• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a 3DS XL and reserved X today.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red and Blue (Day one. Nintendo Power had me super hyped, the Epic Center section was my bible as a kid) but I have nothing to do until the PS4 hits and my friends are buzzing about it. I tend to mess around on my phone a lot while I watch hockey and football so I'm hoping this will take the place of Candy Crush and sudoku. I haven't paid attention to this series in quite awhile so everything outside of Gen 1 is new to me, I'm pretty excited.

Velcro Fly

They should have just given him an evolution instead of a mega. Make his boost in power permanent and not take up the mega evo slot on a team.

All right, time I catch up on the newsfe--

HOLY SHI-- MEGA PINSIR. It's bug/flying? Hmmm. It has an ability that turns normal moves into flying moves? Helloooo Return! I need to see stats! Now all I need to see is If there's a Mega Houndoom~

Also, what's this? Pinsir and Houndoom are exclusive to X? Drat. Wait, Tyranitar is exclusive to Y? Helloooo trades! Pay attention to trades, PokeGAF: I'll have some Larvitars with your name on it!!

Macka

Now we have Pinsir, Heracross is all but confirmed. Houndoom is also on the Mega Pokemon trademark list too, and it's Y counterpart is...Manectric!

Come on Mega Manectric!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Mega Pinsir looks beast as FUCK

ykyDgfS.gif

Quick question. Can I get the Charizardite without picking Charmander? I was just gonna transfer my White one over... I chose Squirtle for that reason. Hope there's another way to get the ite.

ramyeon

Quick question. Can I get the Charizardite without picking Charmander? I was just gonna transfer my White one over... I chose Squirtle for that reason. Hope there's another way to get the ite.
I think I've heard that you can buy all the starters' mega stones in-game.

Not cheap though.

dc89

So in 20 minutes this morning I've encountered three more Pikachu's. I caught two of them to trade to people I know, incase they have the same trouble I did.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy shit... Chesnaught naysayers, look at SPINY SHIELD animation

Chespin's like Mr. Fantastic that its arms can become shield!

UberTag

For those of you who are still undecided on your starter Pokemon, here's a little added information to help make your decision easier... or harder.

TOP-LEVEL GRASS-TYPE STATS

Grass-TypePokemon_zps7a99610a.png

TOP-LEVEL FIGHTING-TYPE STATS

Fighting-TypePokemon_zps34f6cc21.png

TOP-LEVEL FIRE-TYPE STATS

Fire-TypePokemon_zps5a2086ac.png

TOP-LEVEL PSYCHIC-TYPE STATS

Psychic-TypePokemon_zps8d67152d.png

TOP-LEVEL WATER-TYPE STATS

Water-TypePokemon_zps3bd6cf96.png

MoreWater-TypePokemon_zps0771051a.png

TOP-LEVEL DARK-TYPE STATS

Dark-TypePokemon_zps583eedcd.png

6th-gen pokemon have their approximate base stats as per the latest Smogon calculations. Obviously these will undoubtedly change as they narrow them down precisely.

And because I'm not thrilled with how compressed these images are, I've thrown together a Google spreadsheet link as well.

Ultimadrago

Serebii said:
Gyaradosite is found in Couriway Town

Certainly noting this for my playthrough.

From Serebii:

Mega Stones can only be found between 8pm and 9pm

I guess this will become a nightly duty...

In fact I just re-read it. the beginning of the sentence was before the screen.

There is an object to find mega stones but it only works during this hour.

Aah. Still a bit odd, but good to know I'll be able to get the stones without need for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom