• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person who's okay with "only" 70 new Pokemon? There's enough fucking Pokemon already, I don't need 100+ new ones every gen.

The thing that's scaring me right now is the difficulty. It sounds like that exp share is going to make the game REALLY easy. Kinda sucks. I'll try to avoid using it but it's tough when they just give it to you like that.

Exp share doesn't actually give extra xp, it just divides it. At least that's how it was in the past. Also set that switch setting to set if you haven't before, it helps the difficulty. The difficulty of the AI has never been easier than in the first 2 generations. Replay RBY and just see Blue use growl in THE FINAL MATCH 3 times in a row.

I hope the AI has finally learned how to switch Pokemon when they have to. The only time they actually intelligently switched was back in the Pokemon Stadium days. That was actual good AI.

DMG-01

I'll be without internet until Sundayish and I want you all to know that I'll be freaking out over my lack of leaks. Good bye for now, PokéleakGAF.

Has there been any answer to the rumour of a second Eevee evolution yet?

Pretty sure the rumor is false.

Toxi

Banned
I will never forget how Gamefreak made Giovanni's highest leveled Pokemon in FireRed a level 50 Rhyhorn. That was some real disrespect.
The theme is not the problem, abstract art can have a wonderful message but it can still look like shit.
So basically, "I don't like it just because I don't like it."

The designs are aesthetically clean and varied. Regirock is rough, Regice is all sharp edges, Registeel is cast and molded, and these all fit their types. There is none of the clutter of the beast or musketeer trio, nor none of the repetition of the kami or pixie trios. Also, no member of the trio is a rubber chicken on fire.

The Regis are definitely the best trio.

kirblar

Exp share doesn't actually give extra xp, it just divides it. At least that's how it was in the past. Also set that switch setting to set if you haven't before, it helps the difficulty. The difficulty of the AI has never been easier than in the first 2 generations. Replay RBY and just see Blue use growl in THE FINAL MATCH 3 times in a row.

I hope the AI has finally learned how to switch Pokemon when they have to. The only time they actually intelligently switched was back in the Pokemon Stadium days. That was actual good AI.
EXP Share now works differently. It's a key item in your inventory you turn on. It makes any battling pokemon get 100% exp, any non-battling pokemon gets 50%. No splits, so you're looking at a minimum of 350% EXP gained.

It's awesome.

UberTag

You're forgetting Garbodor was also mentioned.
Was that from a legit source or the same place we heard about Mega Luvdisc?

The thing that's scaring me right now is the difficulty. It sounds like that exp share is going to make the game REALLY easy. Kinda sucks. I'll try to avoid using it but it's tough when they just give it to you like that.
Plenty of games give you optional Easy difficulty modes. It's a simple matter to just ignore it.

SGRemy

Thank god you can turn exp all off. Shit would totally wreck EVs. Can't be having my peoples level up on the bench.

Sorry if it's been mentioned somewhere in the thread I've missed. But is it known yet if level scaling is back in wifi battles? The ability to scale to lv50 or 100 in Gen 4 was fantastic; the lack of it in Gen 5 caused a lot of headaches for me and my friends.

Dr. Buni

Am I the only person who's okay with "only" 70 new Pokemon? There's enough fucking Pokemon already, I don't need 100+ new ones every gen.

You have 300 pokemon to choose from before the 4th gym it makes complete sense why they'd do that. Its a blessing for those who want to raise lots of pokes.

Was that from a legit source or the same place we heard about Mega Luvdisc?
It was posted a number of times here in information roundups.

This is probably my third favorite Mega Evolution so far behind Mawile and Charizard X. It pretty much confirms that the trademark list was real.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2041716/pokemon_x_y_trademarks_leak_all_mega_evolutions.html

"Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow"

Updated the list again.

Kirlia

Banned
"Not surprisingly, all of the original starters have Mega Evolutions, as do popular favorites like Gengar and Gardevoir."

;O Gimme mega starters and mega Gardevoir!

My dreams. They are coming true.

Expecting Mega Gardevoir backlash over design, whatever the design is, when it leaks.

I've always hated that the later gyms don't have six Pokemon.

Yeah, I would've thought that they would fix that. At least make it like:

Gyms 1+2 = 2 Pokemon
Gyms 3-5 = 3 Pokemon
Gyms 6+7 = 4 Pokemon
Gym 8 = 5 Pokemon

Since Elite 4 members always have 5 so I doubt Leaders will go beyond that.

EXP Share now works differently. It's a key item in your inventory you turn on. It makes any battling pokemon get 100% exp, any non-battling pokemon gets 50%. No splits, so you're looking at a minimum of 350% EXP gained.

It's awesome.

Wow that's really broken. I won't be using that then unless I'm power grinding. As in putting 5 low level poke's in my team with a high level one and then going through the entire Pokemon League or something lol.

UberTag

Guess I'll make some changes. How does this look then?

Right now we're officially at 21 Megas and counting.

REVEALED

Abomasnow
Absol
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Blastoise
Blaziken
Charizard X
Charizard Y
Garchomp
Gengar
Gyarados
Kangaskhan
Lucario
Mawile
Mewtwo X
Mewtwo Y
Venusaur

CONFIRMED

Druddigon
Galvantula
Gardevoir
Heracross

Kirlia

Banned
Wow that's really broken. I won't be using that then unless I'm power grinding. As in putting 5 low level poke's in my team with a high level one and then going through the entire Pokemon League or something lol.

I'm still wondering how EV distribution is going to work with the new Exp. Share...

kirblar

I've never finished a Pokemon game because I spent so much time Grinding that I got frustrated/bored. I'd want to use a pokemon, then have to invest an annoying amount of time. This is perfect for me.

From the vp/ Recap thread

>Mega Heracross Stone Discovered
>Mega Druddigon Stone Discovered
>Mega Galvantula Stone Discovered
>Mega Aerodactyl Leaked
>Mega Gengar Leaked
>Mega Obamasnow Leaked
>Flabebe Evolution
>For some undisclosed reason, no leaker has gotten past the 4-5th Gym
>Dual-typed Moves Confirmed
>Flying Press deals Flying and Fighting damage
>New move, Light Ray, deals Grass and Electric damage
>Fucking Afrodyte has a Pikachu
>TM's in the overworld have yellow Pokeball tops instead of red
>Slurpluf and Ama....Amaros...Fuck it, Swirlix and Spritzee Evos Officially Revealed
>Mr. Mime is a Psychic Fairy wrecking ball
>Seasons Confirmed or at least in certain locations
>Spritzee evolves through the use of the Satchet
>JOSHYKINS IS OFF TOMORROW SO ITS TIME FOR A LEAKED-FILLED /vp/ SLUMBER PARTY!
This is where I got info about Mega Garbodor, Ubertag.

I've never finished a Pokemon game because I spent so much time Grinding that I got frustrated/bored. I'd want to use a pokemon, then have to invest an annoying amount of time. This is perfect for me.

Why did you need to grind? Unless your entire team is weak to a certain gym or something that's never necessary in Pokemon. Barring the off-chance that you caught a Pokemon that is insanely underleveled and even then it's not necessary.

Guess I'll make some changes. How does this look then?

So what were at 65ish new pokes and 21 Mega evolutions. Why is nobody counting that as over 90 "new" Pokemon? I mean if that's the case then the 70 new Pokemon rumor with 20-25 Mega evolutions seems perfectly fine to me.

trixx

So lets see..
Greninja was real
the sea urchin was real
Hawlucha was real
Confirmmed that theres little post game

around 70 pokemon*(not proven yet)

I think everyone on the internet is getting a bowl of that Honchkrow soup

Best trio is legendary dogs. Suicune is too boss

Sandfox

Pokemon has always been easy as long as you know basic things like your typings and didn't skip a lot of battles.

kirblar

Why did you need to grind? Unless your entire team is weak to a certain gym or something that's never necessary in Pokemon. Barring the off-chance that you caught a Pokemon that is insanely underleveled and even then it's not necessary.
Cause I wanted to play with that pokemon? I want to try out a lot of them!

k91191

So sad.

uYSe1Kh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom