• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
No - according to the story they're fining the store like $2000+ per copy that wasn't returned to them. Nothing was done to the people who bought the games.

They aso noted was that, if it wasn't for people like Kostdin posting pictures on Instagram, they would've overlooked the street date break since it tends to happen.

Nintendo gotta have that 1 Billion profit somehow :p

Hooray! Reviews are out, scores are good, hype is in maximum overdrive. Can't wait to see this gourgeist pokemon (are we sure it isn't that haunted tree bloke we saw way back when?) and some of the other megalutions

The online functionality mentioned in the reviews sounds GREAT. Can't believe there is finally going to be a Nintendo game with a modern online infrastructure

I'm still salty about the lack of overworld 3D though. They better fix that in Z.

Linius

Hooray! Reviews are out, scores are good, hype is in maximum overdrive. Can't wait to see this gourgeist pokemon (are we sure it isn't that haunted tree bloke we saw way back when?) and some of the other megalutions

The online functionality mentioned in the reviews sounds GREAT. Can't believe there is finally going to be a Nintendo game with a modern online infrastructure

I'm still salty about the lack of overworld 3D though. They better fix that in Z.

Do they ever add something substantial to a third version? :p

I'm a little confused as to what authority Nintendo has to fine anyone. Pull merchandise, sure, even file a lawsuit. But issuing fines? How does that work?

Dr. Buni

I wonder why a reviewer said there is a huge post game, while apparently most of the others said otherwise. Wishful thinking: Perhaps there is something in the post game which isn't supposed to be known before the release?
Perhaps Hoenn isn't going to be remaked, instead it is XY's post game?
lol

MicH

No - according to the story they're fining the store like $2000+ per copy that wasn't returned to them. Nothing was done to the people who bought the games.

They aso noted was that, if it wasn't for people like Kostdin posting pictures on Instagram, they would've overlooked the street date break since it tends to happen.
Thanks for the clarification. That's completely fair. Gotta leak on 4chan if you wanna get away with it, I guess :p

Partition

Banned
I wonder why a reviewer said there is a huge post game, while apparently most of the others said otherwise. Wishful thinking: Perhaps there is something in the post game which isn't supposed to be known before the release?
Perhaps Hoenn isn't going to be remaked, instead it is XY's post game?
lol

That's actually speculated considering all the Hoenn hints and Hoenn Pokemon in the game.

Also, technically the "70 new Pokemon" rumor has to be fake unless there are only 4 legendaries. We are at 68 total now including presumed evos. That only leaves room for the "Z" legendary and one more. Knowing GameFreak, I highly doubt that will happen.

Linius

There is no reason to buy D/P and that's because of Platinum. It added a lot of post game content.

Also I thought the Battle Frontier in Emerald was pretty noteworthy.

Yeah, Battle Frontier was nice and all. But it's not something I would buy a game for considering the fact I've already played Sapphire. Paying 40 euros for a minor difference is a bit much imo.

But Platinum would be worth it's full price even if one already played D/P? Well then there's always hope they do such a thing again with the inevitable Pokémon Z.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm still in despair that Leafeon exists, and doesn't need a leaf stone. I mean c'mon!

Would it help if I told you that the Moss Rock is like a leaf stone, just that you can't buy it or carry it.

80 with Megas and only one new Evo (Sylveon) is fine. It's a huge project.

That's the problem, I don't count mega Pokémon as new Pokémon.

We also don't know what the rest of the game entails.

That's true.

I'm a little confused as to what authority Nintendo has to fine anyone. Pull merchandise, sure, even file a lawsuit. But issuing fines? How does that work?

They broke a contract with Nintendo, hence the fine.

Dr. Buni

That's actually speculated considering all the Hoenn hints and Hoenn Pokemon in the game.

Also, technically the "70 new Pokemon" rumor has to be fake unless there are only 4 legendaries. We are at 68 total now including presumed evos. That only leaves room for the "Z" legendary and one more. Knowing GameFreak, I highly doubt that will happen.
I dream for another Pokemon game with two regions. Better not set myself up for disappointments.

Also, apparently the leaker said "about 70 new Pokémon, not "exactly 70", so there is still a chance of what he said being legit.

icy_eagle

I think both the RSE teams are supposed to be taken as just extremist psychopaths rather than evil.

I felt it was merely stupid at first but after Kyogre starts flooding stuff and the villain leader basically went "Oh flooding the planet makes it inhospitable, guess I didn't think my plan through" I just couldn't handle it any longer. NO SHIT it won't work.

Typing unknown but

FbSiuN6.jpg

pariah164

Ohh, the store. I misread, sorry. Yeah, that makes sense.

I can't help but wonder about the guy on Twitter who's claiming they're the one who reported Kosthedin...

Typing unknown but
Awwww shit.

A few interesting things to note about the pic.

First, Yveltal has been caught, so we can expect info on that soon, I guess.

Secondly, evidently other trainers use Megas as well. So it's hard to say how long it'll be until we know Mega Gyarados's typing.

Toxi

Banned
The beasts are modeled after Japanese mythology sumi-e paintings.
That explains the clouds, then.
R0ckman said:
The regis are literally elemental blocks. Its stuff I would throw together while bored in a 5th grade math class. They are so simple in design that they ARE shitty, they don 't have a cute gimmick like diglett or ditto to save them either. There is no majestic aura around their design, they just look like derpy bots whipped up by an 8 year old.
Lol "majestic aura", they're not meant to be majestic. Not every Pokemon is supposed to be awe-inspiring. They're meant to be mysterious and weird relics of an ancient past, and they fit that idea quite well with their blank faces. "They're elemental blocks," what, are you unable to recognize what a golem is?

Partition

Banned
I dream for another Pokemon game with two regions. Better not set myself up for disappointments.

Same, and I think personally for me, HGSS will continue to remain my favorite games in the series - no matter what - until another game also includes another region or such massive post-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom