your favourite is Magikarp you're fucked :lol, but I'd find it hard to train a team that were theoretically fantastic in battle situations but I just plain didn't like.

Everyone loves Blaziken, I can't stand him. Couldn't use him.

Maybe I should stick to beating my little brother and not online play loool

On Showdown at least, I use a squad made up of pokes I like, one of which is Arcanine, and I do fairly well in OU. That said, I also like Gengar and Salamence, so that helps haha.

Also, Blue as champion > Cynthia. At least he earned it.

Macka

I seem to be the only one who doesn't like Hawlucha and it's design, pretty shitty imo from the pics I've seen, might be better once I can see it clearly though. It just doesn't look that interesting.
I'm not a fan either tbh. Boring and he doesn't even evolve.

Cynthia will make her way to Smash Bros. next. Switch between Garchomp, Lucario, and herself with Down B. Milotic/Roserade/Togekiss are her Neutral/Side/Up B and Spiritomb is used for blocking. Mega Garchomp/Mega Lucario/Mega Cynthia for Final Smash.

NeonZ

The trainer/wild pokemon levels were so low because Kanto existed. They kept them down so low to make room for Kanto. Hence why every gen before and after gen 2 has a much more normal level curve.

But the overall curve itself was broken in the end, even including Kanto. If it had been just a matter of Johto having lower levels than other regions, it wouldn't be an actual problem, since you'd still have Kanto to fill that second half. The problem is that even once you add Kanto, the balance doesn't match the other games.

Dr. Buni

Cynthia will make her way to Smash Bros. next. Switch between Garchomp, Lucario, and herself with Down B. Milotic/Roserade/Togekiss are her Neutral/Side/Up B and Spiritomb is used for blocking. Mega Garchomp/Mega Lucario/Mega Cynthia for Final Smash.

Make it happen, Sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom