• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He mentions that the main game is huge and that it has a lot of replayability, and then he mentions that the post-game is also big.

He also talks about a surprise element that Nintendo has forbidden to talk about...

That's pretty promising.

I wonder what's up with the conflicting reports then.

I dont think that text is saying there *is* a big or significant post game, just that the game has tons and tons to do regardless, and thus relax . Whether they mean post game or not isnt really clear, so not necessarily conflicting.

Espada

Don't forget, we get a free Torchic on launch day via a wifi event. Not sure when's the earliest we can get it, but maybe at the first Pokemon center. It starts at level 10, so hopefully the team will be around that. Starting the game with three different starters is pretty awesome. My goal is to beat the Elite 4 with one Pokemon from each region. Please have a level 5 Gible in the first route GameFreak.

You want GF to give you a little landshark-shaped win button? On the first route? Well, it wouldn't be that farfetched since we're getting Bagon really early.

Still, this made me realize that Gible hasn't been available in the wild since DPPt.

From the IGN video review it also shows Lucario using a new move called Power-Up Punch.
Azurill is also Normal/Fairy and you can also heal your Pokemon before sending them in now.

Bradlums

Anybody else planning to turn exp. share off before post game? According to the reviews, the one thing holding this title back from being perfect is the lack of difficulty, seems to me the best way to counter this would be to keep your pokemon at a lower level.

k91191

Bergmite stats/ability/moves

keShdrB.jpg

UberTag

Anybody else planning to turn exp. share off before post game? According to the reviews, the one thing holding this title back from being perfect is the lack of difficulty, seems to me the best way to counter this would be to keep your pokemon at a lower level.
That's probably sound advice. Exp. Share seems like an included "win everything without trying" item to help both children and game reviewers alike.

kami_sama

Don't forget, we get a free Torchic on launch day via a wifi event. Not sure when's the earliest we can get it, but maybe at the first Pokemon center. It starts at level 10, so hopefully the team will be around that. Starting the game with three different starters is pretty awesome. My goal is to beat the Elite 4 with one Pokemon from each region. Please have a level 5 Gible in the first route GameFreak.

I don't think I'll be able to buy it launch day. Any guesses to when the torchic will become unavailable?

Wiz

Technically, we're at 68 with assumed evolutions. 62 without.
And a whole lot of supposition about obligatory legendaries.

70-75 when all is said and done seems like a good guess.

I see.

Yeah, no matter what this gen wont have many new Pokes. It's always the case with even generations.

Gen 2 introduced 100 new Pokemon.
Gen 4 introduced 107 new Pokemon.

While 1,3 and 5 each had at least 130 new pokemon.

ivysaur12

Banned

Not only are they not so obligatory for movie tie-ins in the Mega-Evolution era but we've heard jack squat about rumored/mystery legendaries... something that is prevalent in every Pokemon game up until now (except for event Pokemon). There would be references which we'd know about.

You're assuming a lot as well, though. Before, we've been able to hack the games to get the data quickly, or have had guides to tell us what is there. Not so here.

He doesn't even have the 7th badge.

Korosenai

I see.

Yeah, no matter what this gen wont have many new Pokes. It's always the case with even generations.

Im sure if it wasnt for megas wed have actual new pokemon.

And since megas are kind of like new pokemon, then the new Pokemon number will easily reach 90-100.

UberTag

Im sure if it wasnt for megas wed have actual new pokemon.

And since megas are kind of like new pokemon, then the new Pokemon number will easily reach 90-100.
Naturally. Megas bump that number up extensively.
I'd be more excited about Megas if you could customize their movesets beyond what they would normally know unevolved.

Instead they just leave off features from earlier games only to potentially add them back in the third gen6 game
assuming info about lack of postgame content is correct
Can't blame Nintendo for taking a page out of the Electronic Arts' handbook here. It's just sound business sense.

I see.

And to put into perspective gen 2 had about 17 pokemon that were babies or evolutions of old pokemon, and gen 4 had a whopping 29 pokemon that were babies or evolutions of old pokemon. If we get about 25-30 mega evos thats nearly comparable (depending on how you look at mega evos) except in this case game freak didn't want to pad the pokedex numbers it seems.

SoulUnison

Banned
Is there anything like BW2's Join Avenue in XY?

The customizable shops and training centers were amazing, but I'd especially miss the Nursery, where you could basically instantly hatch Pokemon eggs.

aett

I keep wondering if there are going to be a good number of Pokemon that show up at the end of the Pokedex(es) that are evolutions of older Pokemon but aren't available until the endgame - or even not until after we can transfer from the DS games - kinda like what Gen 4 did.

Espada

And to put into perspective gen 2 had about 17 pokemon that were babies or evolutions of old pokemon, and gen 4 had a whopping 29 pokemon that were babies or evolutions of old pokemon. If we get about 25-30 mega evos thats nearly comparable (depending on how you look at mega evos) except in this case game freak didn't want to pad the pokedex numbers it seems.

Why would you count evos as brand new pokemon? They're not, they're forms. No different than we've been receiving for years.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Instead they just leave off features from earlier games only to potentially add them back in the third gen6 game

assuming info about lack of postgame content is correct

Basically yes.

Have the gens been broken down into # of evolutionary lines introduced? e.g. Togepi and Togetic would count as only 1 for Gen II, and Togekiss wouldn't count for Gen IV.

Not only are they not so obligatory for movie tie-ins in the Mega-Evolution era but we've heard jack squat about rumored/mystery legendaries... something that is prevalent in every Pokemon game up until now (except for event Pokemon). There would be references which we'd know about.

Damn. Wish there were more.

I wonder how many Megas there are.

UberTag

Damn. Wish there were more.

I wonder how many Megas there are.
Right now we're officially at 21 Megas and counting.

REVEALED

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Blastoise
Blaziken
Charizard X
Charizard Y
Garchomp
Gengar
Gyarados
Kangaskhan
Lucario
Mawile
Mewtwo X
Mewtwo Y
Venusaur

CONFIRMED

Druddigon
Galvantula
Gardevoir
Heracross

I believe that's all of them. Along with a whole bunch of rumored ones from assorted trademark/leak lists that remain unconfirmed.

Why would you count evos as brand new pokemon? They're not, they're forms. No different than we've been receiving for years.

I'm not really stating I do or not, personally gen 5 spoiled me and I strictly only care about entirely new lines. For many , mega evos/formes are better or the same as the baby pokemon, permanant evolutions and alternate evos we've gotten in those past gens. For many, they'd prefer the permanence of actual evos and even babies. Also whether they "count" or not the point of the matter would be that Game freak probably put nearly as much time and effort into them as the babies and traditional evos . But the perspective I was working with was absolutely brand new pokemon lines , for which this gen in the end will likely end up having about as much of as any past even numbered gen, for which leaves me satisfied.

Toxi

Banned
Strike 1: Starter look like ass
Strike 2: reggies look like ass
Strike 3: colors are washed out
Strike 4: water...EVERYWHERE...
Strike 5: Trumpets...EVERYWHERE...
Strike 6: Snow was actually ash
Strike 7: shitty fire type selection
Strike 8: salamence looks like a damn happy meal toy
Strike 9: rival was ass
Strike 10: going over 3 strikes.
Someone who hates the Regis, is this fucking real?

The Regis are the best designed minor legendary trio (Best legendary trio period is the weather trio). They're a simple execution of a theme and they don't have any superfluous bullshit to fuck that theme up.

Plus, the Regis have awesome animations in the Colosseum games. Just look at their fainting animations; Regice flips out in a twitchy way, Regirock literally falls apart, and Registeel just shuts down.

hemtae

Right now we're officially at 19 Megas and counting.

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Blastoise
Blaziken
Charizard X
Charizard Y
Druddigon
Galvantula
Garchomp
Gengar
Heracross
Kangaskhan
Lucario
Mawile
Mewtwo X
Mewtwo Y
Venusaur

I believe that's all of them. Along with a whole bunch of rumored ones from assorted trademark/leak lists that remain unconfirmed.

Holy shit Heracross got a mega-evo? I need to get into the leak thread asap.

EDIT: I'm in the leak thread! Even better!

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Blastoise
Blaziken
Charizard X
Charizard Y
Druddigon
Galvantula
Garchomp
Gengar
Heracross
Kangaskhan
Lucario
Mawile
Mewtwo X
Mewtwo Y
Venusaur

I'm loving the mega's, but now I'm a bit sad that they aren't permanent considering how few new Pokemon we are getting. Either way, I'm enjoying these more than the majority of the new Pokemon (where are the 3-form evolutions?)

Did we ever get clarification on whether or not we can have multiple Pokemon holding mega stones in the same party?

UberTag

Holy shit Heracross got a mega-evo? I need to get into the leak thread asap.

EDIT: I'm in the leak thread! Even better!
We haven't seen Heracross's evo yet. Just universal confirmation that there's a mega stone for him from validated leakers.

Loris146

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Blastoise
Blaziken
Charizard X
Charizard Y
Druddigon
Galvantula
Garchomp
Gengar
Heracross
Kangaskhan
Lucario
Mawile
Mewtwo X
Mewtwo Y
Venusaur

I want Mega Scizor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom