• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Fuck, should I really drop 200 on a boss ass Pokemon 3ds XL?

Fuck it, we going in my niggas. LET'S GET IT.

Blue or Red though? I'm getting Y so I'm thinking Blue but I really dig the red one too. Decisions....

rrs

Blue or Red though? I'm getting Y so I'm thinking Blue but I really dig the red one too. Decisions....

Still rolling with my OG Zelda 3DS

I listened to (almost?) all of the battle themes on Youtube. While I love the trainer battle theme, and the wild theme has grown on me, I think battle compositions might be this gen's weakpoint in terms of music. A trend I've noticed in a lot of the battle themes is that a strong "atmosphere" is set, but there's no strong melody to accompany it. The worst offender being the Gym Battle Theme.

While I like the E4 and Legendary themes, there are points in both of those songs where the beat just feels empty and your left waiting for the "good part" to start up again.

I haven't listened to too many of the overworld themes, but what I have heard is amazing. Cyllange City and the Clothing Store themes and both filled with personality and XY may have my favorite variant of the Pokemon Center theme since RSE.

I've been looking into this thread without anything worthwhile to contribute and enjoying the ride. Two of my three favorite Pokemon got Mega evolutions (Gengar and Medicham) so I'm excited.

Does anyone know what kind of streetpass stuff this game has, if anything?

Shengar

I listened to (almost?) all of the battle themes on Youtube. While I love the trainer battle theme, and the wild theme has grown on me, I think battle compositions might be this gen's weakpoint in terms of music. A trend I've noticed in a lot of the battle themes is that a strong "atmosphere" is set, but there's no strong melody to accompany it. The worst offender being the Gym Battle Theme.

While I like the E4 and Legendary themes, there are points in both of those songs where the beat just feels empty and your left waiting for the "good part" to start up again.

I haven't listened to too many of the overworld themes, but what I have heard is amazing. Cyllange City and the Clothing Store themes and both filled with personality and XY may have my favorite variant of the Pokemon Center theme since RSE.

Yep, I'm totally with this. The E4 certainly have atmosphere of a tense battle, but again there are some parts that like you said, feel emptied. Makes it somewhat lesser to BW E4 theme where the beat just keep going and goin. How about The Champion Theme though

Kyzon

Today I've hit up all like 4 Mom and Pop game stores in Vegas. I am empty handed.

Guess I'll actually do this BW2 post game that I didn't even know about

Yep, I'm totally with this. The E4 certainly have atmosphere of a tense battle, but again there are some parts that like you said, feel emptied. Makes it somewhat lesser to BW E4 theme where the beat just keep going and goin. How about The Champion Theme though

Decent. I sounds like a cross between Cynthia and Iris's themes. The short reference to Hoenn Gym Battle was cool. GF has been making it painfully obvious lately that they want to return to Hoenn, lol.

My probable team and their nicknames
Chestnaught: Jaegernut
Mawile (Mega): Juri
Pidgeot: Gold
Goodra: LuvSlugger
Dragalge: VenoStorm
Auroros:(I still need a nickname for this one)

greg400

Banned
My interest is steadily rising in this as release gets closer. I was fatigued after playing every subsequent game (and I played incredibly extensively with competitive 4th gen) so I skipped BW/BW2 but I may pick this up.

Is BW worth revisiting for what would amount to 60 hours of gameplay or have I missed very little?

Quest1

Today I've hit up all like 4 Mom and Pop game stores in Vegas. I am empty handed.

Guess I'll actually do this BW2 post game that I didn't even know about

Dude I was so close. Guy at a target in North LV waved the box in front of my face and scanned it, only for the register to say do not sell before 10/12. I was heartbroken. And my gamestop isn't doing a midnight release... I think I'm just gonna pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight. Plus the internet is too slow at my place to DL it.

Pudge

My interest is steadily rising in this as release gets closer. I was fatigued after playing every subsequent game (and I played incredibly extensively with competitive 4th gen) so I skipped BW/BW2 but I may pick this up.

Is BW worth revisiting for what would amount to 60 hours of gameplay or have I missed very little?

I'd say it's worth it just to transfer over all your Pokemon from Gen 4, but I'm a hoarder. I think Gen 5 is fun.

I love BW. If you don't mind that that there are no old Pokemon available until the postgame, its definitely worth checking out.

If you don't want to wait to use some oldies then you can skip to BW2.

trixx

red game red system. I'm not going to be able to play, reading week fml i'm staying off the internet, and my pre-order mught come in tomorrow too =/

Kyzon

Dude I was so close. Guy at a target in North LV waved the box in front of my face and scanned it, only for the register to say do not sell before 10/12. I was heartbroken. And my gamestop isn't doing a midnight release... I think I'm just gonna pick up a copy at Walmart at midnight. Plus the internet is too slow at my place to DL it.

I used to live by that Target. They're always trying to break street date XD

I'll be at walmart at midnight myself. If I still lived in north vegas though I'd drive by the gamestop that's having it's midnight release, and grab some street passes, lol.

Quest1

I used to live by that Target. They're always trying to break street date XD

I'll be at walmart at midnight myself. If I still lived in north vegas though I'd drive by the gamestop that's having it's midnight release, and grab some street passes, lol.

Which GameStop in north vegas has midnight? And PM me your Friend code, we can battle the pogeymanz

Ha i caught a pikachu and i was amazed that it didnt have a chiptune or whatever you would call the sounds the pokemon makes, instead it actually says its name. Not pichu though, it makes the weird little sounds like everyone else

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Still rolling with my OG Zelda 3DS

Brofist!

6485324947_76505160dd_z.jpg

Can't will myself to upgrade to an XL until we get that purple Majora's Mask Edition.... Nintendo plz.

Ha i caught a pikachu and i was amazed that it didnt have a chiptune or whatever you would call the sounds the pokemon makes, instead it actually says its name. Not pichu though, it makes the weird little sounds like everyone else

Nintendo is breaking my suspension of disbelief with such a crazy dissonance of Pokemon sounds.

Lol, it's actually a really neat touch, I think. Can't wait to actually hear it.

Nintendo is breaking my suspension of disbelief with such a crazy dissonance of Pokemon sounds.

Lol, it's actually a really neat touch, I think. Can't wait to actually hear it.
It sounds like the one in the anime/smash bros brawl, its really neat. Wish they did it with more pokemons but i bet its only pikachu. In fact i wish they made the growls and shit like in the pokemon origins special

FSLink

Banned
Oh hey people from North Las Vegas. I'm not currently living there (I'm active duty military) but if you guys want to add me when I get the game, my FC's in my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom