• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mence is already better than either Zard for having great stats without sacrificing held item, can dance, and Intimidate or Moxie.

Also no one says bad stuff about Salamence - he's fucking Devilman

Toxi

Banned
No Poison badge is disappointing. Sure, we've had three Poison type gym leaders so far, but only Koga had a decent team; Roxie got screwed over by any of the Fire or Steel types right next to her town, while Janine was a joke with a team that was probably ten levels below yours.

R0ckman

Someone who hates the Regis, is this fucking real?

The Regis are the best designed minor legendary trio (Best legendary trio period is the weather trio). They're a simple execution of a theme and they don't have any superfluous bullshit to fuck that theme up.

Plus, the Regis have awesome animations in the Colosseum games. Just look at their fainting animations; Regice flips out in a twitchy way, Regirock literally falls apart, and Registeel just shuts down.

They look like shitty lazy trios, ROBOTS!? The genies were shitty too. Should have been transformations. Gigas was okay though. The muskedeers, beasts and birds shit ALL over them.

bill1148

Banned
No Poison badge is disappointing. Sure, we've had three Poison type gym leaders so far, but only Koga had a decent team; Roxie got screwed over by any of the Fire or Steel types right next to her town, while Janine was a joke with a team that was probably ten levels below yours.
With only one revealed poison type in the game are you surprised?

Dawg

Some buildings have stereoscopic 3D.

It's weird because the overworld isn't, but there are a few buildings with 3D.

my only disappointment is there still being no dark, which is kinda weird when they seemed to have been answering a lot of long time fan desires between the starter typings and charizard x. on the bright side psychic gym leader means it wont be in the e4 for like the 4th time, though i'd rather have not seen it as a type for anything at all this time around.

Right now we're officially at 19 Megas and counting.

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Blastoise
Blaziken
Charizard X
Charizard Y
Druddigon
Galvantula
Garchomp
Gengar
Heracross
Kangaskhan
Lucario
Mawile
Mewtwo X
Mewtwo Y
Venusaur

I believe that's all of them. Along with a whole bunch of rumored ones from assorted trademark/leak lists that remain unconfirmed.

where did you get those from? never heard of Druddigon mega evo.

i wonder how many stones they will introduce later with dlc.

UberTag

where did you get those from? never heard of Druddigon mega evo.

i wonder how many stones they will introduce later with dlc.
Heracross, Druddigon and Galvantula have had stones found in game but their mega forms have not been revealed (although this all seems to trend back to a single Twitter account and hasn't been actively questioned).

We've seen all the others... although some of the Megas revealed by Game Freak/TPC directly may well be DLC-only (ala Blaziken).

Phazon

Also from IGN:

Nyf1pJq.png

Aww yeah, hope there are a bunch of custom backgrounds like this.

yes there is :)

Toxi

Banned
They look like shitty lazy trios, ROBOTS!?
Golems. That's why they have writing on their "heads".

One has high special defense, is made of reflective ice, and represents the ice age.

One has high physical defense, is made of tough rock, and represents the stone age.

One balances both defense and special defense, is made of refined steel, and represents the metal ages. It's also the only one of the trio that's a robot, since robots are basically the modern version of the golem story.

Again, they probably have the best executed theme of any legendary trio. Their designs fit their stats and typing perfectly.

Heracross, Druddigon and Galvantula have had stones found in game but their mega forms have not been revealed (although this all seems to trend back to a single Twitter account and hasn't been actively questioned).

We've seen all the others... although some of the Megas revealed by Game Freak/TPC directly may well be DLC-only (ala Blaziken).
You're forgetting Garbodor was also mentioned.

GamerSoul

Random question..has eevee been confirmed and if so will it be in the wild? I really want to raise an Umbreon again. Ill shall name it Bayo

Weaknesses and resistances. Some stay the same, some are more useful/crippling than the other.

The score is 3-1 in favour of Mence.

I think both have 2x grass resistances, so that would make it 2-1 (from what I can parse from your post)
though really it all seems subjective when you aren't looking at stats (mega charizard X seems to have a defense stat that could handle at least one 2x effective EQ) and also their strengths.

The 3D must have been fucking with the performance and had to be cut, but got kept in places it didn't mess with. Maybe they will optimize and have full 3D in "Z" version.

R0ckman

Golems. That's why they have writing on their "heads".

One has high special defense, is made of reflective ice, and represents the ice age.

One has high physical defense, is made of tough rock, and represents the stone age.

One balances both defense and special defense, is made of refined steel, and represents the metal ages. It's also the only one of the trio that's a robot, since robots are basically the modern version of the golem story.

Again, they probably have the best executed theme of any legendary trio. Their designs fit their stats and typing perfectly.

The theme is not the problem, abstract art can have a wonderful message but it can still look like shit.

DMG-01

Random question..has eevee been confirmed and if so will it be in the wild? I really want to raise an Umbreon again. Ill shall name it Bayo

Yes to both I'm pretty sure. After all, how would anyone get a Sylveon? Also, I'm almost certain that I saw a SS of an Eevee.

Firemind

I think both have 2x grass resistances, so that would make it 2-1 (from what I can parse from your post)
though really it all seems subjective when you aren't looking at stats (mega charizard X seems to have a defense stat that could handle at least one 2x effective EQ) and also their strengths.

Mence has Intimidate which balances it out. The equal grass resistance is my mistake. I can't count. :lol

SoulUnison

Banned

You mean like insides the building is 3D? Or the game randomly shifts to 3D when you walk near the building exterior?

I played the demo for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon this morning and it just made it feel all the more ridiculous that there's no 3D in the actual mainline pokemon games overworld.

It's basically just GameFreak being a technically poor developer.

Anth0ny

Am I the only person who's okay with "only" 70 new Pokemon? There's enough fucking Pokemon already, I don't need 100+ new ones every gen.

The thing that's scaring me right now is the difficulty. It sounds like that exp share is going to make the game REALLY easy. Kinda sucks. I'll try to avoid using it but it's tough when they just give it to you like that.

Am I the only person who's okay with "only" 70 new Pokemon? There's enough fucking Pokemon already, I don't need 100+ new ones every gen.
I was a little disappointed at first but now I'm fine with it, if they include the mega evolutions it's not really much less than 2 or 4 which were full of evolutions of previous Pokemon.
I'd have preferred some legit evolutions but oh well.

aett

I'll probably keep EXP Share off for a normal playthrough, but I can see myself using it one day if I decide to try a Nuzlocke run - the thing that always kills my attempts at those is the constant grinding.

Mik317

Pokemon Origins (which is gdlk btw) made me think about how the Villians in the series are pretty weak compared to Giovani.

Dude was a G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom