• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Medicham confirmation came after Banette and we already saw him.
Tyranitar and Aggron where randomly found un balloons and we got confirmation of both in a magazine by some crazy coincidence.

Yet Mega Banette is not even close to being seen. Dammit I want my Banette now.

Pudge

Shines seem to be super common compared to previous gens? I think that's really cool. They were ridiculously rare before, I still have never ran into one in game. I hope Gen 6 is where I do it. Add more variety to everyone's Pokemon :D

Doctorhales92

Neo Member
Dude. You play videogames. Thats already pretty childish if you think about it.

But regardless, at it's core it is a series for children. Always has been. Probably always will be.

Making thing mature in hopes of bringing back the audience that got to old for it is silly and is chasing an audience that isn't worth it IMO. You just end up alienating the group that liked the series for what it was.

This is the type of thing that happened to the Advance Wars series...and killed it.

still butthurt about that guys

Your right that making the game isnt worth it and stands the risk of damaging what makes pokemon so fun to many youth nowadays.
Now im not going to criticize anyone for playing this game but personally as an adult i gear more towards sophistication, realism and also expansion of a genre to have features that i am better able to identify and sync with.
Having a very childish interface and game style (not the mechanics) doesn't pull me in, it feels like a downgrade and can feel incredibly unappealing to be fair.

Teknoman

Looks pretty good, was a pokemon fan but missed out on the recent ds games. Whats preventing me from purchasing this game is the age factor. It still looks incredibly childish in every aspect, and have seemingly made no overtures to the older audience.

The trainers are older from the jump and the stories are much more involved. Other than that, its like not playing Mario, NIS SRPGS, or Sonic games / watching pixar or dreamworks movies because they are cartoonish.

Whats so childish about the interface? Every RPG on the 3DS has touch screen attack buttons.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really really really want to see what shiny Delphox look like.

Yeah no, last I checked Breloom was a terror because of Spore, and Grass types are now immune to it :p

I do recall Chesnaught learning Aerial Ace!
I'm just talking about looks. Chesnaught looks like a doofus.

famfrit

1381452036994.jpg

1381452204829.jpg

MegaCham's stats: 60 HP / 100 Atk / 85 Def / 80 SpA / 85 SDef / 100 speed as accrding to Jibaku

656 Atk with Huge Power.

Mega Mewtwo X has 548, but WAY more speed (150 base) and enter battle as Mewtwo. Also 150 base SAtk.

So stop saying it's better then Mewtwo.

However it's pretty awesome. OU material.

Dont liked. Always hated this thing...

Thats just one perspective out of many you could possibly have. Imo your view needs to influenced and molded atleast by your own experiences, environment and beliefs.
Adulthood to me is a next step life in terms of how you think and behave, and in this new stage you learn new experience that improve you as a person.
And you can start improving by not worrying if playing a video game makes you look childish. Seriously, how does your "adult" mind not comprehend that? Let your inner child come out and enjoy the colorful and fun game instead of being a dead inside prude.

Teknoman

Thats just one perspective out of many you could possibly have. Imo your view needs to influenced and molded atleast by your own experiences, environment and beliefs.
Adulthood to me is a next step life in terms of how you think and behave, and in this new stage you learn new experience that improve you as a person.

Just give the game a shot, and if you dont like it, amazon it for your money back.

Fou-Lu

Fennekin=Amaterasu
Bulbasaur... probably the usual Behemoth, but I might go for something else this time.
Lucario=Anubis

Those are the nicknames of the only Pokemon I know I'll have in my party this play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom